Season 6 Schedules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bondzai, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm doing the shedules tonight so post up who you want. If I don't hear from you, you don't get to bitch about your schedule. If you do post and I can't get you what you want, too fucking bad.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I will have conference games vs Perry and Brave, but I'd like to play smalls if possible.

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Let me holler at USC or Oregon

4. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Whoever. Thanks for doing them.

5. Bondzai

Twist, you kind of got screwed. You have user games in the first 3 weeks. The good news that one of them is against me so that's a win right there.

It was hard to maneuver around the Pac 10 schedules.

6. Juggernautblitz

I hate to bring this up but did we do anything about these comical sliders? If I'd have buckled down and concentrated in my first couple user games I could have shut out the computer for the season as I ended the year on like a 400 - 0 run. Surely we can steal a set from another OD before this season really starts and make it at least somewhat interesting vs. the computer.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I dont think it will ever be interesting vs the computer with this team.

and didnt you lose a couple games to the CPU not too long ago? :confused:

my two cents: If you guys want a challenge from the CPU then go Heisman default. When you jack with the sliders it makes the game suck. and it throws off your game because all user games revert to AA default.

So we mess with sliders and the games are 50-17 instead of 50-0. in our dynasty description it says we are supposed to be elite powerhouses.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dru50

Everyone knows my opinion on this topic.....

9. Juggernautblitz

Max, my point exactly. I would rather play a tough computer and risk some close games than this cheese that we have now. It is very, very, boring.

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm only playing another few season so I could care less.

I'm more into the user games at this point anyway.

11. Dru50

Every dynasty I've seen here that has tried Heisman sliders has hated them, and generally dropped the use of them within a season. Those that have heavily modified sliders still have blowouts vs the CPU, and those OD's have constant threads to bitch about the sliders.

Do what the group thinks is best, but if we're going to either Heisman or heavily modified sliders, count me out. I don't have any interest in playing games where the 70 OVR CPU players play like they are jacked up on crack just for the sake of competitive games. The CPU is bat-shit stupid (to coin Cole's phrase) and as long as it has zero clue how to call plays it will never be consistently competitive.

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Agree with Dru. Mod sliders can only fix so much. The computer can't recruit so they play like shit. An example would be Michigan in T3. They recruited and started a 69 speed QB and kept running speed options out of shotgun. Every defender including my defensive tackles have higher than 69 speed so they had no shot. The other problem that reflects is play calling. The CPU loves to call all out blitzes, which when read correctly is a free TD. They are no better on offense, go back to my Michigan example for more info.

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im not against playing Heisman default. I know its not for everyone, but its just another small learning curve. Once you get used to it, its really not that bad.

14. Juggernautblitz

So playing on a comically easy level is better? Hell, I lost two to the computer and enjoyed those games about 100x more than these 49-0 snoozers we have now.

15. Dru50

Personally, I don't enjoy CPU games at all in either case. I played in the experience with some of the hardest sliders on the site, and I was still beating the crap out of the CPU, because as I said, it's dumber than a bag of rocks. Would I rather play a game that I win by 35+ where my players play like they will in a user game or would I rather play a game with the same final score, but where the CPU has 3-4 Dlinemen crashing through a higher rated OL right off the snap, and 70 OVR HB's and WR's are breaking the first 3-4 tackles every time and CPU QB's with 75 THA and 60 AWR constantly play like they are Tom Brady? Easy choice to me.

Go take a read at just the slider discussion threads in some of the other premier OD's here, when you start messing with sliders the gameplay becomes completely FUBAR.

Regarding Heisman default, several of us (brave, perry, twist, myself, bond - i think) ran a test OD on default heisman prior to kicking off Good Ole Boys. Two weeks in and repeated instances of crappy CPU QB's going robo-mode led to all of us agreeing that Heisman isn't any better.

I've said this several times, and I stick to it, the issue with the CPU scores isn't due to the sliders. It's due to the talent differential and the shit-house playcalling logic for the CPU. Nearly every user team here is A+ across the board. How many CPU teams are even above a C? In the SEC, I think there might by 1 or 2 CPU teams that are even a B- overall. The CPU teams are awful. Quite frankly, rules like allowing every player trying to leave early to be swayed back and having users controlling every recruiting power in the nation is the issue here. If you are so concerned with the CPU games being boring, start mixing your shit up more on offense and defense. Try some things that you aren't sure will work, and then maybe you won't score 95% of the time when you have the ball and won't stop the CPU every time. Everyone does the same thing in their CPU games (and if you say you don't you are lying), we call predominantly man coverage, blitz a lot, and run the offensive plays that we know are effective. That's why everyone is creaming the CPU, because the CPU doesn't know how to do that.

I guarantee you, if you move to Heisman or heavily modified AA sliders, nobody is dropping a game to the CPU (except maybe Bond - sorry dude, I'm just trying to stick to the facts here) and I would be willing to wager that the score differential will be only slightly better than it is now. But what will change is that nobody will be able to use a spread option attack, and everyone will be throwing even more than most do now.

Ultimately, the group should do what the majority wants, but if we start monkeying with sliders in season 6 I'll just bow out. I have better things to do with my time than play games vs the CPU that will make me want to throw my controller through the wall, even when I'm up by 30 points.

16. Bondzai

Brutal

17. Dru50

You're my boy Bond. I said it so one of these other jack-wagons wouldn't do it (since you know that's how they all roll).

18. Bondzai

I'm not saying you aren't correct, I'm just saying.

19. Dru50

You know what - you've made me feel so bad about it now that I'm going to have my wife give me a spanking when I get home. Just remember, you are responsible for where that leads......

Damn you John Bond, damn you....

20. Bondzai

[​IMG]

21. BDSDIGITAL

where does this discussion ring a bell from....... [​IMG]

22. BDSDIGITAL

and you ain't alone Bond, I'd lose some games too...

I lose at least 1 cpu game a year in the ECB. Last year I lost two. But it was still fun.

23. Dru50

I really think that site wide the guys who are really into altering the sliders should band together into ODs next game. Sliders are the main issue that causes arguments in these ODs.

24. Dru50

Another piece of evidence that the sliders aren't the issue - in T3 (where we are also on default AA), there were 3 bowl game losses to CPU teams and the guys using WSU and UNC have lost several times to the CPU. In all those instances they were playing similarly rated or higher rated CPU teams. On even footing talent wise the CPU can provide good games on default. With the talent differential in here it ain't happening.

25. Juggernautblitz

I will say again that my now 7 year old son, who has been playing this game for a couple years now, plays on AA default and wins way more than he loses. He ended the year at 9-3 in the SEC and he had LSU. That included a defeat of Alabama and a couple other really good squads. At 6/7 he doesn't understand the intricacies of playcalling, he bombs it on streaks or hail mary's about half the time, plays very shaky D, but still dominates the comical AA level.
    In my opinion, it is 50% sliders and 50% other but since its impossible to police the other things, the sliders should be adjusted. I didn't think the sliders were that bad before we switched to these comedy default sliders. I lost a couple games with a B- Notre Dame team, Bond lost a few with a similarly rated Michigan team, and there were a lot more 35-21, 24-14 type games with even the top rated teams. I'd put up with the occasional robo QB (with these rosters we would still pull those games out 99% of the time) to make the games more interesting and the stats not as easy to come by.
    I repeat, I was about 400-0 in scoring versus the CPU in the last 7 or 8 games of last season and if I had wanted, Mike Ryan could have scored 5 or 6 TD's per game. Are more difficult sliders with the occasional computer AI BS more or less realistic than that?