Season 6 Recruiting Central

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Post up your signings and stuff, talk smack, wow us with the gem you just uncovered.....

2. Wyrmreaver

Available Scholarships at season start (seniors + walk ons + 2)

ARMY - 17

Arizona State - 18

CAL - 10

Colorado - 20

LSU - 16

Rutgers - 23

UMASS - 18

Virginia - 12

3. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Aren't we supposed to get scholarships for each roster spot under 70? I think I should have 12 scholarships available, as I have 68 players...

4. Wyrmreaver

I was on the wire and counted seniors, I assumed everyone had 70. I will correct my post once we rehost the OD

5. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Did anyone else notice that some prospects were auto-offered for them? I've got two people on my board that I've apparently offered, despite the fact that I haven't spent a minute talking to anyone yet...they also had offers during pre-season!

6. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Not for me, but I've seen some of my prospects being offered during the pre-season though like you said.

7. Wyrmreaver

I had weird stuff where after I called a 2 guys it acted as if I hadn't called the first one. Similar stuff in week one of AM, hopefully it clears itself up

8. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

Arizona St 17 Scholarships

1.:4stars:OLB Mike White 6'2" 241 Rancho Cordova, CA (#9 OLB)
    2.:4stars:DE Charles McKeon 6'1" 227 Grand Haven, MI (#10 DE)
    3.:3stars: T Derrick Corbett 6'4" 310 Burien, WA (#24 T)
    4.:4stars:WR Joey Butler 5'10" 187 Yonkers, NY (#34 WR)
    5.:4stars:WR Marques Moore 6'1" 214" Converse, TX (#36 WR)
    6.:4stars:WR Dusty Cooper 6'2" 210 Rohnert Park, CA (#9 WR)
    7.:2stars:CB Tim Martin 6'1" 190 Cairo, GA (#156 CB) JUCO
    8.:4stars:DT Adam Buchanan 6'0"303 Temple City, CA (#3 DT)
    9.:3stars:P Matt Gray 6'0" 210 Marshall, MI (#2 P)
    10.:3stars:T Will Cook 6'3" 278 Woodland Park, CO (#47 T) JUCO
    11.:4stars:HB Drew Miller 6'1" 188 Greeley, CO (#22 HB)
    12.:4stars:CB Adam Smith 6'0" 190 Laurens, SC (#17 CB)
    13.:4stars:ATH Michael Gilbert 5'11" 180 North Salt Lake, UT (#14 ATH)
    14.:3stars:ATH Aaron Roberts 6'0" 191 Northbrook, OH (#54 ATH) JUCO
    15.:4stars:QB Marlon Howard 6'1" 205 Mills, WY (#23 QB)
    16.:3stars:T James Clark 6'8" 290 N Richland Hills, TX (#73 T) JUCO
    17.:3stars:G Willie Moss 6'3" 311 Richfield, UT (#73 G)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  9. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

LSU 16 Schorlaships

1. :5stars: C Alex Hall (#1 Center)
    2. :4stars:CB Mike Clark (#1 CB)
    3. :4stars:DT Ken Washington (#2 DT)
    4. :4stars:ATH Cedric James (#19 ATH)
    5. :5stars: OLB Colt Hicks (#1 OLB)
    6. :5stars: T Derrick Pierce (#1 T)
    7. :4stars:ATH David Redd (#20 ATH)
    8. :4stars:T Dustin Dawson (#6 T)
    9. :4stars:MLB Matt Brothers (#2 MLB)
    10. :4stars:MLB Hunter Ward (#3 MLB)
    11. :4stars:QB Tiger Clark (#9 QB)
    12. :4stars:DT Daniel Parrish (#1 DT)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  10. Wyrmreaver

Army - 17 scholarships

1. :3stars: SS (#8) Tyler Miller - 81 OVR (+10) - can you say Gem! This kid is perfect for the 3-3-5 where he'll line up similar to a 4th LB on many downs. He has great speed and acceleration (90/89) with elite tackling (90) and excellent block shedding (80) for his position. Likely a day 1 starter next season and a future star.
    2. :4stars: G (#17) Mike Matthews - 79 OVR (+6) - another player that is better than advertised, much stronger (88) than originally thought and more stout in run blocking (84) as well.
    3. :5stars: ATH (#1) Sam Treangen - 81 OVR (+1) - A big time recruit, the #3 overall rated recruit in the nation. At 6'6" with solid speed and excellent receiving skills, this kid is a big time WR prospect.
    4. :4stars: CB (#10) Adam Clark - 79 OVR (+6) - A very balanced skill set and talented player all wrapped up in an undersized package. Should develop into a really nice corner.
    5. :3stars: T (#41) William Jones - 78 OVR (+10) - A giand road grader in the run game with enough technique to hold up in the passing game as well.
    6. :4stars: MLB (#1) Josh Berry - 80 OVR (+2) - Given his speed and pass rushing ability, he may well move outside at Army.
    7. :5stars: ATH (#8) Justin Houston - 79 OVR (+3) - Could easily play CB or WR. Which one depends on the depth chart come this fall.
    8. :5stars: FS (#1) Orlando Davis - 80 OVR (-1) - A marquee player with all of the tools to be a great one manning the deep middle for the Black Knights.
    9. :4stars: G (#8) Anthony Jackson - 77 OVR (-1) - Solid run blocker to add to the teams depth
    10. :3stars: T (#48) Chris Sherman - 76 OVR (+9) - Limited in pass protection but should have time to learn before taking the field.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  11. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Any suggestions on where to put this guy? CB is the fastest way to see the field, but I dunno...

