Season 6 recruiting discussion

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Apparently losing to Duke twice in a season puts you in the shitter as far as recruits are concerned. We were teetering on becoming a residual :5stars: team and have dropped back into the bowls of the :4stars: ranks. I have 1 or 2 decent players that are interested. The rest is just complete garbage.

This blows.

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I feel ya. I dropped to a :4stars:as well.. Last year I had tons of good recruits interested. this year, I still have some but most of them I am in the bottom 2 or 3 teams while 4 users are ahead of me. The game is just teasing or taunting me at that point... I did snag a :3stars:C who's ability sliders looked pretty strong for his grade. Hopefully he will pan out to be a lower 70s center.

Surprisingly enough, it doesnt look like I will be playing hardball with Ole Miss on many recruits this year. For whatever reason I seem to be competing against Duke, BC, and Kansas St for several recruits. Last year my battles were against Ole Miss, Texas, and Missouri. ( I lost most of them sadly) My problem I think is that I can hang on and maybe 'steal' them back, but I generally just waste points into them. The percentage of those guys coming back is too low and I should learn to cut the line earlier.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

The gap between being a :4stars: team and a :5stars: team is HUUUGE... just the level of recruits that are interested in you is some much different...

anyways, this recruiting class is ok i suppose.. i was hoping for more, but i need to load up at certain positions with 23 schollys this year and 20 next season... i have alot of opportunity to fill my roster with some quality players....

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

This recruiting class should be interesting. It seems a lot of guys have 15-20ish guys to recruit, so the users are going to be a bit more demanding on the recruit pools. I hope this year is a strong group.

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Lawdog is ahead of me on most of my recruits. That is the case on a ton of recruits, so I'm hoping we go after different guys. I did insta-commit a :5stars: player so things are starting off nicely.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Haha must be nice, I havent even been able to get a 5* to answer a phone call, and you get instacommits. I think Bondzai is at a level in the game now where he gets a middle of the road team. Bondzai transfers to Texas Tech!

7. Bondzai

Let me win a BCS title before I get exiled from Texas. :)

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I got a instant :4stars:DT who looks really nice..

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

You got that freaking WR didn't you!!!??? Man I should of been in a different conference.

I'm with Mustang in this one......Bonds wipes his ass with better players than we can even get on the phone.

10. Bondzai

Just because I can recruit them doesn't mean automatic wins.

11. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Most honest statement ever made by anyone in the Deuce.

12. Bondzai

My track record speaks for itself.

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Duke signs two :4stars: in week 1 recruiting...which is half as many of my total :4stars: haul in five previous seasons. Still have over 20 spots to fill this season.

14. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Snagged a :4stars:Middle Linebacker the first week. Huge grab for South Carolina.

15. JrRawlins

Three :4stars: recruits in the first week...... a new Kansas State record... unfortunately, i got about 20 more spots to fill and will probably not have nearly the success.....

the only player who could play in the WR i snagged, the rest are both redshirt bound...

16. OMlawdog

Ole Miss signed Roland Anderson a :4stars: CB in week one out of Arizona. This wasn't a need, but I like to add at least one corner a year and he was the only one that was solid out of the ones that were interested, and we can now focus on OL, QB, OLB, MLB, DE and WR.

This week Ole Miss signed :4stars: Juco QB, Seth Quinn out of Meridian, MS. He didn't get offered first week since we are going after a good looking QB out of Pennsylvania, but after looking at his tape, we realized we couldn't pass him up. He is 6'1" 220 lbs, with B speed and B+ Acceleration and Agility along with B throwing power.

We still may sign two QB's but the need has certainly dropped.

17. OMlawdog

By the way, it looks like Duke and Ole Miss will be going head to head for a couple of key recruits. Should be interesting.

I don't think Im having as many fights with Texas this year, after getting my ass handed to me by Bond last year in recruiting, Im steering clear of too many fights with Texas.

18. Bondzai

I'm also picking my battles.

19. JrRawlins

Picking Battles with Texas? shheeeeeiiiiiiittttt...... i wish i could have Texas to recruit just one season... i would be looking for user battles, just so i could talk shit afterwards.. sigh... i guess thats what i am KSU

20. Bondzai

The problem is I have about 20 spots to fill. I need to use my time wisely.

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You already win all of the user battles. Queer.

22. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

23. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

24. JrRawlins

BBJ is Ohio a pipeline state for you?

25. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Yeah...so is Canada!!!