Season 6 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jun 16, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 6 Week 14

2014 Week 14!

Next advance deadline is:
    Fri 10pm EDT

2. GoGators

Guys, I'm kinda thinking about shutting it down for `10. I missed another user game last night that required to be simmed which makes it about 4 on the season and I'm really losing interest at this point. A championship wouldn't even mean anything since almost all user games have been simmed up to now. I'll advance it for you guys if you want to finish out the season, but I think I'm taking a break and gearing up for `11 at this point.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Its whatever to me....

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I wouldnt mind finishing up the season. We only have a few games left. There could be some good user vs user match ups in bowl games. But if everyone else is done, than so be it.

5. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

If its done I wont cry but we are in week 14 so it wouldn't take too much effort to finish out the season.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah we are close to the finish line, so there is no reason to stop now. I will finish my games out. I think I may a shot at the ACC CG. May as well continue and I think we may have a few user vs user bowl games if not the BCS title game. Gator if you are done maybe Recchem can save the file after week 14 and he can finish out the season as commish. Kinda of a segway to him taking over for good next season.....

7. GoGators

I'm down to keep advancing us guys. It'll be easier than Reccheem downloading and sending out new invites. It's gotten a little disheartening w/everyone on autopilot and all the simmed games. Let me know when you guys are ready to advance and I'll do it.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I got my game in last night. Beat Penn State in snowy Happy Valley, so FSU is ready.

I would have loved to get our game in Sherm but for some reason it just wasnt in the cards for either of us it seemed.

9. GoGators

Yeah, no worries. You had some issues on your side that's understandable and works been a pain in the ass lately on my side. My boss is a real D-Bag and I'm waiting for someone to slap him.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We could have a real interesting end to the season with the way teams are ranked.

SEC CCG - Auburn vs Florida
    ACC CCG - VaTech vs Clemson

If Auburn and Clemson take care of business, they should face off in the title game. If one of them doesnt, that opens the door for Tennessee or Florida State. If they both lose, who knows what happens to the BCS rankings. So, lets finish this sucker and see what pans out!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We could have a real interesting end to the season with the way teams are ranked.

SEC CCG - Auburn vs Florida
    ACC CCG - VaTech vs Clemson

If Auburn and Clemson take care of business, they should face off in the title game. If one of them doesnt, that opens the door for Tennessee or Florida State. If they both lose, who knows what happens to the BCS rankings. So, lets finish this sucker and see what pans out!

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Lost a close one to Bama....guess I was looking ahead to Clemson. Going out of town this weekend. So I will be able to play the ACCCG Monday night the soonest.

13. Beazus Christ

#2 Clemson - 70
    South Carolina - 14

These past couple of years haven't been good for Gamecock fans. For the past 5 seasons, Clemson has manhandled their in-state rival and Tiger Nation reminds those unfortunate fans from "the other school in South Carolina" just how one-sided this series has been at every possible opportunity. Well, SC certainly had their chance to stick to Clemson this year. The Tigers, currently sitting at #2 and on a 10 game winning streak, have a real chance to return to national title game. SC, at 4-7, have no chance at a postseason game. Despite the woes of the football team, all would be forgiven in Columbia with an upset on road against Clemson. SC laid everything on the line in today's game for a chance at redemption - and still fell well short of the mark.

The Tiger offense has become adept at precision passing no matter who plays the QB position. Andrew Moore, filling in for the injured Eddie Williams, had a brilliant first half. SC threw multiple looks at Moore but offered no real obstacle to the budding star QB. By half, Moore had completed 22 of 25 passes for 312 yards and 5 TDs. SC fared no better when the Clemson put in the second string offense, as option QB Nick Stephens looked like the 2014 version of Mike Vick. Stephens only carried the ball 6 times but ran for 201 yards and 3 scores.

On defense, it was more of the same for Clemson. Although they allowed a 50+ yard run, the Tiger defense was in total control of the game.

Clemson (11-1) controls its own destiny. Defeat Virginia Tech in the ACC title game and earn the opportunity to play Florida or Auburn in the National Championship. The Hokies are a worthy opponent and Clemson will have to play one hell of a game for the chance at football immortality.

14. GoGators

Just waiting on Noles???

15. KnightNoles

sorry guys, as I just posted in C2C. My life has been a little rough the past few days as my girlfriend and I are trying to sort out what we want moving on. We are high school sweethearts and been dating for 5 1/2 years. So my heart and tears have been going through that lately.

16. KnightNoles

If you dont care to wait til the afternoon then Ill get it in, but I gotta get more time with her and everything so I may drop...

17. GoGators

No worries bud. Handle your personal business and good luck.

18. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Terps-17
    Meechigan-14

I squeaked one out against Michigan. My last game with Maryland...good riddance. Fn worst OLine I've ever seen.

19. KnightNoles

go ahead and just advance the week if you havent already

20. GoGators

We've advanced to the CCG. Hokie versus Beazus. And somehow FSU is ranked #1 w/o winning their own conference.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Or a user game (y)

22. Beazus Christ

Damn Clemson got shitted on...

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Honestly, I have no idea why they have FSU #1. Auburn and UT must have lost, which makes me think they were simmed. Lets just finish this puppy and move on. If I can play Beazus again, I'll be happy. Probably wont win, but atleast I'll have the opportunity!

24. Beazus Christ

Hokie lets get together and knock this out

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Are we dead in the water here guys?