Season 6 Week 1 (Year of the Recruit)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 13, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

It's finally here, week 1 of season 6. We are now playing with all recruits, all the default roster guys are gone. Good luck this week, if I didn't give you a week 1 game, it's because I wanted to squeeze in a user game later in the season for you.

Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    sawemoff
    UofCWildcat
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    Steamer43
    Masler
    Gho5t9
    BPHusker

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 North Carolina Tar Heels (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #18 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0).

=============== #17 Virginia Cavaliers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Baton Rouge to face the #2 LSU Tigers (0-0).

=============== #6 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.

=============== #21 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Seattle to face the Washington Huskies (0-0).

=============== #7 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Virginia Tech (0-0).

=============== #3 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers travel to Knoxville to face the #23 Tennessee Volunteers (0-0).

=============== #9 Clemson Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers travel to South Bend to face the #4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0).

=============== NC State Wolfpack (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolfpack travel to Salt Lake City to face the Utah Utes (0-0).

=============== #22 Michigan State Spartans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Spartans travel to Huntington to face the Marshall Thundering Herd (0-0).

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Boilermakers are idle.

=============== Miami Hurricanes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Nashville to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (0-0).

=============== Boston College Eagles (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Eagles will host Memphis (0-0).

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Tigers Upset Notre Dame:

JR(RS) RB Brandon Charles led the Tigers to a great victory in Notre Dame's own backyard. Ranked #4 in the nation the Irish could not stop the rushing or passing attack from Clemson. Brandon Charles and FR Jeremy Mason both rushed over 100 yards, combined for 4 TDs, and averaged or 5 yards a carry. This duo wrecked the Fighting Irish, but the new FR QB Mike Curry also got involved. Even though he was shaken up and nervous the entire game Curry still threw for 254 TDs, 3 TDs, and 2 INTs. On one of his passes he hooked up with FR TE Stevie Williams from 10 yards out. The offense started off great but definitely slowed down in the 3rd quarter due to the turnover bug.

This young defense also made its mark by only allowing 192 yards in the air. Last year the Tigers ranked #113 in passing defense and vowed to get in the film room to study and learn from their mistakes, and the hard work paid off. The only problem is that they forgot about the run game which hurt them all game. Multiple missed tackles caused for a 73, 65, and 74 yard run. Even though they could not stop the run they were able to 5 turnovers, 2 fumbles and 3 INTs. FR SS Tyler Johnson lead the team in tackles with 9 and got his first career sack.

Clemson looks next week as the Nittany Lions of Penn St pays them a visit at Death Valley.

FINAL SCORE: 55-29

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oh fuck you fuzzy. Giving me the first crack at the number 1 team. This is gonna be less than enjoyable -_- at least i get Memphis this week.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This is gonna be a long year. Dropped back 50 times (but i want to do that. TT Offense) and got sacked 13 times. That's about 1/4 of the time i'm getting sacked. Not to mention the 6 or 7 times i barely got the ball out and it did that two yard duck thing. Still won thankfully. Got a blocked XP return for 2 and saved the highlight so you guys outta check it out on the wire.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Huskers Get Off on the Right Foot in 31-13 Win @ Washington

Nebraska got a solid game from Senior QB Cory King who is looking like he is ready for the new offense brought by Coach Kasper. King went 12-19 for 197 yards and 2 scores, also tossing a couple of interceptions. True freshman Jeremy Turner showed why he got the start, racking up 105 yards on 13 attempts, including a 58 yard scamper for his one TD on the day. King also ran for a solid 56 yards, including a 38 yard touchdown run. Sophomore HB Adrian Williams put together a solid performance in relief duty of Turner, racking up 56 yards on just 5 carries. Senior Mark Gordon snagged 5 balls for 77 yards to lead the offense. Senior Brandon smith had 68 yards on 2 catches, including a 59 yard catch and run for a TD. Senior TE Jason Robinson had 33 yards on 3 catches and a TD. "Things are looking good for us, but we could use a little work on defense. We did a good job of not surrendering many points, but gave up 350 yards. I think it will come with time as we adjust to the new system," stated Coach Kasper after the game.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  6. Masler

Masler Moderator

And here I was thinking fuzzyl0gic would take me on Week 1. :cool:

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

#22 Michigan State - 35

Marshall - 21

The Bumbling Herd would intecept Michigan State 7 damn times, each by a different defender. The field was NOT loud or threatening. My receivers ran bad routes and the QB's threw HORRIBLE passes. Yet when we did play good, we scored. How I won this I am not sure. This game was the worst I've ever been a part off. Marshall gained 400 yards through the air with a D FRIKIN PLUS offense. I am thoroughly embarassed. Not even going to post stats, too ashamed.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Penn State Rolls Behind Legs of Moore

#7 Penn State 55
    Virginia Tech 17

Penn State got on the board quickly by way of a Charles Ortiz 35 yard TD pass on the first PSU drive of the game. Virginia Tech had an answer, moving down the field with ease and RB Toth taking it in from 10. Ryan Moore, wasn't going to be outdone, scoring the next two Penn State touchdowns, the first from 40 and the second from 12 yards out. Before the end of the half Wiggins added another 3 for Penn State. The 2nd quarter was very quiet until the last 30 seconds, when VT's kicker finally made a FG after missing 2 earlier in the game. Penn State put another on the board with McIntosh hooking up against with Freshman Charlies Ortiz for a 61 yard TD pass.

The game was pretty much out of reach for Virginia Tech by the half, losing 31-10. Their chances decreased further following another Moore TD and a scoop and score by LB McDougal following a strip of Toth on a screen pass. Wiggins was able to add another FG to make it 48-10. Virginia Tech was able to add another to make the score look better. On the ensuing onside kick backup RB Parham showed PSU faithful a glimpse of the future, recovering the onside, breaking a tackle and nearly scoring, but was stopped at the inch line. He took the handoff to get his score and that was the final score of the day.

Players of the Game
    Ryan Moore RB - Senior
    27 carries for 182 yds. 3TDs

Charles Ortiz WR - Freshman
    4 receptions for 114 yds. 2TDs

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sooo where we at advance wise?

and where you at Gho5t9 ! goin MIA before you even get here haha..

10. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

lol i was going to write my summary in school come to find out my schools cpu blocked the ea site so i will just write it asap when i get home today around 4 and i will do the team preview then too its going to look very nice you will like it

11. fuzzyl0gic

Steamer43 - You still around man? Haven't heard from you in a while. Waiting on him, and -Cougars- to play their games. I'm about to get mine in.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

13. fuzzyl0gic

Alabama - 42
    UNC - 39

Fuck Heisman! Ah! I was down 35-3 in the second, so it's a miracle it was this close. I couldn't do shit to stop Bama, and their defense is insane. Impossible to pass against. Go FY Kasper with pushing this difficulty change, and go suck Redds dick already...geez.

• Like Like x 2
  14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Bama gave me fits last season. Their offense and defense are rdiculous so I can vouch for you on that. lol

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I thought I played my game that game was hard indeed man.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

nn
    ....lol

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Oh, the game results didn't save. That's some bullshit. I will get on it in a bit.

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Probably what you were doing that whole time you were gone from our league...

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Instead of the coffee it was school books.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This is probably what you were doing waiting for me to come back :D

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Actually its what I was doing in the second half of our game.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

just checkin in ...

fuk of f oc

25. fuzzyl0gic

I'm getting on to advance now, never heard from Steamer. Masler when can you play today?