Season 6 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 20, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

Advance Deadline: Tuesday 9 PM EST

Oshiomogho
    sawemoff
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    Steamer43
    Masler
    Gho5t9
    BPHusker
    Kasper

Welcome to Week 5!

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #17 North Carolina Tar Heels (1-2) ===============

Last week the Tar Heels were idle.

This week, the Tar Heels will host #11 Nebraska (3-0).

In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) CB Justin Paul has committed to North Carolina

=============== #6 Virginia Cavaliers (3-0) ===============

Last week, Virginia won 56-24 against Oklahoma (0-2).

This week, the Cavaliers travel to Ann Arbor to face the #1 Michigan Wolverines (3-0).

In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) CB Marcus Fry has committed to Virginia

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (3-0) ===============

Last week, Michigan won 41-22 against Clemson (2-1).

This week, the Wolverines will host #6 Virginia (3-0).

=============== #11 Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-0) ===============

Last week, Nebraska won 45-10 against Boston College (2-1).

This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Chapel Hill to face the #17 North Carolina Tar Heels (1-2).

=============== #14 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-2) ===============

Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.

This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (2-0) ===============

Last week, Wisconsin won 48-25 against NC State (0-3).

This week, the Badgers will host #16 Notre Dame (2-2).

=============== #7 Clemson Tigers (2-1) ===============

Last week, Clemson lost 41-22 against Michigan (3-0).

This week, the Tigers travel to Tallahassee to face the Florida State Seminoles (2-1).

=============== NC State Wolfpack (0-3) ===============

Last week, NC State lost 48-25 against Wisconsin (2-0).

This week, the Wolfpack will host Missouri (0-2).

=============== #23 Michigan State Spartans (2-2) ===============

Last week, Michigan State won 41-38 against Notre Dame (2-2).

This week, the Spartans will host Illinois (2-1).

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (1-1) ===============

Last week, Purdue won 42-17 against San Diego State (1-2).

This week, the Boilermakers travel to Piscataway to face the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (0-2).

=============== #13 Miami Hurricanes (3-1) ===============

Last week, Miami won 34-31 against Oregon (1-2).

This week, the Hurricanes are idle.

=============== Boston College Eagles (2-1) ===============

Last week, Boston College lost 45-10 against Nebraska (3-0).

This week, the Eagles travel to Winston-Salem to face the #19 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-0).

In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) CB Marcus Fry has committed to Virginia

2. fuzzyl0gic

Just one user game left, let's make this a fast week.

3. fuzzyl0gic

Had an epic game with Kasper, as always. Game summary coming soon.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Once you got that go ahead score (when I thought my safety would pick that ish off) I knew it was gonna be tough.. oh well OOC is all haha

5. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

OOC is all????? You get to the B1G and you just don't care about the ACC/B1G challenge anymore?????

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Haha look back, I always said that-- its how I feel good when i lose :/

Trust me, I'm upset we couldn't pull this one out

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

8. fuzzyl0gic

UNC Clinches Win with Running Attack and Stiff Defense
    UNC returned home in week 5 to face a familiar coach at a new school, and they brought their A game. Nebraska would receive the ball first, but they were forced to punt. It didn't take UNC long to turn the ball over, as Corey Burns had a pick 6 on the struggling Hank Hardy. Espinosa lifted the team up with a 74 yard rushing TD, he had an amazing game. Nebraska was forced to punt again, and UNC manged to respond with a FG. Nebraska scored a passing TD before the half, and stopped UNC from getting past the 50.
    In third quarter, UNC put up a TD on their opening drive. The defense forced an INT, and the Tar Heels managed to get a FG out of it to give them a 20-14 lead. Corey King made a huge play for the Cornhuskers on the next drive, he went deep to Mcdonald who made the catch with a defender grabbing for the ball in the air right next to him. He took it to the house for an 89 yard TD, and gave Nebraska the lead back. Hardy got intercepted for the fourth time in the game, and Nebraska made a FG. Hardy finally made a play against a stingy Cornhusker defense, finding Smith open on a streak. Smith took it all the way for a 67 yard TD, 27-24 UNC. Nebraska drove down the field in efforts to tie the game, but were held to a 4th and 2. They attempted to run it up the middle, but the HB was stuffed by UNC's dline. UNC hangs on to win this one by a FG. Great game Kasper, it'll be at your place next year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

It all starts with my center.. he's my worst o lineman.. luckily I have a STUD true frosh that will be good next year.

10. fuzzyl0gic

Yep, you lost the battle of the trenches in that one.

11. fuzzyl0gic

hornfaninbama you did a great job recruiting, hopefully now someone can finally take down the evil empire in Ann Arbor!

