season 6 scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bringbackjimmy, Oct 25, 2011.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Texas 13
    Cal 10

Defense played great and should have resulted in a victory. The Offense on the other hand could only muster 3 points as the bears have absolutely no play makers on offense. the game was sealed after Sr QB gets a cheap shot by the horns(did get the roughing penalty) and was not knocked out for the rest of the game. the ball inside the 50 after gain+15 back up qb comes in gets hit and fumbles the ball. it was a fun defensive battle. our TD came off a kick off return after the long horns scored to go up 10.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]
    Junior Scott Edwards rushes for 142 yards with 3 TD's in the 49-7 victory over Iowa State for the Cy-Hawk Trophy.

Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 10.40.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-25 at 10.40.18 AM.png

I have to say my interest has really taken an upward spike as I really like my team. It's good to know that the CPU actually did a valid job recruiting an "Iowa" type team. I have 3 legit running backs that would be getting 39 carries a game in any other system but I am able to run a true 3 back scheme. Edwards is my starting 1st and 2nd down rusher while Collins is a big strong heavy hitter that I can sub in for short yardage. Reddick is a true freshmen that impresses me and has filled the role as a spell back.

QB David Stovall is a very good accuracy and is a great pocket passer in the Iowa system. WR Barry Hopkins had some really impressive catches while Billy Fox is a pure speed WR. I am pretty optimistic about my chances with this Iowa team considering they already fit the mold for my playstyle.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sounds like the team is built how I would build a team. 1 possession guy, 1 speed guy, pocket passer and two complimentary RBs - pretty much ideal. Glad we could get you at Iowa - welcome to the Big Ten, property of the Buckeyes (y)

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    #1 Florida State - 49
    Northwestern - 0

First, I'd like to give a big "FUCK YOU VERY MUCH" to my friend Emmdotfrisk. C'mon schedule man, throw the worst team in the B1G a cupcake to start off with. New coach + new offense + A+ team = bend over and get fucked sideways.

Now for my game recap:
    1. Northwestern had 6 turnovers in the first half.
    2. Northwestern had 8 more turnovers on the game than they did points, mostly because the FSU secondary consists of Captain America, Flash Gordon, Dion Sanders and Jesus.

Going forward, I think the team has to get better, otherwise I will hang myself by mid season. I have two top 10 teams, a couple "decent" teams, 3 user games, then a crushing A+ fest in the second half of my B1G schedule. If I have any more games like this I am going to change my offense, because my quarterback just threw the ball to the other team like he was trying to cover the spread.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Lol, sorry Shaun. Everyone got tough schedules

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 1 Colorado @ CSU

Colorado: 21
    CSU: 35

It loooked like they were gonna beat me by 28 points going into the 2nd quarter, but we rallied to come back within 7 points. Alot here to build on. Need to trust my OLINE little better & stay in the pocket. My TE is pretty good. My QB not so much throwing 4 ints.

The defense needs a whole alot of work, but they stepped up in the 3rd to force some punts.

Also I like to say thank you to Emmdotfrisk.....3 user games back....2 back.....2 back......

[​IMG] what did I do to deserve this!!!!!! j/k :)........not really.

7. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Indiana 14
    Ball State 21

unfortunately, i was on the wrong end of this one.... Ball State looked good though... B- overall... B- offense and defense they run the spread now and those fast Wrs i recruited can finally catch.... on the Hoosiers side... just gotta get used to my players... might take a few games.....

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Whipped up on Maryland last night. They are way overrated with their #13 ranking. I'll post a more detailed rating later. My running back played like Marshall Faulk, he had about 99 rushing yards and 60 receiving yards, very impressed. The downside, we had a TON of dropped passes. I'll be switching some wide receivers on the depth chart this afternoon.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm Northwestern, I wouldn't schedule Florida State game one.

10. Emmdotfrisk

A lot of these matchups were already in place. I only messed with kellers schedule and a few games here and there to give everyone a A schedule difficulty

11. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Illinois - 27
    WVU - 23

Switching back to a traditional offense was definitely a shock. I have a stud FB that I tried to get involved in the offense at times, and he really helped in the running game. I have three good WRs and I need to start using them better. Its going to take some time, but I think this team has some potential.

