Season 6 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, May 6, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 6 Week 2

2014 Week 2

Next advance deadline is:
    Sun 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Tennessee (37)
    3 Clemson
    6 Auburn
    7 Georgia
    8 FSU
    9 UF
    11 LSU
    14 VT

Maryland, UVA, Bama, GT

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#3 Clemson at #7 Georgia

The second game of this rivalry series. I think Cole missed this one last season so it'll be interesting to see what happens this year when it's settled on the field.

#1 Tennessee at #8 FSU

Two teams that are both expected to challenge for the BCS this year. A big early season game. Who will get started on the right foot and who will have their dreams dashed?

Player of the Week

UGA QB William Robinson 16/17, 197 yds, 10 car, 128 yds, 5 TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Player Pos Team
    U. Anderson QB Neb
    M. Haas WR Terps
    E. Tyler QB PSU
    K. Turner WR Ok St
    M. Hunt WR Neb

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Everyone welcome the newbie Envy, he's taking over as LSU.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

VT-52
    USC- 41

The Hokies beat a tough Trojan team despite 9 turnovers. FR sensation QB Freeman threw for over 400yds again but his 6 INT's won't help the QB rating any. WR Ross stepped up at WR with 14 rec 222yds 1 TD. The defense played well with 5 sacks and forcing 5 TO's but still allowed USC to put up big yardage both in the air and on the ground. Virginia Tech got its 1st KR TD of the season when speedster Sanders returned the opening kick 90yds. The Hokies had moments of greatness, but the FR led offense looks vulnerable at times. Up next for the Hokies are the Yellowjackets of Georgia Tech. Looks like I might be taking a loss since I will be out of town. But I am in Vegas so I will get over it.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

# 3 Clemson (0-0) at #7 Georgia (1-0)

The Bulldogs were able to control this game early led by a new rushing attack. Running back Cris Crawford started the scoring with a 49 yard touchdown run. The defense held tight after a couple interceptions by Georgia quarterback Robinson as they held Clemson to field goals. A 42 yard catch and run by freshman receiver Williams would give the Dawgs 17-9 lead at half.

The week 1 bye seemed to affect Clemson as they looked to get their rythm early, in the second half though the team figured things out and started moving the ball at will. Both teams would go back and forth with each team answering the other with scoring drives throughout the third and fourth. After a Clemson touchdown tied the game with under 4 minutes remaining the Tigers defense held and forced a Georgia punt. The way things were working it all but guaranteed that the Tigers would take the lead but the veterna Georgia defense stepped up for the first time and forced a punt of their own.

With the ball deep inside their own zone and a quarterback who struggled to throw the ball all day Georgia had a tall task on hand. They didnt stress though and methodically moved the ball down the field using both the run and pass. The key play of the drive was made by senior tight end Mosely who caught a 22 yard pass down the seam and held on despite being up ended by the defensive back. After running the ball a few times for a first down the Dawgs called timeout with 2 seconds remaining. Georgias kicker was iced and it worked as the 39 yard kick head straight into the left upright, but at the last moment cleared the post and secured the 34-31 victory.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

#1 Tennessee - 31
    #8 Florida State- 21

The Vols go into Doak Campbell and sneak out with their #1 ranking intact. The story of this game would be turnovers. There were 7 turnovers between the two squads.. Tenn barely getting the better end of the deal with 3.

Bo Stephens got injured and missed almost 2 quarters of the game, but still was able to rack up 107yd on 17 attempts. Backup RB Horne came in a performed well, going for 63yd on only 10 carries and punching one in for a TD.

The real stars for the Vols were on defense, namely the Safeties. Tenn's defensive Captain, FS Jonathan Walker went down with an injury and will miss the huge SEC opener against Florida, but he made his presence felt before leaving as he grabbed an INT. (RS)Senior FS Donald Cook came in and performed admirably, recovering a fumble. Sophomore SS Ron Ray would put them all to shame though, as he was responsible for 8TAK and 2 FF.

Tennessee looks forward to hosting Florida next week. Lets hope those Trojans didnt anger them too bad, or the Vols could be out of the race for the SEC East before it even begins.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

GG Max. The fumbles on the big hits killed me. Even still I had a chance to come back but threw a pick down 3 with just about 2 minutes to play. All in all, it was a solid user game. Good luck in the tough SEC max!

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to the nut house Envy!

8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Terps-45
    Texas-28

Maryland's best Olineman, not saying much, is out for the year. I was already thin at T and now it's getting desperate.

The QB job is still open but Scott Cunningham made his case today going 27-47 for 369 yards and 4 TDs. Jr WR Haas started the year off right with 12 catches for 182 yds and 1 TD and the speedy sophomore Brewer added 7 catches and 2 TDs.

had to post this highlight
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/19871082

[​IMG]

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Wasnt that run supposed to be a counter? The CPU is so weird when they run the ball. If my HB ran diagonally to the sideline and cut upfield like that I'd bench him... even if he did score a TD :p

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Sherm advance us in the morning, sorry have finals and played a user game but ill get it in soon

11. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

lol you're right that was a counter. un frickin believable.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Auburn 48
    Ohio State 24

Not too much to worry about in this game except HB left for the game. QB Troy Winston went 20-31 269 yards 2 TDs INT. Fr HB Matt Wade recieved 16 carries for 87 yards. 9 different receivers caught the ball, would have been 10 if Wade holds on to his swing pass. defense was led by Fr MLB Rocky Sanders with 6 tackles 3 for loss.

The Tigers will gear up for the Tiger bowl next week against new Coach Envy.