Season 6 Recruiting News

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Jan 21, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

week 1 insta signs so far.

Stanford leads the pack. Nice QB!

[​IMG]

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The top 7 guys on my board have me #1 or #2. How many will the Badgers land? We even have a kicker as #10 on my board.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

South Florida picks up 4 commitments in week 1.

WR Rodney Jackson
    :4stars:
    University West, FL
    6'1 194.
    A+ SPD, B AGI, B- JMP

USF will be losing several WRs to graduation and are looking to reload at the position. The heir apparent to Nick Gould, this guy should be a good one. His speed will force D-Coordinators to be aware of where he lines up every play. He's got a mature frame and should push for time immediately.

WR Scott Britton
    Lehigh Acres, FL
    6'2 175.
    A- SPD, B AGI, B JMP, C+ SPC, C+ CIT, C- RLS

A very solid WR, this guy should come in at low to mid 70s and has the skillset to improve. He is a little light but has big speed and athleticism. Hope to redshirt but depending on depth, may have to play next year.

TE Leon Thibedeaux
    Del Ray Beach , FL
    6'0 230.
    C+ SPD, B- STR, B- BTK, C- CTH, C+ RBK/IMP

Not in love with this guy, but he was a solid player that had high interest in the Bulls. Does not have ideal size, but has good strength. USF has been using an Hyprid/H-back type of TE and Thibedeaux looks to ultimately compete for time at that position.

DE Bryan Jones
    :3stars:
    West Palm Beach , FL
    6'6 232
    B TKL, B STR, B- BTK, C+ BSH

Jones is a tweener who will have to fight to make the roster. He has good instincts for the DE position, but his skillset and lack of speed make him more suited for a 3-4 system vs. the 4-3 that the Bulls run.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Damn that doesnt hurt, nice haul Blaza.

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Brandon Sanders
    QB (#1) :4stars:
    6'5" 221 LBs
    Hillview, KY
    B+ THP, B- THA, A ACC, A AGI, B- BTK, A ELU

Boy, this is a major signing for Purdue! Now that we're a 6 star team we're getting a lot more interest from the best players in the country. Sanders really liked what he saw out of the progrm, especially the offense and it didn't take too long in the season to get his commit. He's going to be a huge part of the offense for years to come, especially with the shift to a spread offense. He's going to be very dangerous as he looks to be a Vince Young/Cam Newton type of player.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah Fuck this hurts....I was going to fight for him. Now I need to find another QB Prospect. Nice signing. This is once again shaping up to be a shit class for us. I need a signing soon.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah he was the #1 target for us. We had some awesome calls in week 1 and 2 to get us out in a lead and fortunately he insta-signed this week.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This year I kept my board real small in hopes of getting a X2 on a good player instead of some 20th on my board JUCO transfer.

The first three weeks of the season I have gotten two pink diamonds and an unlock pitch. FUCK.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

good, glad i pulled off of him this week and went for the 4 * guy with a solid arm... i got x2 on him so i should be able to lock him up as the future at QB.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How much cash did it take? Quarter of a mil?

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I dont assumed anyone is locked up until the hard committ. I don't understand how I can't compete. Also most of my pipeline states have shit azz recruits. I hate going after guys in other states.

Why was it so much easier before?

12. BRUCE80

Nothing happening at UCLA. This will be our worst class ever. No impact players.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Thank you for dropping off that TE.

Admittedly, we had a big lead, and he was in-state, etc... Smart thing to do, but relieving nonetheless lol

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah there are some awesome players in my pipelines this year. Indiana and Ohio have some studs. Also, I've had a few Kentucky guys so they tend to have interest in Purdue every season.

15. BRUCE80

No doubt, I dont fight when there is no fight...

That and i have my eye on a few other TE prospects that like me better.

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

speaking of TE's.. gtf off mine Mo'

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Jeez Washington.....no more complaining out of you.....

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LAWL. No true impact guys yet bro. Just fullbacks, (two very good ones BTW) and a couple of corners which we needed badly.

I went for the guys I really thought I could get this year rather than reaching for crazy talent that everybody was gonna be scrambling for. Not that there was much in the way of crazy talent this class?

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ill take anyone.........

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ok so I have been wondering: What is UCLA doing? No matter the class he is always coming up with something good. The potential problems are that he doesn't really have any needs, and that he really doesn't like this class. (so I'm wondering if he is going at it as hard)

Here are the highly rated players they are after. Not signed, after.

#1 Ath Brandon Collins - Looks like a stud WR.
    Also with a chance: PITT, CAL
    Fading fast: Rutgers. THey had their visit week 4 and weren't able to get into the lead.
    PITT and Cal both have visits in week 5. If neither takes a commanding lead, UCLA will breathe a huge sigh of relief. Mo is hoping like hell for a X2 this week! UCLA's visit ain't till week 7 though. For some reason PITT and Cal were able to get the week 5 visit and UCLA went for week 7 against WSU rather than Oregon State in week 5. Weird, and potentially fatal.

#1 WR Adam Munoz - A quicker than fast possession guy with all the tools other than great speed.
    Also with a chance: Really, nobody.

#1 T Demetrius Bridges - Very good all around tackle
    Also with a chance: BAMA. In fact, Bama is going to be tough to beat here. They are in the lead. Their visit isn't till week 11, while UCLA has week 5. But the problem is UCLA is 220 points down, and for me, a visit never gets me that many points when it's Bama/Texas/OSU number one.

#1 TE Marcus George - UCLA is being sneaky here. They haven't offered him a scholarship and are 80 points down to TCU, who had their visit week 4. UCLA has theirs this week. Look for UCLA to get this incredible TE prospect.

#4 HB Tim Young - Maybe the best HB in the class (?) but not a guy who makes you salivate. STill, he will probably be 95+ OVR as a senior. They'll get him.

#1 C Desmond Little - UCLA and Cal are in a dogfight for this excellent center prospect. Cal is 220 points ahead. They have their visit this week and UCLA hasn't scheduled. Looks like Cal is the favorite.

#1 MLB Matt Williams - In a class that has a lot of good MLB prospects they are battling for this guy. We think he's the 6th most talented all-around MLB in the class and will be low-mid 70's. LSU is in the lead but UCLA and Wisconsin are right there 80 points back, and both have visits this week. LSU's visit isn't until week 13. Wisconsin is gripping here.

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I can't compete with the big time schools for recruits...pitches aren't great and most of the elite talent has been outside my pipeline states, not to mention, FL hasn't been too kind to me. I tried to get a visit early then pray for a X2...that's how I compete for the top recruits. I've already shuffled my board because I simply can't keep up :(

22. BRUCE80

Like i said my class is a joke. I may sign 7 guys tops..

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I saw a few more... You will def. get some talent once again.

I have a feeling that even in a down year I'd trade classes with UCLA

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm getting jobbed here.

Why isn't my home state a pipeline for Rutgers? I have like 10+ kids from NJ and it's not even a pipeline.

And it seems like according to a search I did, NJ doesn't start out a pipeline for Rutgers...smh @ this glitch.

25. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

STFU you 2 time national title winner...