12. Emmdotfrisk

I can't change conference schedules lol

13. Emmdotfrisk

[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2011-10-26 at 9.00.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-26 at 9.00.19 AM.png

We lost Scott Edwards to a torn abdomen and had to rely on Michael Collins to fill the void. He performed well between the tackles, rushing for 108 yards with 5 TD's. QB Drew Stovall had a great day passing, completing 17 of 24 passes with the highlight WR Joe Whitfield who caught 8 passes for 112 yards. The Iowa defense was stellar as they forced Florida QB Kevin Thompson to throw 3 interceptions.

14. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Defeated my rival BYU, 34-7. Total team effort. Turner had a little over 100 yards on the ground, and my QB had an accurate game through the air. Their front 7 was tough and held Turner in check most game. He had one long run for a TD in either the 3rd or 4th quarter to put the game away.

BYU killed me on the ground and barely went through the air. I was surprised to see them not try to pass more, but I'll take it.

Next: USC

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Arizona St - 42
    Indiana - 24

1st half
    Arizona St kicked off in this one. I love my 99 pwr Punter, as he forces touchbacks on almost every kickoff. JR drives down the field picking up several firsts. He stalls out in the red zone and I force the field goal to make it 3-0. After the kick, I drive down and convert on a few 3rds. Indiana bottles up my early attempts to run with Hopkins. I finally catch WR Allen in the back of the end zone for a tip toe catch over his CB for a 27 yard TD 7-3. Indiana wasted little time in driving down the field. QB Swain scores on a 10 yard scramble after being flushed from the pocket 10-7. I give it back on an int here I believe and HB Timmons rips one right up the middle for a 35 yard TD making it 17-7. I start to get a bit worried here. However, I get the ball back and my first play of the drive, Hopkins takes it up the middle untouched for 71 yards on his first run of the day beyond 4 yards 17-14. We make the stop again with a minute or so left in the half after a key 4th and inches stop. Brunner orchestrates a good 2 min offense spreading the ball around, and we hit Allen again along the sideline for a 31 yard TD pass. JR gets the ball back with 20 seconds left. After an incompletion and a sack, he heaves the ball down the middle of the field, and my DBs stop running with WR Douglas. he catches it and gets tackled into the end zone with 00 left on the clock. I was livid. 24-21 Indiana half.

2nd half
    This was a tale of 2 halves as this one belong to Az St. We get the ball at half and drive it down, continuing the drive on a few clutch 3rd down conversions. On the last 3rd, impact WR Taylor catches the ball short over the middle and breaks a tackle, he then picks up 2 key blocks as he walks it in for a 32 yard td 28-24. We get a stop and force the punt which is a touchback. Hopkins takes a counter run towards the user safety side and makes a cut up field forcing the missed tackle and sprints in for 80 yards 35-24. My D really started to step it up here I think once the momentum was on my side. They were applying more pressure on the line and staying with their receivers in coverage. CB McCormick ends Indianas next drive with an int on a deep corner to give us a short field. After several grinding runs, Hopkins pushes it in for the 3rd time from 2 yards out for the final 42-24 score. We make one more stop and then grind out the last 3-4 minutes on the ground.

GG JrRawlins , I couldnt believe that bomb before half, I really thought that would cost me the game. Somehow my D played a lot better in the 2nd half, and then I finally got my running game going, which you stopped in the first half except for that 1 long run.

