Season 6 Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 15, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    Alright, week 1 kind of dragged out with valentine's day, let's get back on pace. Good luck this week! ​
    Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    sawemoff
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    Steamer43
    Masler
    Gho5t9
    BPHusker

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #13 North Carolina Tar Heels (0-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina lost 42-39 against Alabama (1-0).
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to East Lansing to face the #22 Michigan State Spartans (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Joe Kendrick has committed to Connecticut
    - (****) LOLB Darius Maxwell has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) SS Marlon Fagan has committed to North Carolina

=============== #15 Virginia Cavaliers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 52-28 against LSU (0-1).
    This week, the Cavaliers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Ray Schroeder has committed to Wake Forest
    - (****) TE John Thornton has committed to Northwestern
    - (****) LOLB Reggie Daugherty has committed to Penn State
    - (*****) QB Ernest McDonald has committed to Virginia

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Wolverines were idle.
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Miami to face the Miami Hurricanes (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Thurman Mason has committed to Michigan
    - (****) C Patrick Mark has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #21 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 31-13 against Washington (0-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Willie Houston has committed to Oregon

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 55-17 against Virginia Tech (0-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Clemson to face the #4 Clemson Tigers (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Matt Bell has committed to Cal

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 49-24 against Tennessee (0-1).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Matt Bell has committed to Cal
    - (****) MLB Willie Houston has committed to Oregon
    - (****) SS Harry Thomas has committed to TCU
    - (****) LT Thurman Mason has committed to Michigan

=============== #4 Clemson Tigers (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 55-29 against Notre Dame (0-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host #5 Penn State (1-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Jeff Smith has committed to Georgia

=============== NC State Wolfpack (0-1) ===============
    Last week, NC State lost 45-34 against Utah (1-0).
    This week, the Wolfpack are idle.

=============== #22 Michigan State Spartans (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan State won 35-21 against Marshall (0-1).
    This week, the Spartans will host #13 North Carolina (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Brian Huff has committed to Michigan State

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Boilermakers were idle.
    This week, the Boilermakers will host Arkansas (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Evan Wilson has committed to Illinois

=============== Miami Hurricanes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 50-31 against Vanderbilt (0-1).
    This week, the Hurricanes will host #3 Michigan (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Maurice Gilbert has committed to Auburn
    - (****) CB Tavarious McConnell has committed to Miami
    - (****) DT Jon Johnston has committed to Utah

=============== Boston College Eagles (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Boston College won 33-22 against Memphis (0-1).
    This week, the Eagles are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Corey Muse has committed to Boston College
    - (****) WR Joe Kendrick has committed to Connecticut

2. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

B1G vs ACC challenge begins this week.... and I just noticed that Kasper is on our side this year. I guess I missed the old user leaving the league, was wondering why the ACC kept getting the new guys and we were staying the same.

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Kasper knew where the real big tymers play....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Someone that can beat you had to come over here; not saying I will but we shall see!

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Love week 2.. get to see all the recruits I'm not going to land!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

hornsfan had me last season, he had 3 possessions inside the 5 yard line, and had to settle for field goals. If he had of just punched 2 out of the 3 in, he would have beaten me. Hell even 1 of the 3 he might of because then he could have stuck to his game plan. He did a great job recruiting out there for his style.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah, I do need some Olineman but Nebraska can usually get those with not too big of a problem.. I need to get up to 6 stars quick though so I can run with you, fuzzy oshi and everyone else on the recruiting trail.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

BPHusker you gonna broadcast the Clem game, if so when will it be? I think that will be a very, very good game. (sorry for two tags, but I figured fuzzy wouldn't want us discussing the broadcast and making a mess in the Pickem thread)

9. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I was planning on streaming. sawemoff, do you wanna try for tomorrow at 7-8PM central?

10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Would 8:30pm central time work? BPHusker

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  11. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

sawemoff - that should be fine.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well... Got screwed by the CPU against Arkansas. Took the lead 17-13 with 50 seconds to play. Arkansas just chunked the ball up once to get to my 46. Then the next play threw a slant against my cover 3. Their WR breaks two tackles and takes it to the house. I had 30 seconds left. Drove down to their 31 with a shot at a field goal to tie it. I got all the way into it, but my kicker just didn't quite have the leg. Missed by only inches...ugh

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sounds like you got screwed, big time.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I uploaded a video of one of their freaking hail mary's that just hung up in the air. Both my safety and corner were under it waiting, and yet they let the WR catch it and then run away from them...I about threw my controller. Luckily I realized there was a reason I once had 4 working xbox controllers and now only have 1.

