Season 6 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Jmustang1968, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Miss St - 55
    Mich St - 31

Miss St got the year started off on the right foot. Coach made the controversial call to sit Griffin this year after the numerous ints thrown last season. Promising Freshman got the redshirt, and last years backup Jones gets the call.

Jones started the game off with some errant passes, but calmed down and had a great day going 19/34 for 273 4 tds and no ints. It does help when he has Manson and Montgomery to throw to. Manson had 9 receptions for 141 and a td. The AI could not cover him in this one. I could probably have a good chance at a reception every play if I just threw to him... Parker had a good start with 14 for 164 and 2 tds on the ground, and getting most of those on an exciting 81 yard td run.

Defense looked good, but gave up some big plays. New LB Coker is a beast flying all over the field and picked up 2 sacks. The D also produced a pick 6 and a fumble recovery.

2. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Baylor 28
    SMU 31

F'in gross....2 defensive TD's by SMU on 5 fumbles....blah

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

#7 Texas: 24
    Louisville: 19

Louisville was 5 yards away from pulling off the upset in this one. I didn't give up a lot of points but I did give up 363 yards. The big problem was Louisville was 3/4 on 4th down conversions so they kept their drives going. That RB of theirs was bouncing off people left and right an my pass defense was below average at best.

As far as offense goes, I'll be running the ball a lot. Jerry Bryant and Thurman Greenwood both had over 100 yards rushing while my passing game looked kind of weak. My backup QB is not good, he was in for 2 quarters while Willie Marshall sat out with a broken finger. He's not completely to blame though, the WRs were not helping him at all.

Hopefully this was just a game where we worked out the kinks because our next 5 games are as follows:
    #11 TCU
    at Duke
    #3 Ohio St
    Kansas St
    #8 Oklahoma

This is what I get for battling Lawdog for recruits. If I can get through those 5 games, and that's a HUGE if, then I should be able to sail the rest of the way until the conference title game.

4. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Weird, my player position changes stayed. I thought yall had to redo position changes after I left for work. Either way, it saving my changes helped me at the safety position.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    My team is way down this year...should be a Texas blowout.

6. Bondzai

I will never underestimate that Duke team.

7. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 1: Kentucky @ Ball State

Kentucky: 17
    Ball State: 12

Almost lost this one & I lose my starting CB for 12 weeks.

Next week, Kentucky host.......FCS East???? The scheduling gods must like me:thumbsup:

Story on the Wire.

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

They were most unkind to me. Lawdog must be trying to pull down his instate rival!

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 62
    Army 17

Just a thrashing with lots of short fields.

btw. qb acc is pitiful i have a 94 rated QB with 87 ACC and he was constantly over throwing his Receivers. All this at home against Army so it wasn't like he should be rattled either.. completed i believe 42%

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#12 Miz 30
    Stan 27

What a game. Stanford got the ball rolling in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and really put some pressure on us going up 20-16 to start the 4th. We were finally able to get some offense going in the 4th and score 14 unanswered points to put the game out of reach before Stanford tried to make a late rally.

Boy does this game play different w/o Gabbert :(

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Duke - 40​
    Rutgers - 21​
    Rutgers finally came alive in the second half, scoring 21 points but by that point their defense was worn down and the Duke lead was insurmountable. Duke scored 40, but struggled at times in the first half, with two interceptions by true freshman QB Cornelius (Korny) Blount, who finished the game 18-38 for 282 yards 1 TD / 2 INT. During one drive, Coach Mason pulled Blount in frustration and mobile QB Cameron McQueen came in and went 4-6 for 76 yards and a score. The Duke running game struggled at first, but Christian Ricks ended up breaking a 71 yard run (see wire) and ended up with 15 carries for 129 yards and 2 scores.​
    The Duke defense played great in the first half, giving up a goose egg, but eventually wore down under the Knight offense. They gave up 450 yards but held Rutgers to 2-15 on 3rd down, which was the focus of the defense. The Duke defense did pressure the Knight offense, with 5 sacks and an interception on the day.​
    --​
    Man, I am with Gators on the quarterback issue. I went from a 93+ QBA senior to a 82 QBA freshman and I struggled to complete passes. I had two interceptions where I made a good read but the combination of a marginal arm and marginal accuracy caused underthrows that where picked off.​

