Season 6 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

User games are Oshi vs Qwon and Fuzzy vs Steamer

Fuzzy I'm not sure what the plan is with Steamer ( I know you explained it, but not sure what to do for this game ).

Oshi and Qwon get that shit scheduled.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nebraska Dominates Gophers in Lincoln, Win 45-14

Nebraska got a big game from junior All American ROLB Chris Burke, as he had 2 interceptions on the day to go along with his 3 TFL and 1 FF. Burke also took one of his TD's to the house; a screen play that Burke jumped and dashed to the endzone. Junior CB Keith Rhodes also notched a pair of interceptions on the day. Seniors Darryl Ruffin and Austin Timmons each notched a sack to help the cause as well.

Offensively, senior Brandon Smith was a force, catching 3 balls for 52 yards and a score, and also notching 150 return yards between punts and kicks. Smith also took a kickoff to the house (ironically, just after Minnesota took one back). Senior Mark Gordon had 2 catches for 46 yards and a TD as well. Quarterback Cory King had a soldid ay going 9 for 11 for 106 yards and a score through the air, while also having a rushing TD from 7 yards out. The talk of the town is how backup Larry King (Cory's cousin) performed. The freshman had an impressive 46 yard run on a read option, and threw a beautiful ball to the afformentioned Gordon for a nice TD. Between the quickness of the run, and the touch he had on the ball to Gordon, many Nebraska fans left the stadium contemplating who will be at the helm next year as there is plenty of young talent at the QB spot for Nebraska. However, that is a discussion for later, as Nebraska is in the heat of the conference race and can't afford any distractions.

Overall a good win.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Oshiomogho

When you wanna rock it? I'm free any time after 1 tomorrow. Or I'm free right now.

5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

well since we didnt make it work tonight, ill let you know when I get home tomorrow. hopefully not too late in the afternoon

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Gho5t9 that does not suffice as a write-up, lol.

8. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

i know after i did that i kindve fell asleep ill finish it when i get home this afternoon sorry

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lol, lay off the jersey shore man

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Judging by all the summaries we need to get to it boys - advance is in 24 hours..

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

alright... whenever you are ready. ill be around. and checking in often i hope

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Getting on now.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Bought to head out to dinner with my family then headed back to UC. Will get my game in tonight

14. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

#19 Penn State 42
    Ohio State 17

Penn State's defense bounced back in a big way after a tough loss to Michigan. While they struggled with the tough running game of OSU, they made stops when they needed to. The defense took the ball away 5 times on the day. OSU RB Mosley fumbled twice, while QB Perry was leveled and coughed it up as well. The offense looked ok, but was still a shell of its former self with McIntosh still struggling with interception issues. He did bounce back, however, following an INT in the endzone, hooking up with Freshman WR Ortiz for 80 yards in the 2nd and to Tommy Smith in the 4th. Ryan Moore continued to carry the load on the ground, rushing for 128 yards and 1TD.

Penn State is 1 game away from a bowl game and with tough games against Northwestern, Purdue and Nebraska, hopefully luck will be on their side, after losing close games to Clemson and Wisconsin earlier in the year.

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well...Me and Oshiomogho had our typical defensive slugfest. I don't feel like doing a big write up cuz i manage to crap this one away. Up by 1 with 2 minutes to go, I for some reason thought i should go to the air...and i threw a pick. He was able to run down the clock and kick a field goal to win it 16-14.

We combined for 11 turnover. 6 by me, 5 by him.

I racked up a whopping 117 yards of total offense, while he scraped together 139 yards.

Obviously it's a painful loss, but I always enjoy my games against Oshi. Fun to have a good old fashioned defensive battle.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sounds like it was a good one. Holy hell, 11 turnovers?

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah we both fumbled once. Neither of us could run the ball at all so a lot of passing, and it didn't go real well. I had like 17 carries for 23 yards.

18. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Not gonna lie, I hate playing Qwon. He is in my head. I know exactly what he wants to do and i try to change my own style of play to beat it and i cant. My offense relies on running and stretching the field. he blitzes heavy and presses. So i cant stretch the field. After a very poor start from Mayo, Gandy played the last 2 drives leading to the victory and connected on the only long pass I completed all day and it was huge to keep me in the game. But my boy Chuck McDonald was the gamechanger today. 3 interceptions on the day. For a player i user controll on 99% of snaps, he got 2 of his INTs on about the 3 plays i didnt control him. He is a veteran leader on the very skilled defense.
    the game was very important for my BCS shot and more importantly, my shot at the B10 title game, which i havent played in since year 1

19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Clemson Escapes With A Win:

Wake Forest and Clemson battled it like Frazier vs Ali. Each team landed haymaker after haymaker after haymaker until the Demon Decans could not stand up anymore. Signs looked bad after the new starter Senior(RS) EJ Suggs took a vicious hit after pitching the ball to WR Jared Williams. He would leave the game with a concussion and would not return. Freshman QB Mike Curry came in and got the job done. After the total 175 yards, 4 TDs and only one turnover Coach Burgdorff will have to reevaluate who the starter will be. It looks like EJ is safe but if the injuries keep pilling up, then Coach Burgdorff will have to look for his freshman to complete the season.

The game looked like it was going to be a blow out after the 1st quarter ended 14-0 with Clemson but the Decans came with it in the 2nd. The Decans sliced and diced the Tiger defense scoring four times, 3 on the ground and 1 in the air, to make it a competitive game. With the Decans continually scoring the Tigers mathed them blow for blow with their own 28 points. Freshman RB John Robison was able to score twice on back to back kickoffs. The other 14 points came from QB Mike Curry running in 16 yards out and with Curry hooking up with Freshman TE Stevie Williams on a 4 yard play action. With the second looming to be another high scoring affair the defenses finally started making stops. They both limited only 21 points in the second half and forced a couple of turnovers.

This was a high scoring affair with some really good QB play from both sides but will it be enough for Clemson next week as they look to potentially pencil themselves into another ACC Championship appearance when they travel to take on the Boston College Eagles!

FINAL SCORE: 49-42

Kasper, that RB for Wake Forest was either feast or famine. He would either throw my DL or LBs down on the ground or just fumble as he was falling down to the ground. If he could have held onto the ball Wake Forest would have beaten me.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State - 31

Northwestern - 33

The Wildcats were just unstoppable on offense today but so was Michigan State. State made a furious rally after being down 7-19 at halftime but NU finished them off in the fourth by converting a long 3rd down. They would continue to attempt to score even though MSU had no timeouts and the game was all but over. Coach Masler was seen snapping his clipboard in half and chucking it at the NU Coach screaming some sort of profanity, even the announcers were mentioning unsportsmanship. It seemed like every bounce and ill pass went in the favor of NU today. We were only able to intercept one pass and it lead to a scoreless drive.

State slips to 3-6(1-4) and have to win out for even dreams of a bowl. Up next is: @ Minnesota

Stats

B. Richard - 22/37, 417 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT
    C. Mitchell - 25 Att, 174 yards, TD
    D. Patterson - 6 Rec, 185 yards, 2 TD
    T. Ward - 5 Rec, 79 yard, TD

21. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Oh fun, I get Northwestern next week. Don't they run that hurryup bullshit?

22. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

They are the VT of the ACC so yes they do. Good luck, are you playing them there?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

They're a goddamn pain in the ass. I got up 14-0 on em I think but threw a pick and that momentum they got just blew up on me. Beat them in double OT at their place -- but yeah, I'd say prepare for a battle. Philstyle3005 got a run for his money from them as well I think.