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Also, I don't actually know how to upload the video. I just saved it after the game, no clue how to post it on here. It's on the dynasty site...I just don't know how to get it over to here. Maybe someone can go bring it over for me?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

This is 100% why i hate the pass defense so i just force the play myself. What i do in this situation is take control of my guy and do my best to hit stick the dude to drop it. If i get P.I. so be it. If i knock it out, i did what i wanted. If he still catches it, fuck the computer.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

user hit em

18. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I use a Firefox extension called DownloadHelper. When you go to a site with a video you just right click the icon and it lists the M4V or whatever EA uses as their format. You download it and upload it to youtube or whatever.

19. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Busted Coverage Penn State's Undoing

#4 Clemson 28
    #5 Penn State 21

After a back and forth game that saw Penn State leading all the way into the 4th quarter, it came down to the last two minutes of the game. PSU starting RB Moore got knocked out of the game in the second quarter and Redshirt Freshman Parham took over. Following a Clemson score, Penn State took it the length of the field behind the arm of McIntosh. On a 4th down, he hooked up with his TE Sutherland to get to the 30 yard line with just over a minute remaining. After pounding it up the gut and Clemson taking their TOs, Parham scored from 1 yard out to take the lead back 21-20 with 40 seconds remaining. After the kick went out of the back of the endzone Clemson came out in 4 wides. Coach BP, thinking he was going to go over the middle chose to call a zone. It was a big mistake as the safety didn't react fast enough and Ramsey went 80 yards for the score. Penn State got to the 50 and had 4th down with 5 seconds left. McIntosh's prayers weren't answered as the ball carried out of the back of the endzone.

-------------------------------

I was about to call a TO to call Cover 2 Man, but I didn't do it... DAMN IT!!!! I'm going to have to take a minute to get over this PAINFUL loss. :(

[​IMG]

Pretty much looked like this...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  20. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Tigers Win Home Opener:

"Tigers, FIGHT, FIGHT!" could be heard chanted throughout Death Valley. The fans did their best to rattle the Nittany Lions but to no avail. True Freshman Mike Curry and Clemson pulled off a hard fought win tonight, as they beat Penn St. 28-21. The offense started with the ball first but Curry made a very crucial mistake and it cost Clemson 7 points. Instead of keeping the ball and trying to get a yard or two Curry pitched it right to CB Dion Woods, who easily took it to the house. Down 7-0, Clemson methodically moved the ball into Penn St territory to only get a FG. They got the ball right back after a Penn St punt to only get anther FG. The offense finally got into the endzone after QB Mike Curry and Senior(RS) Garrett Jackson hooked up on a 36 yard TD. The offense went into halftime down 14-13. Nothing happened in the 3rd quarter but in the 4th quarter there was an explosion. Mike Curry lead the offense quickly down the field and scored off of a 42 yard pass to Sophomore(RS) WR Jared Williams. With taking the lead 20-14, Penn St scored yet again with 41 seconds on the clock. The Tigers felt they game was now over since they would have to travel 80 yards with zero timeouts and with 41 seconds left in the game. Clemson caught a huge break, Penn St's SS and CB got confused on coverage assignments. Curry saw it and pounced on it by hot routing Senior(RS) WR Steve Ramsey on a GO Route, which lead to an 80 TD reception. The offense racked up over 400 yards with 300 coming through the air.

The defense yet again clamped down on the passing game but could not contain the run allowing 185 yards on the ground. They did a lot better than what they did against Notre Dame but the big run plays keep biting them in the butt. They allowed a 71 yard TD run on a 3rd and long play before closing out the first half. And again in the 4th quarter Penn St drove down field to score another rushing TD. The young front seven did everything they could but the experienced OL from Penn St just flat out dominated them. Sophomore(RS) DT Jonathan Miller and true Freshman DE TJ Clark registered the defense's only sacks. Senior FS Freddie Hackett had the only interception which only lead to 3 points.

The defense played good enough to keep their offense in it but both had their hiccups. The old saying comes to mind, "sometimes it is better to be lucky than good." Clemson has a lot of work in front of them as they travel to the "Big House" in week 4 to take on the Michigan Wolverines.

FINAL SCORE: 28-21

GG BPHusker

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

oh happy birthday kasper

• Like Like x 1
  22. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

AH I misunderstood you last night, I thought you said it was a friend's birthday.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Happy Birthdays? In the OC? Oh hell no...This ain't no pillow fight conference...We dirty up in dis beast... I know -Cougars- is with me.

24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

You best believe it homie!