12. theSANDMAN215

I defeated Southern Miss. I'll post the recap Tuesday. I can't get on Dynasty Wire to pull the score up, but it wasn't close.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

#13 BC 33
    #3 OSU 21

Mitchell came out with a vengeance to show that he's a big time player. He wint off for 334 yrds and 2 scores including the kill shot to Chavez with 1:36 left in the game. Washington carved up the the buckeye defense to the tune of 140 yrds and 2 scores. Defense played really well at times and sometimes not so much. Gallagher seemed to just bounce off defenders like they were children at times and their crappy #1 wr lit up Wilson who seems to only play well on even years.

Sidenote: if were not going to up the user pass coverage can we atleast bring back the play the pass gp feature to see if that actually helps with some of the stupidity?

14. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Week 1
    Kansas State 48
    Purdue 10

Soph Jason McGee has a solid first game in the spread going 17 for 26 for 371 yards and 2 tds.. Alex Jackson ran for 58 yards on 14 carries and 2 tds..... Jackson will be the key to the offense... if he can carve out 60 or 70 yards per to give our offense some balance we can be pretty good.... Defensively, we lost our star MLB Ray Adams for 10 weeks with a strained back... FML....

15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole Miss - 35
    Wisconsin - 28

Wisconsin's defense is rated an A, and they played like it in the second half. They were hit sticking the shit out of my guys the whole second half and I couldn't do anything about it. I was up 35-14, and thought I could bring in the second team, an Wisconsin came out to win the damn game. Camp Randall was rocking and though I had two long runs, I lost Eric McNeal for 4 weeks, which is costly.

Ron Robinson had two sacks to kick off the season.

16. theSANDMAN215

#24 South Carolina - 35
    #14 Georgia - 31

Always a tough rivalry game against Georgia, and this one came down to the last drive. Believe it or not, it was my defense stopping Georgia on the 5 yard line with a sack on 4th down. What a slugfest. I could not stop their heisman quarterback, Greg Ricks (rs-SR), 22/35/382, 1 TDs. Also, their running back must have run over everyone on my defense, he had 9 broken tackles. It seemed like more, but we did hold him to less than 100. I think my defense also injured him for the season, I could be wrong though.

On offense, the balanced attack did just enough to win.

Passing ... Tyler Koch (rs-SR), 14/24/247, 2 TD, 1 INT

Rushing ... Jake Morris (rs-JR), 20-82, 2 TDs
    Nick Gilbert (rs-SR), 11-32, 1TD

Receiving ... Brian Louis (rs-SO), 7-116

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Miss St - 56
    Auburn - 33

Well this was an annoying game even though I came up with the W. We had started one game, and after some nice passing, a big run, an int, and fumble recovery for td, I was up 21-0. Then my internet failed on me and forced a restart. This next game wasnt as kind. I start off first 4 drives as int, punt, fumble, int and go behind 13-0. I didnt complete a pass or get positive rushing yardage until the 2nd quarter. Luckily, Auburn ineptitude on offense allowed me to get back into this one. I was able to hold them to 4 field goals. I also had 3 fumble recoveries and 2 returned for TD. This was a sloppy rainstorm game. The first score I got, the QB pitched an option over the HBs head and my fs Lake scooped it and ran it in. That gave my team some life. I was able to build up some points, recover, and then take the lead for good.

Jones was all over the place with errant passes going 18/38 301 yards, 4 tds and 5 ints. You would've thought Jr SS Smith was one of my receivers as he had 3 ints all on his own. Parker eventually turned around the running game as well getting 155 and 2 tds on 21 carries, but also fumbling twice. Manson had 7 Rec for 82 yards, 2 of them amazing 1 hand grabs on bad throws. Coker picked up 3 sacks, and Potts had a recovery for TD and a sack himself. A big sigh of relief as we prepare for our rematch against Mizzou.

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Man, how to do you turn the ball over 5 times and score 56?

