Season 6 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Mar 7, 2012.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Post them up

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

49 [​IMG] [​IMG]35

Utah goes on the road and upsets the #21 Volunteers in Knoxville, 49-35. Career day for Junior QB Andre Thomas as he threw for 5 TD's. Not much defense played in this one but the Utes were able to win the turnover battle 3-1, which proved to be huge down the stretch. This was a 28-28 game going into the 4th quarter. Tennessee would strike first in the 4th, as QB Smith hit WR Williams for a 41 yard TD. Utah would strike back, as Thomas threw TD pass #4, hitting TE King on a 7 yard TD pass. A quick 3 and out for the Vols, and the Utes were back it. Thomas connected on TD pass #5, hitting WR McNair on a 22 yard TD pass. The nail in the coffin came when Tennessee's QB threw his 3rd interception of the game with just over 2 minutes to play. The Utes would tack on a 5 yard TD run by HB Brown for the final score of the game. Next week, Utah squares off against another SEC foe in South Carolina.

Player Stats
    Utah QB Andre Thomas 20/33 298 Yards, 5 TD's, 1 INT
    UT QB Mike Williams 16/24 291 Yards, 4 TD's, 3 INT's

Utah HB Eric Smith 19 Carries, 116 Yards
    Utah HB Michael Brown 9 Carries, 93 Yards, 1 TD
    UT HB Tony Madison 11 Carries, 27 Yards

Utah TE Dan King 8 Catches, 143 Yards, 2 TD's
    Utah WR Anthony Swan 5 Catches, 66 Yards, 1 TD
    UT WR Eric Harris 6 Catches, 67 Yards, 1 TD
    UT WR Billy Smith 3 Catches, 82 Yards, 2 TD's
    UT WR A.J. James 3 Catches, 100 Yards, 1 TD

Utah DE Jayson Fellow 3 Tackles, 2 Solo, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
    UT MLB Shawn Wilson 8 Tackles, 6 Solo, 2 TFL, 1 Sack

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  3. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

South Carolina Outlasts Oklahoma; 27-24

In an early matchup of top 25 opponents, #14 South Carolina kicked a game winning FG as time expired to beat #19 Oklahoma. It was a back and forth affair all afternoon, as Carolina twice held 10 point leads, only to see the Sooners storm back in the 2nd half to tie it at 24 with 3:40 left on the clock. But the Cocks took that 3:40 down to 0:02 with a ground chewing, clock eating drive to set up what was little more than a PAT to win the game as the clock stuck zero.

Two juniors made their first career starts for Carolina, and performed beautifully. QB Cory Bain went 12 for 21, 183 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT while Brian Chase earned player of the game with his 22 carry, 176 yard performance. Sophomore Brady Anderson showed some potential with his 8 carries going for 36 yards and a score.

The Gamecocks head to Utah next week to meet their 2nd straight ranked opponent to open the 2016 season.

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Oregon Shocks Irish in Coach Cheez's Debut

Oregon 30
    #5 Notre Dame 3

With a new coach, comes a new philosophy and a new attitude. The new philosophy for the Ducks is that they are going to run the ball down their opponents' throats with their newly found run-first mentality. The attitude is that these Ducks do not care who their opponent is or where the game is played - they are going to fight to the bitter end. Case and point, a trip to South Bend to take on #5 Notre Dame. The Ducks would have three possessions in the first half, and score on each of them. On defense, Oregon had one lapse on a 71 yard pass play to Cannon, but was still able to make a goal line stand and force ND to take three points. Throughout the second half, the Ducks were focused on controlling the clock and keeping the Irish defense on the field. Oregon rushed 37 times in the game, to keep both the clock and the chains moving. The defense did their part, holding the Irish to 52 yards outside of the one big play in the latter part of the first quarter. Furthermore, the Ducks defense was great on third down, holding the Irish on 7 of their 8 attempts.

This win was great, but it will be interesting to see how the Ducks and Coach Cheez both respond to their first win. Next week, a very game Arkansas squad will face the Ducks in the home season opener at the Zoo.

Oregon Player Stats
    Passing: Bolen - 9-10, 156 yards, TD
    Rushing: Sherman - 26 carries, 125 yards, 2 TD
    Receiving: Russ - 2 receptions, 66 yards, TD
    Kicking: Childs - 3/3 PAT, 3/3 FG (20, 45, 36)

Notre Dame Player Stats
    Passing: Carter - 6-12, 92 yards
    Rushing: Butler - 13 carries, 51 yards
    Receiving: Cannon - 1 reception, 71 yards
    Kicking: Sands - 1/1 FG (22)

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

WTF... gowazzucougs did you lower the difficulty level to varsity or something :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

No, he got lucky or my settings are too forgiving for Cheez.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheez

completed my first 8. my only incompletion was thrown into double coverage as i was rushed.

8. gowazzucougs

can you tell the difference with my settings in terms of passing and what we have played on in AM with the default and the new settings.

9. Cheez

I dont pass enough to notice a difference. Noticed a huge difference in the holes i got with the rushing game though.

10. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

[​IMG] 21
    [​IMG] 68

Columbus --
    The Buckeyes were lucky enough to start the season with a scrimmage type game. BYU was no match though I'm not very pleased with how the defense played. The offense however is ready to go. Gone is Braxton Miller and so are the excuses about coming up short. This team's only goal for the season is a National Championship.

In a new offensive direction, QB Phillip Bailey was handed the reins to the program. Bailey was sensational in his first start, going 19/28 for 453 yards and 6 TDs in the first half. I'll be looking to make the Buckeyes more explosive this year and for that matter I'm glad WR Patrick Washington returned for his senior season.

Should be another fun LOS season, time to run the PAC-12 ;)

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

:doodie:

12. Cheez

recchem2000
    gowazzucougs

dont invite him to the pm. I want a crack at him before he learns how to beat me :)

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

28 [​IMG] [​IMG] 38

[​IMG]

Cocks Feel The Wrath In Mormon Country!

The Utes take down the Cocks in Salt Lake, 38-28. Utah shut down USC's running attack, allowing only 4 yards total. Turnovers o'plenty once again, as South Carolina turned it over 4 times, and Utah gave it up 3 times. Utah built up a nice 28-14 halftime lead then stretched the lead to 35-14 early in the 4th. USC tried to make a comeback, cutting the Utah lead to 10 with 3 minutes to play in the 4th, but couldnt convert when they needed too.

Good game Selvy9 I thought your HB was gonna be a beast breaking all those tackles early on but I managed to shut him down, not really sure how the hell I did it. Good luck in the SEC...beat Hokie!

Player Stats
    USC QB Cory Bain 14/28 230 Yards, 3 TD, 3 INT's
    Utah QB Andre Thomas 11/23 273 Yards, 1 TD, 2 INT's

USC HB Brian Chase 13 Carries, 28 Yards
    Utah HB Eric Smith 15 Carries, 67 Yards, 2 TD's
    Utah HB Michael Brown 8 Carries, 28 Yards, 1 TD

USC TE Scott Harper 3 Catches, 54 Yards, 2 TD's
    USC WR Reggie Hutchinson 3 Catches, 44 Yards, 1 TD
    Utah WR Nathan Downing 3 Catches, 112 Yards
    Utah WR Anthony Swan 2 Catches, 67 Yards

USC MLB Mark Walters 8 Tackles, 6 Solo, 2 TFL
    Utah MLB Keith Fletcher 4 Tackles, 3 Solo, 1 TFL, 1 INT
    Utah MLB Jeremy Christensen 5 Tackles, 2 Solo, 1 TFL, 1 FUMBREC, 1 TD

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  14. gowazzucougs

15. Darkwing

I was thinking maybe give you a little life in the game so I don't cause you to quit altogether, look forward to beating you again next season (y)

16. gowazzucougs

Cheez recchem2000 feel free to give darkwing crap for falling for QB Screen Pass

17. gowazzucougs

I don't think you were thinking that exactly

18. Darkwing

[​IMG] 21
    [​IMG] 14

Palo Alto --

The Buckeyes came in confident and sure about a victory over Stanford. All that changed after the first quarter. Exit top shelf QB Phillip Bailey. Enter true freshman, and last year's #1 QB recruit, Isaiah Wolfe.

In the first quarter Bailey was solid once again, going 4/5 for 73 yards and a TD. He was then knocked out of the game by the bounty collecting Cardinal. Wolfe was force into action and got the team to halftime. While managing the game, the defense stepped up with a 3rd down, 71 yard, pick 6 off Stanford QB Matthews under 2 minutes left in the half by Latimer (last year's #1 CB recruit). The Buckeyes upped the led to 21-0 immediately in opening the second half on a 22 yard Chris Henderson run. I then got fooled by the exact play that was my signature big play last release, QB screen pass, and it set up the Cardinal with a first and goal. WR Fry would score the 5 yard TD run. Stanford would add a 34 yard TD with 5 minutes remaining but that was all they could muster as OSU ran out the clock and stopped the comeback short.

GG once again gowazzucougs . I'll admit I was very pissed at that long screen play for the reason I stated above. It was refreshing to see it used tho. (y) And thanks for throwing 4 interceptions! My freshman (Wolfe and Latimer) played big.

Buckeyes
    QB Wolfe -- 6/10 for 100 yards
    HB Henderson -- 9 car for 42 yards. TD
    LOLB Pugh -- 7 tackles. 2 sacks

Cardinal
    QB Matthews -- 12/22 for 144 yards. 4 INTs
    HB Howell -- 10 car for 48 yards. TD
    CB Downing -- 4 tackles. sack. FF

19. gowazzucougs

[quote="Darkwing, post: 910322, member: 1597

GG once again gowazzucougs . I'll admit I was very pissed at that long screen play for the reason I stated above. It was refreshing to see it used tho. (y) And thanks for throwing 4 interceptions! My freshman (Wolfe and Latimer) played big.