WoodardATH.png

12. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Personally I'd say cut him...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wyrmreaver

You have 3 young HBs that look nice, but that is where I'd put him, gives you 4 deep there and this guy looks like a punt/kick return whiz to boot.... His cover skills are okay, but you have 5 guys who will be rated ahead of him there.......

14. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

UMass Class of 2019 Commitments

Blair Lowe
    Tight End | Blocking
    [​IMG]
    Home College Park, MD
    Height 6-5
    Weight 240
    Caliber :3stars:

Analysis: The first commitment to the Minutemen's 2019 class, Lowe is a solid all-around tight end prospect. He can block a little bit and catch a little bit. With the graduation of Chris McCall, the only returning tight end on the roster will be Keenan Crenshaw. Lowe is solid enough to see the field in two-tight end sets. He could stand to be a bit more consistent in catching the ball and definitely needs to dedicate himself in the weight room, but his raw athleticism and technique are sufficient enough to warrant him learning how on be a college tight end while on the job. Still, look for Coach Franklin and his staff to continue combing through prospects for a couple other guys, especially JC guys, who are more game ready and could afford to allow Franklin to redshirt Lowe and let him develop more physically before seeing the field.

Signing Grade: Given the need for bodies at the position, the Minutemen did a respectable job in locking down a possible contributor early in recruiting. Lowe is a low floor, average ceiling kind of prospect who you would never expect to see on anyone's All-Big East team, but he fills a need in an efficient way and is the kind of lunchpail guy that every championship caliber program has on its roster. The Minutemen get a B- for this signing

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Austin Gschwend
    Tackle | Run Block
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Home Passaic, NJ
    Height 6-5
    Weight 282

Analysis: When W.D. Franklin first became coach at UMass, offensive line was a unit completely devoid of talent and depth. It quickly became a focus of recruiting, especially at tackle. The signing of Austin Gschwend is a doubling down on the commitment of Franklin to never leave the cupboards bare again. A JUCO transfer, Gschwend is battle tested. He is competent as both a pass protector and a run blocker, his greatest asset being his explosiveness of the ball and his strength. Gschwend will be given a chance to compete with returning redshirt senior Korey Roach next year to replace Lance Young at left tackle, though in all likelihood he will backup Roach for a year before assuming the reigns to the protecting the blindside.

Signing Grade: Gschwend is yet another young, talented offensive lineman with a world of potential. The impact of the signing is geared more toward the long term than it is for next year. He will join Antonio Bell and Sean Dukes, whose developments haven't been as promising as hoped for, in competetion for playing time opposite Jason Olsen for the next few years. And if his JUCO production is any indication, he will have an impact sooner than later. The Minutemen get a B+ for inking Gschwend. He is capable of stepping in now, but more importantly he is a safety net and stabilizing force at the left tackle position several years down the road--at least until Franklin can find the next Lance Young or Jason Olsen.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sean Hill
    DE | Pass Rusher
    [​IMG]
    Home Baltimore, MD
    Height 6-0
    Weight 250
    Analysis: The Minutemen are losing both starting defensive ends after this season. The heir apparents, Michael Moore and Ben Carlson are already on the roster and learning the ropes. However, the cupboards are bare after them, with only rising senior Rodney Allen as the only other holdover. Hill is a quality depth signing and can step in on day one and provide some quality snaps. He is a solid run defender and has a load of potential in terms of rushing the passer, but he will need time to develop before that potential is realized. The benefit for both the Minutemen and Hill is that he will not be counted on as a major contributor for many years down the line and will have ample opportunity to get some on the job training.

Signing Grade: As previously stated, this signing is geared mostly toward looking at the future and providing some depth now. With two highly touted pass rushers in tow, the Minutemen needed depth capable of contributing from day one, and if pressed into doing so, Hill is the type of freshman that can do so. Physically, he can take the pounding and technically he is refined enough tomake up for what he lacks athletically, which is not much. He excels at nothing, but is capable of doing it all and for the time being he gives UMass four years of quality depth, at worse, and he may prove to be a very capable starter his junior or senior year. This is a solid B signing for Coach W.D. Franklin
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________

Jeff Price
    Tackle | Run Block
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Home Newmarket, NH
    Height 6-5
    Weight 280
    Analysis The best adjective to describe Jeff Price's game is 'game ready'. Transferring to UMass as a junior, Price immediately provides quality depth at all positions along the offensive line, including his listed position of tackle. Korey Roach, a rising senior, is expected to step into the whole at left tackle created by Lance Young's graduation. Price will likely be given a precursory look at the position in the spirit of competition, but in all likelihood, Price will be the primary back up to both tackle position. Despite being only 280 pounds, Price is surprisingly stout in the trenches, yet remarkably athletic. With the graduation of guards Jon Sowell and Matt Bonds, Price stands a better chance of winning a starting position at guard, where rising redshirt sophomores Ryan Gore and Scott Graham lack significant experience and Price's veteranship may prove to be a great asset.
    Signing Grade
    Of Franklin's five signings to date, Price's signature may be the best of the bunch. He provides value immediately and in the future. Immediately, he provides depth all along the trenches, especially at tackle where Antonio Bell and Sean Dukes aren't quite ready to see the field in significant stretches. Additionally, down the road, Price's presence allows sophomore JUCO signee Austin Gschwend to redshirt a year instead of wasting a year of eligibility as a modestly adequate backup. Additionally, Price may even be able to compete and earn a starting guard this year, again allowing some of the younger backups to continue their development at a fair pace, without rushing. We give this signing a solid A-plus.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  15. Wyrmreaver

Updated my post above with my signings so far. crazy talented class shaping up for Army