Season 6 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Feb 10, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Michigan State has a big first week in recruiting with 3 ESPNU 150 insta-commits:

:4stars:WR J.B. Mack
    6'2 190
    A speed, C- Catching,
    Most likely a starter from day 1.

:4stars:DT Nic Reid
    6'2 274
    C+ Power, B- Finesse, B- Block Shedding
    Probably a redshirt

:4stars:MLB Brandon Gray
    5'10 229
    Pretty average all the way around, will definitely redshirt

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Virginia gets 3 instant commits:

[​IMG]SS(#17) Alfred Harris, 5'11", 194 lbs, Martinsville, VA - Hard Hitter
    [​IMG]DE(#28) Bobby Bush, 6'2", 236 lbs, Leesburg, VA - Run Stopper
    [​IMG]DE(#35) Greg Gordon, 6'5", 236 lbs, Mclean, VA - Run Stopper

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Penn State lands 1 instant commit in Week 1:

[​IMG]DT Ray Burch, 6'4" 261 lbs. Sayreville, NJ - He'll need a redshirt to put on some weight and get stronger but should be an excellent addition to what were doing here.

With only 12 schollies to fill this season, we can afford to take more chances on big time players. Look for PSU to grab some elite talent this season.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Florida State, for the first time in recent memory, does not get a week 1 insta-commit. We're pushing hard on a number of ESPNU Top 150 talent, however.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan gets an insta-commit from [​IMG]SS Seth Clark from AR. He has average tackling but good coverage skills (B- Man & zone) Clark will likely redshirt in 2016.

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Clemson got 2 week one insta commits to start off what will be a big recruiting class. Both commits are ranked in the ESPNU Top 150 so the Tigers will be expecting good things for these guys in the future. The first commit was :4stars: WR Chris Harris from Ayden, NC. Chris doesn't have great speed but makes up for it in his spectacular catch and route running abilities. Also committing was :4stars: SS Darren Weber from Villa Rica, GA. He has decent all around skills and fills a need for the Tigers.

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Georgia Tech signed one player after Week 1

Robert Olsen WR 6'3, 193 Ibs. [​IMG]ESPNU Top 150 Player

8. AJ Hart MN

Damn, I wish I had more than 12 scholarships to offer this season. I have a ton of guys interested and I'm having a ton of luck attracting big time players but I can only offer so many of them. It still looks like we'll have a hell of a class though. We expect to land around 4 [​IMG] kids along with 7 [​IMG]guy's and maybe mix in a Juco along the way.. With last season's class and hopefully this season's potential class, this PSU team could be a force in a couple of years.. Could be adding a bit of speed so that will help the most. [​IMG]

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Dislike.

Dammit Suge, start negative recruiting this guy, my pitches went to shit after last season and because I switched teams twice for Dakota in the offseason I lost my program stability pitch (went from an A to a C+).

You owe me Dakota!!!!!

In other news, MSU landed it's 4th recruit of the season:

:4stars: FS Dominique Covington
    6'2 201
    B Speed, B Acceleration, B Jumping, C+ Tackle, C+ Pursuit, C Coverages.
    Will redshirt, but a solid guy for the future.

10. dakota7

Really? That happens? I wouldn't have asked you to do that if I knew it was going to happen. Sorry man.

Still no commitments for FSU, but we are locked up in a couple of heated battles, including the fight for the #1 overall recruit, [​IMG] HB Steven Gallagher. Gallagher is another VHT player who is a true difference maker at his position. Florida is also interested in Gallagher and putting on the full court press for this kid.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I need like 20 recruits so not sure how much room I have for negative recruiting.

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

HB is an area of need for us in this years recruiting class so you might as well save your time and start recruiting other guys now. You've been warned.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Not your fault, neither of us knew that was going to happen. Just something to keep in mind for the future...you know if you and I are both going to some top recruit or something ;)

14. AJ Hart MN

Be careful what you wish you.. I'll have alot of free time at the end of the season with no recruits to sign [​IMG]

15. dakota7

Good to know, that way when I sign him it will sting for you just a little extra.

16. dakota7

Florida State picks up an instant commit, their first of the year.

[​IMG]DE Rashad Weber, 6'3 234 from West Pensacola, FL. Weber is the 5th rated defensive end in the ESPNU Top 150. Weber fills a need for the Noles at a position that has been ravaged by early departures. Weber enters school with C+ strength and speed, to go with B hit power and finesse moves, as well as B- block shedding. He will hopefully redshirt.

17. GoGators

That dudes stellar. I just added him to my board this week and you go and instant commit him.....oh well, I guess it'll make up for what happened with that HB this week :)

18. dakota7

Did you get a X2? I see you have him in for a visit this week. If you don't sign him, I like my chances, I've got him scheduled for next week against Miami.

How did you schedule him for a visit on the wire, for this week?

19. AJ Hart MN

Penn State adds their second commit of the year, their second big DT of the class. The defensive line should be now set for the foreseeable future as they signed two stud DE's last season and now 2 stud DT's this season.

[​IMG] DT Austin Rosario 6'3" 249 lbs, Latrobe, Pa

Rosario is the #1 ranked DT in the country but will need to be redshirted to put on some weight. He's a strong kid with great Block Shredding. His most impressive rating is his B+ Tackle. This kid is going to be great.

20. dakota7

I liked that kid, he had me high on his board, but I didn't want to battle you on your turf. Looks like a good player though.

21. GoGators

Oh yeah we had a huge call on a x2 week knocking out like 1200 points and getting like -250 on you. It was beautiful! You might as well move on D, this shows over on this kid.

And I've always been able to schedule kids for visits from the wire during the regular season. It just doesn't work in the offseason for whatever reason.

22. GoGators

And WTF is with Ohio St man. They are recruiting the shit out of the two best QB's in the nation and I can't even touch them in recruiting. Everything they have is an A+. Those bastids!

23. dakota7

This is discouraging.

24. GoGators

@dakota7

Sorry bud. HB Steve Gallagher grew up a noles fan his whole life. His childhood motto of bleeding garnett and gold was put to the test however as he entered the recruiting process. The Florida Gators recruiting machine opened up behind the noles but after a heated recruiting battle between the two head coaches, Coach KSherm reeled in the nations #1 recruit in just 3 short weeks. After Gallagher's press conference announcing his committment to UF he told rivals.com that the thing that pushed him over the edge for the Gators was the coach's promise of significant playing time next season.

I'm stoked to have gotten this kid. HB was a huge area of need for us this season and to land the nations #1 overall recruit to fill a need is amazing. Gallagher and Williams will combine to make one awesome backfield duo next season.

25. AJ Hart MN

That sucks for Dakota..

I'm in a bind now also.. I lead on 12 kids I want very badly but the problem is I can only sign 9 of them. Decisions, Decisions [​IMG]