Season 6 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, May 3, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 6 Week 1

2014 is here!!!

Next advance deadline is:
    Thurs 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Tennessee
    2 Clemson
    3 Florida
    7 VaTech
    8 Georgia
    9 Auburn
    10 FSU
    26 Maryland
    35 Virginia
    44 Alabama
    51 Georgia Tech

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

Could this be Florida States year???

Player of the Week

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

brutal opening game for the defending Champs

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Are we going to be recruiting this season? Or is this the last one?

4. GoGators

You're welcome to recruit if you really have nothing better to do, but timeline wise, I'm 99.99% positive there won't be time for another season after this one with `11 launching on July 13th.

5. GoGators

Figured it could of been the BCS game last season so I'd give Hokie his shot at ya.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Thanks I really appreciate it........

*said with sarcasm*

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Georgia 55 Oregon 10
    Junior quarterback robinson was the show in this one combining for 5 touchdown. The defense was very opportunistic but there are definately holes. We'll see how the new offense and quarterback will hold up against a week 2 user opponent in Clemson.

8. KnightNoles

Tigers escape the confines of Blacksburgh

A great game played in Blacksburgh as the Auburn Tigers invaded the premises but it didn't look good in the early going as the Hokies took a 10-0 lead. Tigers came back and responded with a Josh Arnold 24 yard TD run but the Hokies would hit an 80 yard TD pass to put the lead back to 10. Arnold would get in the endzone again this time from 3 yards out. VT would get 3 more before half, but with 0:14 left Auburn tried to throw a hailmary and Andrew Miller for some reason didnt throw the ball and circled back around and was hit straining his abdomen and will be out 3 weeks.

The third quarter the Tigers found a spark from backup quarterback Troy Winston and would score 14 points taking a 21-20 lead going into the 4th. VT would get the game tying score at 4:58 and were going to get the ball back after a stalled Auburn drive but the Hokie punt returner couldn't get off a fair catch signal and the defender punched the ball out while another Tiger jumped on it. Auburn would take the lead with 1:36 left and would string out VT chance to tie. 35-28 Tigers

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Aub VT
    Score 35 28
    First Downs 14 20
    Total Offense 336 452
    Rushes-Yards-TD 32-143-3 15-27-1
    Comp-Att-TD 14-22-1 28-50-2
    Passing Yards 182 425
    3rd Down 8-12 (66) 8-13 (61)
    4th Down 0-0 1-2 (50)
    Redzone-TD-FG 3-3-0 (100) 4-2-1 (75)
    Turnovers 2 3
    Fumble 0 1
    Interception 2 2
    Total Yards 0 0
    Punts-Avg 2-45.5 0-0.0
    Pen-Yards 3-30 0-0
    TOP 15:01 13:23

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    he used that freshman QB??

10. KnightNoles

I dont know if he did he can sling it pretty good

11. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Sure did and he had quite a debute considering it was against one of the best users in the league, going for 28/50 425yds 2 TD 2 INT.

I just can't believe I let this one slip away. I think I controlled this game for the most part especially the first half tripling the Tigers offensive production (only to have the Tigers double my production in the 2nd), but just made poor decisions and mistakes at crucial points in the game. I threw a pick on the goaline with a chance to go up by 3 scores. I moved the ball easily (not 1 punt attempt) but had to settle for 3 FG attempts and missed 1. My shitty receiving corp combined for 9 drops. And the all formentioned fumble on the punt return at the end of the game.

Great game Knoles. You beat me 9/10 times and that was going to be my 1 time but I blew it. So I guess that makes it 10/10 times.

One thing I did learn is that its gonna be a fun year. My Fr QB can hum the ball. If I can controll my TD/INT ratio, we could be looking at the 1st ever Freshman Heisman/SE MVP. And the campaign starts......

12. KnightNoles

LOL... it was a real real good game, win or lose that was the most fun I have played in a long time. Fresh can really sling the ball and you weren't shy to throw it either which may have gotten you in trouble at times.

League: Look out for this QB!!

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Noles is good but he can be passed on...it's those 2INT's you see that will piss u off about Noles, as well as other strip fumbles and other turnovers alike.

14. KnightNoles

I try to be a bend but don't break defense and I know I can be patient enough because I am going to get my turnovers. :D

15. GoGators

#4 USC 28
    #3 UF 14

The Gators get bit in the Swamp by the visiting Trojans. Never been cheesed so hard in my life. Couldn't stop the robo QB from USC and every time there was a third down, the USC would do the typical break tackle of whoever is in his way to move the chains. On the rare occasion that the Gators were able to stop the Trojans and force a 4th and 6 or less, the Trojans would go for it and convert. Stupid effing game! Well, as the saying goes, if you're going to lose, lose early.

16. KnightNoles

I told you so... I was looking at the sliders after the National Champ game and they look default but it just seems that the CPU breaks way too many tackles and makes ridiculous cuts but oh well. Its a challenge but it is frustrating as hell

17. GoGators

Does it happen to you where if the CPU HB is in the open field on say 3rd and long and he has one guy lined up to tackle him before getting to the first down, every single time, the CPU HB breaks that tackle to get the first down?

18. KnightNoles

no, I usually get an up the middle run and just a cluster there and he pulls of some gay shifting and runs it for a 50 yard TD. HB is running straight then 90 degree turn then another then another then all I know is TD.

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I HATE the way the CPU HBs run. It is ridiculous...

20. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I have seen that happen a time or two

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

LOL! ha ha ha ha.

Everyone else worked the cpu. Florida is just overrated again as Urbys kids leave and sherms scrubs cant compete.

22. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Its easy to stop just run commit middle...oops did I say that? Harharhar.

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Or don't give up and super sim the cpu a lead.