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Wake Forest 30, Marshall 22

I couldn't stop their cheesy no huddle, but was able to control the possession of the ball and pound away at them. They scored late and went for two to make it close in the 4th.

Wake Forest 35, Baylor 7

It's games like this that make me ask myself why I even bother throwing the ball.

HB Dustin Peterson had a strong game on the ground to lead the Demon Deacons to a 'W' in Waco against the Baylor Bears. Peterson got the ball 21 times and bashed his way for 123 yards and 3 TDs while HB Tommy Myers added another in relief duty. QB Titus Young completed eight passes on 14 attempts for 175 yards, most of which came on a long pass play to WR Daniel Hartman for the game's only passing touchdown.

The Wake Forest defensive unit really hampered the Bears on offense. FS Dwayne Wade picked off an overthrown pass and the DL ran down the QB five times (Moore 2, Brown 2, Davis 1) to force several punts in the game.

GG Mutt. I think you are moving in the right direct with the pistol. Just need to bring in some of those Texas boys to get it off the ground! ;)

20. Bondzai

He has college eligibility left?

21. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#20 Pitt 7
    #12 Miz 27

Pitt had some chances, but they were never able to finish off their drives. QB Bill Hill had another solid game for the Tigers going 10/16 for 243 yds and adding 30 on the ground. JUCO JR HB Jason Peterson provided some nice rushing in his first action of the season grabbing 45 yds on 9 carries and a TD.

22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Mostly because I produced 2 fumble recovery Tds, and the 3rd recovery was on their 10... I actually had 7 turnovers. 5 ints, and 2 fumbles. I also totally shut down their running game, but Auburn passed on me 47 times. Parker also had 7.3 ypc, and in 2nd half, Jones finally got hot on a few drives and we were able to get it in.

Auburn's playcalling was atrocious. They drive all the way down field, no huddle, ripping me with quick slants and hitches. then get to my 20 or 30, and call a Wr end around that gets stuffed for -3, then a screen for 5 yards. Then on 3rd and long, what do they do again? Another Wr end around, loss of 4... This happened a few times to stall out drives, and why they kicked 4 field goals.

23. Bondzai

#11 TCU: 21
    #7 Texas: 28

Holy shit, what a game! I went down 14-0 early and it stayed that way until half. TCU's defense is rated A+ and I found out why. I couldn't get anything going on offense. I'd get a few yards on the ground here and there, but passing was ridiculous. Their DBs would be all over my WRs like stink on shit. I managed to tie it at 14 early in the 4th and then they scored again to make it 14-21. I drove down the field to tie it at 21 and then they have the ball with under a minute left. Their QB drops back to pass, my DT Juan Jackson nails the QB which causes him to fumble and DE Joe Cason picks up the ball and takes it to the house with :10 to seal the game.

If TCU didn't turn the ball over 4 times (3 fumbles, 1 INT) then they would have beat my ass.

24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

#8 BC 31
    FSU 10

Mitchell had another great game even with 2 turnovers. He made some really great plays showing his toughness by hanging on untill the last minute to hit Freeman on both his td passes. He also hit Harris on a hb screen that covered 66 yrds for his 3rd td. Washington ran all over the fsu denfense fir 153 yrds and a score.

Defense only gave up 3 points(should have probably been 9 as their kicker went 1/3). Gave up quite a bit of yards, but clamped down when they got inside the 30. Wilson made some really nice plays on the ball breaking up some nice thrown passes.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    #23 Duke - 52
    Virginia Tech - 35

What was a barn burner turned into the route in the hands of special teams star Vince Huffman. After a half tied at 21, Huffman returns the opening kickoff, then late in the fourth after Duke scores to go up one touchdown, returns a fumble on the ensuing kickoff to put them up by 14. Then the Duke defense closes out the game by forcing a fumble inside the Hokie 10 (I actually took knees and kicked the field goal) with two minutes left in the game.

Freshman quarterback Cornelius Blount was picked off twice but was flawless outside of those two passes as he throws for 350 and 3 scores. The Hokie defense shut the Duke running game down outside of a 80 yard Buster Smith run (see highlights) where he took the week side dive to the house.