Season 6 Recruiting

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Season 6 Recruiting

Seems to be a good class that seems well rounded. I haven't had a chance to really look into any recruits passed the top 100 because I stayed up so late trying to work the schedules.

What does everyone think?

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I think once again it is a really poor WR class, and another loaded TE class. There are three TE's that are interested in UCLA that are just sick, and I already have 3 on my roster and none of them are seniors.

The HB class looks really promising with a few studs, but some real depth.

A great Safety class, with some top level athletes at the top of the lists that I expect Virginia to be in on.

I was disappointed with the Tackle and Guard classes with few if any big time prospects at these spots.

As for QB's there certainly is no Hughes or McCoy, though there are a few strong armed QB's that look good, none of which are looking at UCLA.

I think most USERS have a ton of scholarships this year, I have 20 scholarships available and don't think I will be using them all.

The User Battles should be intense this year with everyone trying to sign as many players as possible, you can't get into three USER battles and ignore the rest of your board and end up with 10 players at Signing day.

Should be a real interesting recruiting season.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

a decent class nothing real spectular, some athletes that i might dump a ton of time into.... i only got 15 guys on my board, and i might sign 8 or 9 of them... besides that, i wasnt real impressed... i need a couple of corners but i didnt see one i actually liked....

4. OMlawdog

The corners are real hit or miss, with the top guys being Juco corners. I don't like juco corners, and not sure I need any this year, with 5 Freshman CBs. I need LB's badly. Only have 2 Freshman LBs on my roster and have 4 Senior LB's, so depth is a real issue.

My front seven needs to be revamped completely so that could be a problem since I don't see any real difference makers in those areas, except for an OLB that looks like a stud that I have no chance of getting.

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    :devil: ....

6. JrRawlins

i saw a 3 star DE that looks like he could be a monster... but i cant remember his name... ill post it when i get home... i dont need a DE otherwise i would be all over him... i hate JUCO corners.... not sure why but i do...

7. OMlawdog

Im not on his board, but 7 other Users are, and I can't imagine anyone letting him get away.

Im going to try and focus on the defense this year.

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

picked up my first commit.

Punter, Ted Lewis, 6'1", 191, 4.92, :2stars:

9. theSANDMAN215

I'm going to update my recruiting board, but I forgot to save last seasons file. Anyone save it could they do my recruiting spreadsheet for me and send it to me? Sorry!! thanks though.

10. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

HB Patrick Brown did not want to waste any time on getting his recruiting process underway and after a lengthy phone call with Oregon's head coach decides to attend the Ducks season opener and loves what he saw from the running game, will it be enough? We shall see.

11. theSANDMAN215

i'm not wasting my time with him (i have too many seniors to focus on one guy), but if i was you, i would not pass once in your opener. show him you will give him as many carries as he wants.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

signed the #1 T in the country...to bad i can't get any skill positions...

13. OMlawdog

UCLA picked up their first commit of the season from Nick Jones a :5stars: TE out of CA, that may not be needed, but the guy has B+ catch. That is the highest catch rating I have seen from any WR or TE in the last few years.

There is another TE that is high on UCLA, but I may not have room for him. My team needs help at lots of positions and I just can't do the 4 hours on one guy route this year. Have 34 guys on my board, and there are a some stud 3 stars out there I think.

There are no DE's worth mentioning that I could fine.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

You don't. Let him go. :D

Not even sure I am on his list or whatnot.

15. OMlawdog

Im interested to see where everyone spent their week 1 time, we should see where the battle lines will be drawn. Best of luck to everyone not recruiting players that UCLA wants.

16. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Received my first insta committ in Week 1 for NCAA '10

#1 C Alvin Kemp commits to play for the Huskers in 2015

17. OMlawdog

Whew, thought about going after him, but wanted to see what you did with him

18. theSANDMAN215

what the hell is going on, once again, none of my recruiting went through.

what do i need to do to fix this? im big time fucked now.

19. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I think the only thing you an do is delete the file and then make sure you back out all the way every time, sucks that happened to you man.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You need to make sure you back out of everything using 'B' and then exit the dynasty. Come back in and see if it uploaded then. Also, make sure you aren't saving the dynasty when it prompts you to do so. Be sure you don't have any OD files on your HDD as well.

21. theSANDMAN215

yeah i never save the file. i did that last week, back out of everything, then log back in, and it said i was fine. pretty annoying that it happened to me last season and now again this season. oh well.

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

make sure you back out to atleast dynasty HQ, because if you go to dashboard or turn your system off before you do it doesn't register..

23. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

after spending 5 mins week 1 and 35mins(scholly20+15) wk 2 i got #1 CB instant committed...hopefully hes a juco SO....sorry Drifter

24. JrRawlins

my recruiting class is gonna be piss poor.... while i have guys interested finally in coming to UVA, i am not interested in them... seems like they are all the overrated underskilled guys.....

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You spent a total of 40 mins on a kid to get him to commit?

.... wow...