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

yeah, I knew the middle would suffer this year with that frosh redshirting.. better in the long run though

13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Hey man, no evil in Ann Arbor. Just a bunch of hard workers and a coaching staff using the John Calapari way of recruiting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Masler

Masler Moderator

#23 Michigan State - 51

Illinois - 41

Spartans hold off Illini

This was a hard fought game from beginning to end. Both teams would strike early and often. The first half ended with Illinois going up by 3, 20-17. They could have easily taken a larger lead but went 3 and out to start the second half and a beautiful (and lengthy) drive by MSU would help them regain the lead. The rest of the 3rd quarter would belong to MSU with a 75 yard burst from Mitchell followed immediately by a FR-TD. It was far from over though as MSU punched another score home with a 67 yard pass from Richard to Fowler to go up 45-27. Somehow Illinois would make a crazy comeback to only be down 48-41 with just minutes left, but poor play calling and execution left the Illini scratching their heads while MSU drilled two long FG's to win this one 51-41.

MSU welcomes the winning record at 3-2(1-0). Up next the Spartans welcome Nebraska as they hope for another crazy EL upset.

Stats

B. Richard - 22/31, 346 yards, 3 TD
    C. Mitchell - 21 Att, 167 yards, 2 TD
    D. Lee - 8 Rec, 114 yards, 2 TD
    D. Fowler - 3 Rec, 94 yards, TD
    R. Alvarez - 4 Tackles, 2 TFL, 2 FF (1 was on a 2pt conversion)

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I dont get how everyone hangs 50 on the cpu all the time.

16. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Clemson too much for Seminoles:

The Tigers finished up their mini 2-game road trip with a victory in Tallahassee today. Freshman QB Mike Curry had another horrible game throwing for only 96 yards, 0 TDs and 2 more interceptions. He has fallen back down to Earth after having a great start. With Curry struggling it paved the way for two more true Freshman players to shine. RBs Jeremy Mason and John Robison went off combining for 597 yards and 7 TDs. Mason got his chance when Junior(RS) RB Brandon Charles got injured in the 1st Quarter and never returned. Mason on 23 carries had 170 yards nad 4 TDs. With Robison not getting many touches at RB did the most damaged in the return game. He returned two kickoff returns and one punt. Clemson purely dominated the line of scrimmage and when the backups came in they worked them over even more.

The defense dominated forcing six turnovers, 4 fumbles and 2 interceptions, and also sacked the QB 9 times. True Freshman DE TJ led the assault with 5 tackles, a sack and 2 forced fumbles. A lot of people got game experience today as they entered in and played the entire second half. The Dline dominated forcing the QB to throw two interceptions to Senior FS Freddie Hackett and Junior(RS) David Barrett. They allowed 186 yards total and only gave up two third down conversions.

Clemson looked great will continue to do so against Georgia Tech at home next week.

FINAL SCORE 59-13

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

BC takes revenge to Kasper's old team with a 27-24 comeback win!

This game was tough... I got passed all over and i felt a lot of pressure. I scrambled for my life and only got 33 yards. But i passed for 411 and 3 TDs. Turnovers were the name of the game as i got two (fumble and a pick) while i had none. Chris Young had a day catching the ball but the star was Nick Dixon with a TD catch with :03 left to put me up. I got the ensuing 2 point conversion to go up by 3 just in case but this was a great win. I didn't save highlights because i'm at home and my internet likes to disconnect every 20 minutes so i didn't wanna risk it. I so badly wanted to save the last TD highlight though =[

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Do you remember any guys that did well for Wake? Just curious about ma boys.

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The QB did work. Also i felt pressure all day from your Dline. 90 and 94. I forget their names. Burley i think was 94

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

:)

I wonder who the QB was though... Perrish maybe?

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That's it! Dan Perrish. He was a man among boys.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Oh yeah, he gon be a stuuuud.

23. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 35
    Virginia 14

Michigan dominates Virginia in a game that was over after the first possession of the 2nd half. The Wolverines started out hot, going right down the field for a touchdown pass from Anthony Garcia. They followed it up with a big defensive stop, and another touchdown pass from Garcia. The defense got yet another stop, but was forced to punt after failing to get a 3rd and 1. Virginia would pick up a touchdown to make the lead 14-7, but Michigan would answer soon after with a score to go up 21-7. They would pick Virginia off and go up 28-7 with 5 seconds left in the half. They squibbed the kick and Virginia got down with just 1 second left, leaving them one play. They threw up a hail mary that was picked off by the safety who pitched the ball to the CB that was behind him because of the speed difference. Ali Parker almost took it the distance, but was tackled by the last line of defense for Virginia. Virginia would receive the ball in the 2nd half and quickly throw a pick 6 out of 5 wide to the freshman Justin Jude to give the Wolverines the lead 35-7. The coaches for Virginia looked defeated after that play and would run the ball every play they had it, chewing the play clock down to 1. Out of respect, the Michigan coaching staff felt it was the right thing to do and did the same thing. However, Virginia would then go for a 4th and 2 from the 5 and score off a touchdown pass with just over 2 minutes in the game, followed by an unsuccessful onside kick. Michigan would get a first down and kneel out the clock, but the coaches would not meet at midfield to offer a "good game" to one another. Michigan goes through the out of conference schedule undefeated, and gives the B1G 4 wins in the B1G/ACC challenge. Michigan would start conference play in search of a 6th straight conference title after beating it's 3rd straight top 10 opponent.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

That a fuckkin boy

25. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

dam Michigan going to the NC or wait can Kasper stop them:cool: