Season 6, Week 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Feb 17, 2011.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #13 Boston College Eagles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Boston College won 45-24 against Ole Miss (0-1).
    This week, the Eagles are idle.

=============== #8 Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 35-7 against Georgia Tech (0-1).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #4 Notre Dame (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Zach Smith has committed to Michigan
    - (****) HB James Townsend has committed to Florida
    - (****) MLB Vince Davis has committed to Purdue
    - (****) ROLB David Stewart has committed to Ohio State
    - (*****) QB Jared Brown has committed to Michigan

=============== #1 Florida Gators (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 35-0 against UCLA (0-1).
    This week, the Gators travel to Austin to face the #5 Texas Longhorns (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #10 Florida State Seminoles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida State won 50-17 against Missouri (0-1).
    This week, the Seminoles travel to Los Angeles to face the #6 USC Trojans (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 26-14 against Miami (0-1).
    This week, the Longhorns will host #1 Florida (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #9 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 63-14 against SMU (0-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Miami to face the Miami Hurricanes (0-1).

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 55-14 against Oregon (0-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Pittsburgh (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #3 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Sooners were idle.
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Purdue won 38-19 against Cincinnati (0-1).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Ames to face the Iowa State Cyclones (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Adrian Greer has committed to Ball State
    - (****) MLB Vince Davis has committed to Purdue

=============== #6 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans will host #10 Florida State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FB Quinton Eaton has committed to USC
    - (**) FB Calvin Williams has committed to USC
    - (****) LE Todd Moss has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RE Antonio Harrison has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RG Nick Meyers has committed to USC
    - (*****) HB Mike Workman has committed to TCU

=============== USF Bulls (0-1) ===============
    Last week, USF lost 42-30 against Georgia (1-0).
    This week, the Bulls will host Minnesota (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Vince Fernandez has committed to USF

2. SodaAddict

@SuperBowlNachos

Man, I am extremely saddened that you got that HB Townsend to instacommit. He's going to be awesome but will probably be like 3rd string on your team lol.

3. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Ya Texas was mad to.

I was shocked when I found him as a 4*. His build is by far the best you can get out of recruiting. I got literally the exact same guy last season.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

@SodaAddict
    I had a user game opportunity pop-up while I was playing my game, so I didn't have time to save my highlights. For me, it usually takes 10-15 minutes to encode and upload the highlights. I will take this is as my warning, it shouldn't happen again.

5. SodaAddict

Thanks for the explanation man.

6. SodaAddict

Whew.

That was the sound of the collective deep breaths taken by the fans in Ann Arbor as Michigan closed out an extremely tight contest to beat Notre Dame with a game-ending field goal, winning by a final score of 32-30.

Michigan looked in good shape early on, forcing and recovering an opening kickoff fumble. Then, they were unable to advance the ball and were forced to kick a field goal to go up 3-0. After that, the 1st half was almost all Notre Dame. The Irish would respond by scoring 17 unanswered points to put themselves up 17-3 and Michigan's offense seemed ill-equipped to answer. However, resuming the theme from last season, the Michigan defense would come up with big play after big play to keep the Wolverines in it, and the Offense would finally wake up with a couple of huge plays late in the game.

After a Michigan field goal to pull the score to 17-6 in Notre Dame's favor to close the half, Michigan came out determined to claw their way back in to the game, and started the 2nd half with their third field goal of the game making the score 17-9. Then, Michigan would force a huge turnover and would finally capitalize on the ensuing drive with the first touchdown of the game for the Wolverines, pulling to within two following a missed two point conversion attempt making the score 17-15 Notre Dame with 2:30 to go in the 3rd.

But Notre Dame would answer with an impressive drive to pull the game back to two possessions after a touchdown pass, putting the score at 24-15 to begin the 4th quarter.

That's when the Michigan Offense figured out how to play football. After a couple of plays to get the Wolverines in striking distance, HB A. Moore found a hole on a lead run and took the ball to the house on a 33 yard Touchdown run to put the Wolverines back within a score, 24-22.

After yet another big turnover forced by the Michigan defense, Michigan started its next drive deep in its own territory, down 2 points, and Notre Dame brought the house, hoping to stop the Wolverine momentum. Instead, they managed to leave a Wolverine receiver wide open for what would end up being a 90 yard touchdown pass to give Michigan its first lead of the game with 5:40 to go in the game at the new score of Michigan - 29, Notre Dame - 24.

After that, Michigan had several opportunities to put the game away after two different stops by the defense, one on a 4th down conversion, the other on a turnover. But, the offense was not able to put it away and with just 21 seconds to go, the Notre Dame offense would finally break through in the 4th quarter with a touchdown that looked like the gut-wrenching nail in the coffin for the Wolverines' national title hopes.

But the Wolverines had found success all day on returns and would get another nice one here, moving the ball past their own 35 to shorten the field with 16 seconds to go. On 1st down, the Wolverines went to their main receiver on a streak in hopes that they could get most of that ever-important yardage and connected on a huge play that put the Wolverines at the Notre Dame 40 yard line. With 11 seconds to go, the Wolverines knew they still needed another big play, and yet again were able to connect on a deep circle route and a great catch to put the ball at about the 15 yard line with 5 seconds to go. Michigan decided to run a play to the left to line up the kicker and used their last time out with 3 seconds to go. On the final play of the game, Michigan connected on the field goal to close the game with the win and the final score of Michigan 32, Notre Dame 30.

7. fuzzyl0gic

@SodaAddict
    Are we advancing tonight? When do you want to get our week 3 game in?

8. SodaAddict

Yeah we are advancing tonight as soon as I can get a chance to do it. Going to be out and about I think tonight but when I get home I will.

And I'm fairly open, tomorrow day should work and night is kinda iffy. Sunday should be pretty open. My birthday is Sunday, though, so I don't really know exactly when I will be on.

9. fuzzyl0gic

Alright, I have the offseason for The Rise tomorrow at 11 AM EST but I can play after that. Let's say 2 PM EST.

10. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Oh, we're advancing tonight? I was on but no sign of Joe, looks like we will need to sim our game.

11. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I was at work until almost midnight. It's 11:20 and I'm online and here at the forums. @SodaAddict please let us get this game in saturday. I've never missed a user game, and I'd like to continue that.

12. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I waited for about 15 minutes after I got on, so if @SodaAddict doesn't advance us. I can play almost all day saturday. Just name a time.

13. SodaAddict

@JOEDESIGNS
    @briosu99

I will give you guys until about 1 eastern tomorrow to get the game in. Then we will advance in to week 3. The week 3 advance will still be Sunday night.

14. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

@SodaAddict, I will be on all morning looking for bri. Thanks Soda.

15. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I will be on at 9 EST, I can't start any later than that.

16. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

@briosu99 he's giving us until 1pm EST TOMORROW. When will you be on then?

17. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

9 AM

18. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On