Season 6 Preview Show

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Feb 15, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I am Greg Gumbel

• Like Like x 1
  2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Memphis Tigers graduated their star yet oft injured QB Jacoby Brissett. You will remember that Jacoby Brissett led the Tigers to a 12 win season and their first conference championship in school history two years ago. Last year, different story as the O-Line was victimized by everyone in the country, resulting in a nagging broken rib that kept Brissett out of 7 games last season and resulted in a 4-8 record.

This offseason the Tigers, based soley on the strength of their basketball team, moved over to the Big East. Picked to finish last, the Tigers have no where to go but up. Or sideways. The offense will be lead by JR QB Jovan Chambers (rot in hell Weave). Chambers wasnt supposed to do anything but hold a clipboard while in Memphis but he was thrust into a starting role last season and played well upon relief in his first game. Then...lost 6 straight as a starter. The rb situation is in better shape than normal due to Sophmore RB Jayson Gross. Gross, a 4 star recruit out of Wyoming flew under the radar until Memphis gobbled him up. Along with WR Andrew Douglas, the Tigers have a few weapons but can anyone get them the ball?

On defense, the fellas are getting a little older and played much faster in a loss to Ohio State. They tackled better and the secondary played very well, creating a turnover and swatting alot of passes. The strength is in the middle, with good depth at the MLB and Safety positions.

Special teams is still special. Sophmore punter Emmanuel Waters will handle the kicking duties as that douche bag kicker I wasted time on all freaking year and had me #1 signed with SDSU on the last damn week. Ugh.

Memphis only has 8 scholarships to hand out this year, so they will shoot for the moon at first, then scramble to fill with more scrubs when that fails.

Update, Memphis signs their first player, the #48 ATH, 3 Star recruit Desomond Brown, at 6's and decent speed, he projects as an OLB or SS depending on need.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

What does LSU have in store for an encore to their brilliant National Title season?

As of right now, we have no idea. More questions surround LSU than answers. The current roster is comprised of poor recruiting classes by Les Miles, who ran the program into the ground. The Tigers graduated 7 starters on offense and 7 starters on defense. What's left on the roster is a mixed bag of talent and roster filler.

The Tigers offense will be paced by SR QB Jahmal Thomas. He got a decent amount of time last year and performed well. Running back Joe Lynch will get the bulk of the carries, although not a starter a season ago, Lynch ran for close to 900 yards. The WR corp is a major issue. The top 4 WR's are sophomores and none are particularly exciting. LSU's running game should move the ball in the event that the WR's can't get open. The Tiger's top play maker is TE Andrew Walker. Look for him to figure prominently in the passing game. The O-line is clearly the strength of the offense.

On defense, the Tiger's will have a very good front 4. The LB's are a major concern however. They will be breaking in 2 new starters on both OLB positions. The secondary sees 3 new starters but all played a good deal a season ago. The Tiger defense features 1 SR starter, 8 JR starters and a SO starter.

LSU has a great punter who will handle PK duties as well.

Overall, this is a tough team to project going forward. They should be good (Coach Weaver is at the helm after all), but how good remains to be seen.

Not so fearless projection: 9-3.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Reminder, failure to do this...like last season will cost you a scholarship

5. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

San Jose St. comes into this new season with a lot of talent on the roster. The big question is whether or not their new QB can fill the shoes of Kevin Butler. Butler left as the all time leader in yards and TD passes so the newb will definitely be under scrutiny. The newb actually has a name and it's Rick Gaston. Gaston is a redshirt freshman who has really taken this program by surprise. Much more of a pure passer (if you want to call it that), then a scrambler and has a decent arm. With a three headed monster at RB as well as a young and talented group on the O-line, he should fit in well with the system in place. The WR core is led by last year's surprise #4 receiver Luke Hughes. Hughes showed last year he was capable of a lot more than people like to give him credit for. His emergence will be a key part of the passing game. Another bright spot is the depth at TE. Sean Hollis and Luke "don't call me Hughes" Rodgers are both viable options and can give defenses something to think about.