Stats
    Passing
    Brunner - 9/15 202 yards, 3 td, 1 int

Swain - 15/25 286 ards, 1 td, 1 int

Rushing
    Hopkins - 19 att, 230 yards, 3 td

Timmons - 16 att, 77 yards, 1 td

Receiving
    Taylor - 3 rec, 56 yards, 1 td
    Allen - 3 rec, 78 yards, 2 td

Johnson - 4 rec, 61 yards
    Mason - 4 rec, 45 yards
    Douglas 1 rec 79 yards, 1 td

Defense
    DT Powell - 3 tck 2 sacks
    DE Johnson - 4 tck 2 sacks
    DT Singleton - 3 tck 1 sack
    CB McCormick - 1 int

DE Franklin - 2 tck 1 sack
    DE Jackson - 3 tck 1 sack
    FS Mullins - 6 tck 1 int

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

My last 5 user games:

UAB 21 Southern Miss 19
    Oregon State 21 Stanford 19
    Colorado 20 Stanford 19
    Stanford 24 UCLA 21
    Illinois 17 Stanford 14

And Keller thinks he has stressful games... I've had my last 5 separated by a combined 11 points... Lol. They're fun, but good Lord it hurts when you lose them.

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Cal 20
    VT 17

Man this was another great game by the bears defense. Wilson would take over late in the 2nd qtr for a struggling horne and would hit King in the 3rd to tie the game. Both teams would miss go ahead fg in the 4th. After Cal went 3 and out it looked like this game was heading to OT when VT would get the ball around the 30 with 25 seconds. The hokies would run a draw that would gain about 15-20 yrds and have the bears coach screaming and praying for a tackle. the prayer was answered when the hokies HB would get hit and proceed to fumble the game away. a run or 2 later cal kicked the gw 50 yrd fg.

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Northwestern - 27
    #15 Virginia Tech - 20

After last weeks dismal showing against #1 Florida State, Coach Shaun Mason gave his kids an earful and declared open competition for every position on the team. Whatever he said must have worked, as the team came to play this week. Though the score was close, the defense only gave up 250 yards and 13 points. The offense was prolific but not particularly efficient in the win. QB Ford threw for 370 yards and threw for one touchdown and an interception. He also added two touchdown runs to his stat line, accounting for 21 of the 27 points scored by the Wildcats.

19. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

good game Mustang.... we can only front run... my receivers are terrible, right now....

20. OMlawdog

Illinois - 17
    Stanford - 14

This was a really fun game between two equal teams. Difference in the game was turnovers, we each threw one pick, and each of us fumbled once. Probably the biggest play of the game was a 3rd and 23 conversion from Stanford's 45 yard line. We were down 14-7 and it was the 3rd quarter, and we were able to punch it in a few plays later. Defensese traded punts and then we finally strung together a drive that went down to the 15 yard line when we kicked a FG for the lead. Stanford then got the ball with about 1:30 with no timeouts, and we got a sack, forced a fumble, recovered it and that was the ball game.

Big win for Illinois.

21. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Man that 3rd and 23 conversion hurt. I saw the streak and knew it was going there, but I couldn't get myself in position to make the play. It was definitely a fun game. I couldn't get any sort of a passing game going... My WR almost made 2 sick catches in the end zone against 1 on 1 coverage, but dropped both after being hit. He's 6'5 so I figured I would take a couple of shots down field with him.

22. OMlawdog

Yeah, really fun game my RB really fits a power running game, but he is a step slow for sure. He doesn't really fit the Shotgun formation and now he is hurt for 4 weeks, so i'll just have to see how it goes without him.

23. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm scared to see what Notre Dame does to me after losing to EMU.

24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Cal 17
    Boise 14

Just another great defensive game by Cal's No Name Defense. Wilson once again came in for a ineffective Starter horne and showed that he can get the job done. His best play might have been when he took a sack mid way through the 4th and settling for a FG instead of forcing a pass that might of been picked. The biggest play of the game and turned out to be the difference was J.Coleman's Blocked FG in the 1st qtr(video in other thread). Thompson also added his 1st 100 yrd game of his career.

25. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

ISU: 31
    Colorado: 24

Seen improvement this game. Got some pressure on the QB. Secondary needs work. My QB again throws 4 picks. Gonna look at the backup in practice this week to see if he is any better. The WRs need to run better routes. OLINE sucks. I got sacked 8-10 times. Gonna start leaving the TE & HB into block on some plays.