Season 6 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 21, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

Advance Deadline: Thursday 9 PM EST

Oshiomogho
    sawemoff
    UofCWildcat
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    Steamer43
    Masler
    Gho5t9
    BPHusker
    Kasper

Welcome to Week 6!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #13 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-2) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 27-24 against Nebraska (3-1).
    This week, the Tar Heels are idle.

=============== #11 Virginia Cavaliers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia lost 35-14 against Michigan (4-0).
    This week, the Cavaliers are idle.

=============== #1 Michigan Wolverines (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 35-14 against Virginia (3-1).
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE James Quinn has committed to Michigan

=============== #16 Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska lost 27-24 against North Carolina (2-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to East Lansing to face the #18 Michigan State Spartans (3-2).

=============== #14 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-2) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Indiana (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Simon Miller has committed to Florida

=============== #2 Wisconsin Badgers (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 34-31 against Notre Dame (2-3).
    This week, the Badgers will host #21 Boston College (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE James Quinn has committed to Michigan

=============== #6 Clemson Tigers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 59-13 against Florida State (2-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host Georgia Tech (1-2).

=============== NC State Wolfpack (0-4) ===============
    Last week, NC State lost 49-17 against Missouri (1-2).
    This week, the Wolfpack will host Florida State (2-2).

=============== #18 Michigan State Spartans (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Michigan State won 51-41 against Illinois (2-2).
    This week, the Spartans will host #16 Nebraska (3-1).

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Purdue won 24-17 against Rutgers (0-3).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to South Bend to face the #19 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Joel Griffin has committed to Purdue

=============== #12 Miami Hurricanes (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Hurricanes were idle.
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to College Park to face the Maryland Terrapins (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Kyle McDaniel has committed to Miami

=============== #21 Boston College Eagles (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Boston College won 27-24 against Wake Forest (3-1).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Madison to face the #2 Wisconsin Badgers (3-0).

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Kasper. What's your schedule looking like?

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Free all day tomorrow after 3pm central basically-- busy tonight

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Alright. Since tomorrow is Ash Wed. I'm not sure if I will be off having dinner with the family so I will have to let you know then.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

let me know, numbers 605-350-1003 just let me know when you can run

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Ugh... a few minutes into this game and i'm beyond pist. Pass committed agaisnt at least 50% and i got stripped after a pick again. Fuck this game

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Same game, different user. My defense plays great and then gives up 1 or 2 big plays while my offense is anemic which i accredit to Pass Committing. But it's in the game.

9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I accidentally called the wrong playbook on offense and it really threw me off. but they played well enough. and yes, i pass commit on predicted pass plays. heck, it was probably over 50% but when you run a spread offense, i expect you to pass the ball. I get burned a lot when people run against the pass commit but you only ran 12 times and i think most of that was in the 4th quarter after you were just playing to make it to the finish.
    As you said tho, the talent gap on the field was apperant. I dont know how but half the time it felt like Rogers was running into all your defenders and they wouldnt tackle him. He pounded out for a nice 95 yard day. Only 242 team yards vs his 206.

• Like Like x 1
  10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Exactly... Rodgers was a man among boys. Which seems to be everyone's star player vs my D

11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Clemson roughs up Georgia Tech:

The Tigers put on a clinic on how to run the ball today. Nine players had at least one carry and they combined for 272 yards on 38 attempts, with 5 TDs and while averaging 7 yards a pop. The OL paved the way time after time for the QB, RBs, and WRs. Freshman RB Jeremy Mason and Junior(RS) RB Brandon Charles lead the attack and could not stop. Mason barely missed the century mark but was able to get into the endzone twice from 9 and 1 yard out. Again Freshman RB John Robison ran back another kickoff, but got badly injured when he got light up on the sideline on his next return. Robison broke his ribs and will be out for the next 3 weeks, so lets hope for a speedy recovery. Freshman QB Mike Curry played pretty well throwing for 159 yards, 2 TDs and only 1 INT.

A lot of guys got some quality playing time on defense as they stopped the Georgia Tech offense. The young DL is coming on and is getting to the QB, and plugging up holes. Sophomore(RS) DE Brad Moore, Sophomore(RS) DT Jonathan Miller, and Freshman(RS) DT Teddy Floyd all had 2 sacks a piece as they just tore through the Yellow Jackets front five. Junior SS Jeremy Hutchinson added another pick to the season, and was able to setup the offense for a easy short yardage TD. Late in the 4th Freshman MLB Luke Smith lit up the RB forcing a fumble and Freshman SS Tyler Johnson was there to pick it up and score the last Clemson TD of the game. The defense is still struggling at times but they are starting to gel well.

Next week Clemson faces off with Virginia Tech at Lane Stadium in Blacksburg, Virginia.

FINAL SCORE: 63-23

12. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Wow! I finally have a game again... :p I will play it after work.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

People will still be open vs pass commit, the defenders just play the ball a hell of a lot better from what I can tell.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Are you available soon? like within the next 30?

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nebraska Earns Gritty Win in East Lansing 31-28

Pesky Michigan State would not go away at home vs the Cornhuskers, and Big Red needed everything in the tank to pull this one out. The Nebraska rush defense was again pitiful vs a user, as MSU RB Mitchell racked up 244 yards on 22 attempts and a couple TDs. Cory King led Nebraska again going 18-24 for 178 yards and 2 scores in the air, while also racking up 83 yards with sacks and QB kneels included on the ground. King also found the endzone once on the ground on a nice 37 yard read option. Freshman Jeremy Turner turned in a solid 100 yard game as well.

These teams combined for 42 points in the fourth quarter, so that should let you know how crazy this game was. Nebraska converted a fourth down with about 40 seconds left to let them run the clock out the rest of the game.

GG Masler , but really, don't ever run that goalline option shit against me again around midfield- its bullshit and pissed me off probably more then it should. I knew the only reason it was being ran is because it gave you a chance to get around the edge off that BS option play from it.

But again, it was good game and look forward to the next one.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

I apologize about that again, I don't like to run the option so I wasn't even aware it was goal line. I was surprised Richard even got as far as the edge. But this game was crazy and it looks like we could have just as crazy of a rivalry beginning. The two game changers was that FR-TD and the 4th down conversion.

GG

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thanks for understanding, and I think you get my point haha. I really do look forward to this rivalry-- game changer for me was when you got that fumble after I converted a tough 3rd down I think.

Alas, good game and good day sir.

19. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Defense, Special Teams and Moore the Story in PSU Win

#14 Penn State 51
    Indiana 14

Indiana knew they were in for a long day after their FG in their opening drive was short and Robinson took it 100 yards for a touchdown. Penn State didn't take the foot off the gas, with the RBs racking up 308 yards on the ground and 3 TDs. Ryan Moore had a great day rushing for 228 yards and 1 TD, while backup Parham ran for 48 yards and 2 TDs. Other than the running backs, McIntosh had a horrible game, throwing just under 150 yards and two horrible picks. The defense, on the other hand, played well again - getting in the Indiana QBs face all day; sacking him 4 times. The PSU defense gave up a ton of yards against Indiana's hurry up offense sponsored by Cheetos, but they toughened up when they approached the red zone.

20. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Kasper has the worst option defense I've ever seen.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

nice to see your alive

22. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I decided to spend all sunday in watching the combine. Thoughts of the combine reminded me of football. Thoughts of football reminded me of NCAA 12. Thoughts of NCAA 12 reminded me of Orange Crush.... and here I am trolling hard.

• Like Like x 2