Season 6 Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

yooo..

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

• Like Like x 3
  3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

sawemoff man I haven't heard that one in a while.

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Haha yea when I saw yoooo the next words I thought was listen up here's a story about a little guy that lives in a blue world...

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State gets one insta commit Week 1

:3stars: CB Brian Huff - 6'1" 178lbs - Not a bad corner. He will help rebuild a once good defense. Coming it with B- Man and C+ Zone I expect to redshirt this kid just to beef him up a tad.

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

:4stars:#4 T Thurman Mason 6'5 292 - B- Run Block footwork, Run Block strength, Pass Block Footwork, B+ acceleration

7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

2016 Penn State Recruiting Update

Recruit Name Caliber Position (Pos Rank) Height/Weight Hometown Overall Notable Attributes
    Reggie Daugherty :4stars: OLB (#2) 5'11" 223 lbs Ardmore, PA - B- Speed, B- Strength, B+ Tackle[/I][/U]

Reggie Daugherty committed to Coach BP earlier this week. The Ardmore, PA product looks like he may challenge for playtime next year as a True Freshman. He possesses great strength and tackling ability for a high school senior. He could also be used as DE in special situations.

8. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Right Tackle commits:

:4stars:#7 RT Brandon Lopez looks to make an impact right away for Clemson. If backups Kyle Johnson and Brandon Scott cannot get it together the position will be Lopez's, but if one of the two shows something to Coach Burgdorff Lopez will be redshirted. The bayou native stands at 6'6" and weighs 270lbs, and is ready to use his run blocking and strength to move opposing DL.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Wolverines sign their 2nd recruit of the year.

:4stars:#1 DE James Quinn- 6'4 232lbs B+ block shedding, B Finesse Moves. Since I start two freshman at Defensive end, we'll have trouble finding a spot for him right away, but we will eventually see him on our field. He will be a quality backup for sure if someone goes down.

Also only recruiting 9 other players this season, #1 on all of their boards so I should sign all of them, but stranger things have happened. I may have made a mistake on a few by scheduling them late visits in Week 8 I think, but I'm spending an hour a week with all of them so it shouldn't hurt me too much.

10. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Man, I haven't signed ANYONE since week 1. This is going to be a shitty recruiting cycle for me as I am a distant 2nd on a lot of guys. :(

11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Haha that was me last year but it will all workout for you in the end.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State brings in 3 guys Week 7:

:3stars: DE Nicholas Harper - 6'1" 223lbs - A decent player with most of his D line skills in the B- range.

:3stars: WR Kyle Huff - 6'0" 176lbs - He's quick and he can catch, might be a JUCO but he can help MSU back on the right track. Ironically this kid has the same name of my younger cousin (although my cousin is white and only 6 yrs old).

:1stars: FB Mike Bass - 5'10" 232lbs - actually impressive, good blocking.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I really got hurt on the conference schedule.. can't get guys in for a game til week 11!

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Can someone tell me what makes that #1 athlete so good? Or is he going to be terrible?

15. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I looked at him and I have no idea. He looks horrible to me for a #1 athlete.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

He's a fullback. I got one in another dynasty and he's an 81 overall Freshman. Very worth your while if you want a good fullback

17. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Like I said to BP, welcome to my world last year. I had 5 away games in a row and couldnt get anyone in until weeks 11-13 lol

18. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Four players commit after Week 6 visits:

:4stars:QB Eric Harris, CB Marlon Vinson, SS Marvin Ross, DE Mike Burke all committed today after having phenomenal visits during Week 6. Four others also visited but did not give their full commitment yet.

QB Eric Harris is the #7 overall QB in this years class and will look to start as true Freshman next year. His counterpart Mike Curry will be redshirted. Harris is 6'1"/192lbs and is quality QB from Alabama. He has speed, agility and a pretty good arm.

CB Marlon Vinson will definitely make an impact in his second year at Clemson. He will be redshirted and Coach Burgdorff hopes that he can bring in another quality corner so they could both start. The Texas recruit is 6'0"/174lbs has really good speed and acceleration, which will help him since his coverage skills are just not there yet.

SS Marvin Ross is a great pickup for the Tigers. They have been trying to get depth at this position and will keep recruiting strong safeties hard. Him and Tyler Johnson look to have the redshirt put on them next year. Coming from midwest, he stands at 6'1"/190lbs with great acceleration, hit power, pursuit and zone coverage.

DE Mike Burke hails from the sunshine state and will look to become a quality backup or even starter if Brad Moore and TJ Clark struggle. He has some height on him at 6'4" but the strength and conditioning coach at Clemson looks to add more to the 224lb frame. He will use his size to his advantage when pursuing the opponents QB or RB.

19. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Wolverines pick up hard commits and soft commits this week

:4stars:#2 T Erick Louis 6'5 277 B Strength, B- Pass block

:4stars:#3 DT Jared Mitchell 6'4 275 B- Strength, B- Power Moves This is easily our deepest position as a team, and we also picked up a soft commit from the #1 DT in the nation. Had I of known I was going to sign him, I probably would have backed off Jared.

:5stars: #6 WR Nate Lee 6'6 190 A Speed, B Route running. Main reason for signing him is this gives me a great opportunity to start 2 solid 6'6 players at WR in the near future who aren't just tall, they have speed too.

Also picked up a soft commit from every recruit I had on my list that was #1, so I think 7 soft commits. I expect them all to sign with me, only one that I may not get is a RB that is visiting Oklahoma this week.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm just trying to make a solid (not great) haul this year before moving up in prestige. I think I'm only 5 right now (or at least it seems like it on the recruiting trail).

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sparty brings on 3 recruits Week 8:

:4stars: CB Jesse Lee - 6'0' 177lbs - He will be starting immediately and will be a sure staple to the Spartan defense. Top Skills: A- Speed, B+ Accel, B+ Man, B- Zone, B- Press, B Play Recognition, B- Jump

:3stars: C Pedro Harris - 6'3" 280lbs - Averaging C on most of his blocking skills, he will add depth to our struggling O Line.

:4stars: QB Ben Henderson - 6'6" 200lbs - A tall freak of nature but maybe he can see who is open unlike Richard. He has B+ THP and C+ THA, will probably take a season or two to develop this kid but he will be a great addition.

22. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Wolverines make a big splash in recruiting this week vaulting themselves to the #1 class in the nation currently.

:5stars: #4 Kirby Miller 5'11 215 pounds A speed, A Acceleration, A- Agi and Elu, B+ Juke and spin moves. - Perfect RB for my spread offense.

:5stars: #1 DT Ryan Walker 6'3 291 B acc, B tackle, B- finesse moves. - Loaded at DT and this guy doesn't look on paper as a dominate force just yet, so a redshirt will do nothing but help him.

:5stars: #1 CB Bernard Ross 5'9 185 A Speed, A Acc, B+ Zone coverage, B+ Jumping. - Small guy, but a lot of talent there. Best CB I've gotten to recruit out of high school so looking for him to be a lockdown corner in a few years.

:4stars:#5 DE Erick Marks 6'4 235 B Strength, B Tackle, B Finesse Moves- With two freshman starting at defensive end currently, look for him to redshirt. But there are no solid backups for the two freshman so he could be inserted to back them up and go in on a few plays to give them breathers.

:4stars:#2 C Nick Douglas 6'2 276 B+ ACC, C+ all blocking- He could benefit from a redshirt, but this was a need for me. If I can convert a tackle or a guard to center that I think would be better, I will, but I have a feeling we're going to have to depend on him right away since I've always struggled to sign a center.

*Note- Have signed 4 5 stars so far, and will sign one more to take advantage of being able to sign 5 this season with the National Championship and Conference Championship letting me sign more than the original 3.

23. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I will post up my measly 4 signings in a bit. This has been a dark year of recruiting for UNC! Go FY Michigan, with all your fancy 5stars! 6'6" WR, jezus help the rest of us...

• Like Like x 1
  24. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

A few more commit:

Philstyle3005 I see your two 6'6" WRs and I raise you an inch. Clemson lands two 6'7" :5stars: WRs today. Ohio native Jason Harrison and Oklahoma native Reynaldo Scott are huge pick ups for the Tigers. They both have huge frames, great acceleration, good speed, and solid route running abilities. Scott is definitely the stronger one, strength wise, but they will both become playmakers in the Spread.

Clemson also picked up two more DL. The Clemson DL is really young but lack quality backups and :4stars:DE Shaun Patterson and DT EJ Wilson look to help out. With the youth at both position these guys will definitely be redshirted. Patterson has the ability to sling off OTs with his power moves and then pursue anyone with ball. Wilson is a 300lb run stopper with good strength, acceleration and tackling.

25. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

:5stars: #1 HB Kareem Chase 6'2 217 lbs A speed, B+ ACC, B+ AGI, B Elusivness and Stiff Arm, A Stamina- Future starter. Looking forward to using both him and Kirby Miller together. The development of Jamie Thomas will be the determining factor on when these 2 will see the field.

:4stars:#6 DE Corey Campbell 6'1 245 lbs B+ Block Shedding, B Finesse, B- Power. - Going to be interesting to see his ratings. I would say we could move him to DT, but we're pretty deep there. Probably will keep him at DE, but don't see him being a starter till his Jr. or Sr year most likely. We will get some good use out of him though.