Buckeyes
    QB Wolfe -- 6/10 for 100 yards
    HB Henderson -- 9 car for 42 yards. TD
    LOLB Pugh -- 7 tackles. 2 sacks

Cardinal
    QB Matthews -- 12/22 for 144 yards. 4 INTs
    HB Howell -- 10 car for 48 yards. TD
    CB Downing -- 4 tackles. sack. FF[/quote]

Those picks were the death of me. I told rec afterwards, I blew that game.

20. Darkwing

Thanks for the blow ;)
    But I don't feel bad as you knocked out by QB. After 2 games I'm pretty upset about my rushing game this season. Henderson is still a solid back but the ground game has been weak. By the way, does this up me to 4-1 against you? :D

21. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Cocks Shutout Dawgs in Columbia

Brian Chase runs for 193 yards and 2 scores as South Carolina dominated Georgia, 21-0. The defense pitched in with two safeties, one a sack and one a blocked punt. UGA ended with just 79 total yards of offense and never sniffed the red zone, while So Car doubled up on time of possession, 18:11 to 9:49.

22. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Michigan State Chops Down Cardinal

After a scoreless first quarter that saw both teams feel each other out, the Spartans found their grove in the second, behind a couple of Jeremy Brown touchdowns. It was apparent from the onset of the game, that Coach Akai was determined to give Brown his fair share of touches, something he failed to do in their opening game loss to Auburn. Brown’s TDs showcased his playmaking ability as he scored both a rushing and a receiving touchdown.

However, after taking a 17-0 lead midway through the third quarter, it was the over-emphasis on looking for Brown that got Stanford back in the game. Stanford SS Joe Williams intercepted a pass intended for Brown and returned it 34 yards for the touchdown, giving the Cardinal life. The Spartans would respond to take a 20-7 lead, but Stanford closed within six with under two minutes left and all three timeouts.

Instead of kicking it deep and hoping for the defense to make a stop, the Stanford Coach went for the onside kick. Michigan State recovered the kick, and though they would be forced to go three-and-out, were already in field goal range and easily kicked a 53 yard field goal to extend the lead to nine, at 23-14.

Both teams saw solid drives stopped on turnovers in opponent territory. None more devastating than an interception by Stanford QB Vince Matthews at the end of the first half that prevented the Cardinal from getting on the scoreboard.

gowazzucougs, good game once again! I think we both made some mistakes that really came back to haunt us. After you scored to make it 20-14, I started thinking to myself that I was about to blow the game. I sure was glad that you went for the onside kick :p I was also expecting you to bust out your trick play at some point in time, but it never came.

Notable Stats
    Michigan State Stanford
    QB Steven Turner – 10/18, 115 yards, TD, 3 INT QB Vince Matthews – 11/16, 147 yards, 2 INT (rush TD)
    HB Jeremy Brown – 15 car, 95 yards, TD, long 28 HB Harry Howell – 10 car, 64 yards, long 25
    HB Jeremy Brown - 4 rec, 56 yards, TD WR Joe Fry – 4 rec, 94 yards
    DE Jonathan Rogers – 5 tack, 3 sack SS Joe Williams – 4 tack, INT, TD
    CB Paul Kennedy – 4 tack, INT, FF FS Jeremy Barnes – 4 tack, INT
    DE Wade Clark – 3 tack, 2 sack, FF FS Matt Ryan – 3 tack, INT
    K Mike Mitchell – 3/3 FG, long 53

23. gowazzucougs

Boom29

Yeah I generally choose to kick the ball deep when I have three time outs left, but I didn't believe I would have enough time to score if I didn't get the onside kick. What really killed me was my QB fumbling the ball twice, that just killed me.

24. Darkwing

[​IMG] 7
    [​IMG] 24

Columbus --

[​IMG]
    ^What Cheez saw
    [​IMG]
    ^What I saw

It was an interesting game. Frequently spotty lag slowed us down. Oregon took the opening kickoff and slowly drove it downfield. Ohio State, confused by why they were wearing road jerseys, looked terrible on defense the first possession. Oregon capped off that drive by a 36 yard TD run by Sherman. Two minutes into the game and the #2 ranked Buckeyes were trailing a school from the weak PAC-12.

The rest of the contest belonged to the Buckeyes however. It was a grueling slugfest all the way through the 3rd quarter (10-7 Buckeyes). tOSU took the led for the first time midway through the 3rd on a FB Davis 1 yard dive. The fourth quarter would bring game changing plays. First Oregon K Childs would miss his only FG attempt of the game by shanking it off the left upright from 30-some yards out. The Buckeyes would respond with a 71 yard back-breaker by FB Davis. 17-7. A late TD was added to make any comeback attempt an impossible one.

GG Cheez . Your running game was good, but you can't just run it all game on me like I did against Boom29 last season (y) Maybe we'll play a lag-free game here and I'll feel better about the win.

Stats
    QB Bailey -- 12/19 180. INT
    QB Bolen -- 5/16 38. 2 INT
    FB Davis -- 3 car 76. 2 TD
    HB Sherman -- 16 car 149. TD
    WR Washington -- 3 catch 102.
    TE Baldwin -- 2 catch 30.

25. Cheez

gg Darkwing

gowazzucougs / recchem2000 -what do you think about me running it all game?