Season 6 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, May 16, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 6 Week 5

2014 Week 5

Next advance deadline is:
    Tues 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Auburn (34)
    2 Georgia
    4 Tennessee (really? they're ahead of UF who beat them 2 weeks ago)
    5 UF
    6 Clemson
    9 FSU
    11 LSU
    13 VaTech
    14 Maryland
    19 Virginia

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#11 LSU at #2 Georgia

Big SEC game as Georgia hosts LSU. Will the new head coach at LSU bring tears to all the fans standing in witness around the hedges this weekend?

#1 Auburn at #4 Tennessee

Huge game for Tennessee as they host #1 Auburn. A win this week could put them right back into the drivers seat for a BCS game. These two coaches have quite a history against one another so it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top as they matchup for the first time in the SEC.

#14 Maryland at #19 Virginia

UVA doesn't have a QB but that doesn't seem to matter as they continue to find ways to win. Led by a sensational HB, the Cavaliers will look to pound the rock on the ground and take a controlling lead in the ACC title race.

Player of the Week

Tenn QB Walter Rivas 21/34 384 yds 4 TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Player Pos Team
    U. Anderson QB Neb
    W. Robinson QB UGA
    E. Williams QB Clem
    T. Gay HB UVA

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

VT- 40
    Ole Miss- 13

Freshman sensation continued to wing the ball, but was once again very careless with 4 INT's to go with his 429yds 4 TD. Todays favorite target was Robinson who had 7 rec 178yds 2 TD. DE Webb recorded 3 sacks and CB Fry returned a fumble for the final TD. The Hokies host the Wolfpack of NCST next as they begin the meat of their ACC schedule.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Mwuhahaha! The voters like our uniforms
    I benched the QB i started the season with at #1. Rivas isnt as mobile as the other guy, but his arm is much better. Lets hope he plays like this against Auburn.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

They must be blind.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Says the guy who plays with Clemson in T1 :D

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

FSU - 42
    UNC - 35

Insane ending to this one. UNC missed a long FG with under a minute to play that would have given them a 3 point lead. FSU got within striking distance with about 30 seconds to play and this happens:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20125084

The slot receiver had then got hit and gave it right back to the Tar Heels.

Fortunatley, with about 20 seconds to go, the Seminole defense came up with some magic of their own:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20125070

What a game. Probably the most enjoyable game ive played against the CPU since I started playing 11 back in January.

Coach Jello left a pretty good team that the ACC will have to deal with, especially at home. Their starting tailback shreded my defense, with over 250 yards and 4 scores. We were lucky to get out of Chapel Hill with the W!!!

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Thus making me an expert on ugly jerseys.

8. GoGators

Those are two pretty crazy play sto happen in the waning seconds of the FSU UNC game. Wow.

As for Tennessee having good looking jersey's......I'm not sure what alternate realm you're living in. Unless of course creamsicles are your favorite food or when they rock the black I guess if you truly like Halloween that could work too.

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Auburn wins as time expires on their FG make

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th F
    AUB 7 10 7 10 34
    TENN 7 10 14 0 31

A back and forth game that saw 431 yards and 401 yards of total offense between the two teams. Tennessee Walter Rivas completed 14-17 for 233 yards with 3 TDs but left the game early in the 3rd quarter with an ACL sprain. Andrew Miller did enough to help his team win as he completed 17-23 for 315 with an INT. Matt Jones and Josh Arnold carried the rock for Auburn, Arnold going down for 2 qrts with an ACL sprain had 10 carries 59 yards 2 TDs and Jones had 13 carries 54 yards and 2 TDs.

Fast forward to 5:07 left in the ball game and Arnold rushed the game tying TD in. For the rest of the time it was a defensive game and field position where neither team wanted to lose the game. Auburn forced Tennessee in to a 61 yard FG try but Coach Max would call a TO and punt the ball into the endzone. Auburn would engineer a drive to set themselves up with a 32 yard FG with 0:04 left and after being iced twice, the kicker sent it through the uprights.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    AUB TENN
    Score 34 31
    First Downs 20 17
    Total Offense 431 401
    Rushes-Yards-TD 32-116-4 29-111-0
    Comp-Att-TD 17-23-0 18-24-4
    Passing Yards 315 290
    3rd Down 6-10 (60) 4-8 (50)
    4th Down 0-0 0-0
    Redzone-TD-FG 6-3-2 (83) 4-4-0 (100)
    Turnovers 1 1
    Fumble 0 1
    Interception 1 0
    Total Yards 535 551
    Punts-Avg 3-50.0 4-47.0
    Pen-Yards 1-10 0-0
    TOP 13:11 14:49

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

GG and nice write up Noles.

We've played 4 times now. Youve won 3/4 and every time it has been by 3 points.

I should have went for that FG lol

11. GoGators

Wow, nice game guys. I'm glad I don't have to worry about a team I beat being ranked higher than me and #1 now. Nice win Noles.

12. GoGators

LSU is on autopilot since they haven't scheduled their game with UGA yet.

13. GoGators

Florida takes down Arkansas 38-28. Arkansas' QB set a school record as he shredded the UF defense all day and the WR's looked like greased pigs with the tackling effort made by the UF secondary.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm pretty much done with this game...

not of any fault of dylan, he gave me a helluva game...well i gave him a helluva game, especially losing my freshman RB for 9 weeks for the whole game just about...

down 7, my QB has the ball and he's looking...moves to the right...looking looking...no one's open...so I head for the endzone...soon as I dive to get into the endzone, the ball JUST DROPS...he maybe got touched by a maryland defender who all he did was touch him...ball drops, no score, of course he recovers...

just sucked the little life I had for this game...terrible.

15. GoGators

Mo, I know the feeling. I'm at whits end with this game too. It just makes me more and more frustrated when I play it at all of the unrealistic BS that happens at an alarming rate. I've thrown about a dozen INTs in the Trifecta when trying to throw an on time in route where my WR has the DB burnt, but the DB power moonwalks/morphs around my WR to jump the pass and pick it off. I'm totally burnt out with ya. I'm finishing this season up and this game is getting thrown in the trash! hahaha Bring on `11 and some realistic locomotion already. (although I'm sure that will just create a whole new bag of issues)

But it's still better than watching Paul Pierce flop around like the pre-madona he is.

16. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

It's funny cuz I almost told you to play the cpu I'm so over this game. My OD, Hard4Yards, is pretty much dead and I don't really care cuz I'm so burnt out. I didn't take a break between '09 and '10 and I think that is coming back to haunt me.

That was a great game though. Of course it's always a great game to whoever wins those.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah Dylan. Again it was a great game besides that play. I likely wouldn't have won with how bad my QB is and my stud RB out with injury but that just plainer sucked!