On the defensive side of the ball we see a mix of new faces along with some familiar ones. The whole defensive line returns with that group being led by DE Tim Smith. Smith quietly put up good numbers last season and we hope to get 6-8 sacks out of him this year. Maurice Stuckey and Mike Massey return at DT in this 4-3 defense and while they might not look the part, they sure play bigger than their size. We have 3 new starters at all 3 LB spots. The group will be led by Pat Herring and San Jose native Jasper Collins. Collins has been in the system for a couple years now and will really have to step up to help bolster this unit. We wrap things up with the secondary. Led undoubtedly by FS Julian Ivey, this bunch has usually been pretty consistent for the Spartans. While there are a few new starters, they have all seen the field in some fashion or another over the last season or two.

Look for this team to run through the WAC and hopefully pull off an upset or two during out of conference play. The true measuring stick will be in week 1 as they travel across the nation to face the perennial powerhouse LSU Tigers!!! SJSU now expects to win and the rest of the nation knows it so this will be a real defining season in the history books for your San Jose St. Spartans!

• Like Like x 1
  6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Great job everybody that didn't do this. I guess I'll just take a step down myself.

7. Pro

Pro Walk On

Some of us work and go to school for a living. Go back to your beach!

• Like Like x 1
  8. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Pro you are by far the best owner in this dynasty IMO. You constantly do write-ups that are better than the rest. Okay back to the beach now!

• Like Like x 1
  9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Last warning.....You have until Sunday at Midnight to post a write up...otherwise...Scholarship...BYE BYE

10. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

UVA isn't very good.
    We have a good QB but he seems to suck Danny Obrien style
    My DBs are good but are getting torched.
    Charlottesville has a lot of gays but Im thankful for the millions on my contract.
    Will probably be near .500 for year I'm guessing.
    Eat me.
    Done.

11. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

see...quick, to the point and very informative

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

This season is in the hands of Juco transfer

ryan clancy.png

he'll be handing off to senior
    sean williams.png

5 star freshman sensation

barry kiniry.png

will be learning from senior

jared williams.png

4 star freshman sensation

casey reese.png

will be holding down the dline.

Clancey and Williams are definite down grades from Hunt and Moore of last year, so the passing game will need to be greatly improved from last year. Kiniry brings excellent speed and acceleration along with his precise route running ability. Senior Williams is almost identical to Kiniry except he is in his fifth season. Both of these guys look to be dynamic options for Clancey in the passing game.

13. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

This is too detailed.

The Priest's preview is better.

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

says a guy that's still yet to do one himself. ;)

15. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Miami is very good.
    We have a good QB and he doesnt seems to suck Danny Obrien style
    My DBs are good and wont be getting torched.
    Miami has a lot of gays but Im thankful for the millions on my contract.
    Will be perfect this year, you can take that to the bank.
    Eat Heath.
    Done.

• Like Like x 1
  16. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

awesome. lol.

17. Pro

Pro Walk On

Who wants to eat Heath?

18. Pro

Pro Walk On

In hopefully the first of many years at Ohio State, Offensive Coordinator Andrew Profio has a very talented team to compete for at least a B1G Ten Championship. The offense features not one but two quarterbacks who are rated 99 overall. A very good running back group, a wide receiving corps who have good speed. The key for the Buckeyes will be the play of the offensive line. Can the give the talent quarterbacks time to pass the ball? Will they be able to open up the running lanes? Another question for the Scarlet and Grey will be how quickly they can pick up Profio's offense. It's not an overly complicated offense but anytime you're going to a new system, there is going to be most certainly an adjustment period.

PREDICTION: 11-1

19. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Tennessee lost a lot on offense this year
    Four o-lineman in the 90's
    Yet I am running the ball better then last year
    My QB has no accuracy at all
    If I continue to throw this many picks a game it's going to be a long year
    Prediction is 7-5 and a shit bowl unless I can curb these TO's

• Like Like x 1