Season 6 Team Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    Just something fun most of my other leagues do....

Michigan State Spartans

Offensive outlook:

QB - There is going be a QB battle in East Lansing between Juniors Travis Allen and Anthony May. May lead the Spartans to a Big Ten Championship after Allen went down with injury and was flawless in the game vs USC. Allen has the better arm though and is currently sitting at starter. Did I mention MSU has EIGHT quarterbacks on the team?

HB - Sophomore James Williams is the star HB at MSU following a solid Freshmen season, he is a good looking power back but has the ability to make the defender miss and take it to the house. His backup is speedy Junior Michael Allen, MSU could have a two headed monster this season.

FB - Two surprisingly good FB's for MSU will be the big men paving the way for the HB.

WR - Another solid core of WR, Michigan State will miss Keith Mumphrey and Jeremy Langford but Matt Brown and Curtis Evans along with Steve Walton are in for a good looking season as they each have some speed and can catch the difficult passes.

TE - Shaun Daniels, hard to believe he is a Senior already, seems like I just recruited him. He is basically Charlie Gantt 2.0, great ability to catch the ball and can fool defenders with some bursts of speed and agility.

O Line - Looks very solid with 99 overall LG Jeff Hampton leading the way, they should all form a solid pocket for the QB and open lanes for Williams.

D Line - A bit weaker than last year but still nothing to mess with, look for LE Jason Smith and RE Gerald Yates to make an impact. And :4stars: recruit Chase Jacobs will be leading the DT into battle.

Linebackers - The loss of Wilson is fresh in our minds but Washington returning at MLB is a godsend. We have a decent SO at LOLB, he will be good in a couple of years and ANOTHER freshmen lines up in the starting spot at ROLB to lead the way.

Secondary - Looks very solid, look for alot of plays by them this season. And yet another freshmen will be starting at CB, Kenny Carrington.

Kickers/Punters - Decent enough to get the job done.

Special Teams - HB Marcus Allen will be taking over Mumphreys position as star returner, it will take ALOT...and I mean ALOT to fill those shoes.

Season Outlook: We are in it to win back to back Big Ten titles and even hope to make the big game this season, it won't be an easy road but this team has what it takes. Worst case Senario, lose the Big Ten but finish 10-2 with a New Years Bowl...GO GREEN! GO WHITE! GO STAAATE!!
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Apr 14, 2010
    I was just thinking about posting something like this, thanks for doing it. I will post up my season preview for Rutgers after work.
  3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Dec 30, 2010
    Featured Threads:
    Washington Huskies

Offensive Outlook:

The Huskies look to rebuild coming off of a national Title. A team that graduated 22 of 20 starters has alot of holes to fill. But this years team is not without leadership. This Husky team is about to face large amounts of turnover as they will once again watch a large amount of seniors graduate. This years team does not have the talent of last years team, but is just as eager to prove their worth.

The Wide reciever position is one of the few strong points that the Huskies have. Led by Senior Dennis Johnson, this is an experienced group that has lots of talent and will look to carry the team. After a team that was very run heavy in the past, look for explosive plays from this group as they look to make some big plays in the passing game.

Defensive outlook:

A defense that led the country with a +23 turnover margin looks to have that same domination. But a defense that lost large amounts of talent has many places to improve. There is no place on this defense that screams talent, but it is a solid group with collegiate experience and has spent time together. They hope to repeat the previous sucess.

But at the end of the day there are large amounts of uncertainty with this team. This is a team with new faces at every position. They look to keep up with the performance of last years team, but to say this years team has an easy road to the national title, because of the talent leftover that couldnt be more false.
  4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Dec 30, 2010
    UCLA Bruins

Offensive outlook:

After coming off of a 10-3 season UCLA is looking to come back stronger than ever. UCLA's offense lead by a strong armed Kurt Hamilton has come back for his senior season to try and lead UCLA to a national title. They gained a whole lot of recruits and convinced a big member, Lee Johnson to stay for his senior year. This is a talented running back who will get it done when needed. He lacks acceleration but his speed and power makes up for it and he is not afraid to show it! The wide receiving core are no mediocre players. Sure they may not be known now since UCLA has started to try a running game but they still will be known after their star receiver Tight end Brad Oliver graduated there's not much to hope for now on the receiving end on this offense but we will see what happens from here on out.

Defensive outlook:

Well after going 1-0 after beating UNC the defense for this Bruin squad is no joke. Coming out with 3 INT's and 4 sacks the first game of the season. UCLA has a couple of stud Linebackers along with a stellar defensive line. And great ball hawking safeties, you will have to play your cards right if you want to throw the ball to the receivers with these safeties giving you a hard time. They will stop practically anything, runs, passes anything. This team is hyped saying they will take anyone on and hope they will make it to the big BCS National Championship game this 2015 season.
  5. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Jul 31, 2010
    Offensive outlook: With the lack of skilled receivers, USF should feel happy they are in the option. With fast QB Brian Barnes and shifty HB Patrick Morris running behind a strong offensive line, USF should be tough to stop.

Defensive outlook: VERY young and VERY weak defense. There are FIVE freshman starters, the most notable of which being Jacob Underwood, the extremely quick LB from Tallahassee. This unit will make its mistakes. It needs to grow together throughout the next couple of years. The raw talent is there, the speed is there. The technique just isn't. The only bright spot on this defense is the safeties, known for their hard hits. They have already been able to jar the ball loose in very clutch situations.
  6. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Jan 8, 2011
    Syracuse: WTF?!

There is no telling how this team will perform this year. The offensive line is complete garbage and that is being optimistic about the situation. My WRs have already dropped multiple long range passes for untouched touch downs. The defense can't catch an interception to save it's own life. I mean LBs and secondary guys dropping passes thrown directly at them with no WRs around. The lame duck passes that happen when a QB gets hit and tries to get rid of it are usually 90% chances for turnovers but my fatass retarded ass D-lineman just play goddamn hot potato with them until it drops to the ground.

If I make it through this season without pulling out all of my damn hair I will be proud of myself. The offense I wanted to run has to be thrown out of the window b/c my damn O-line and WRs can't do their jobs. So as of now I have no idea what offense to run and it really doesn't matter b/c my defense can't slow down anyone anyway. It is impossible for me to get pressure on anyone and I'm preparing for the long haul.

All I can do is try to recruit. But that is pretty damn hard to do when I only have 10 hours every week and every damn position on my team is garbage except the 1st string RB. I might just have to completely scrap my recruiting board for the year and start over with all offensive and defensive lineman. It is earlier enough in the year I might be able to get away with that.