Season 6 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 27, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Wednesday 9 PM EST

sawemoff
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    Steamer43
    Masler
    Gho5t9
    BPHusker
    Kasper
    UofCWildcat

Philstyle3005 I just noticed you're at 5 :5stars: signings, so no more for you in the offseason (3 + 1 for winning CCG, +1 for winning NC). I'm thinking of revamping that rule, I don't know how a BC type program can ever keep up. Sick, sick class.

-Cougars- Everything ok on your end? I had to sim your CPU game, but you had 3 days to play it.

Good luck!

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #6 North Carolina Tar Heels (4-2) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 32-27 against Clemson (5-2).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host Georgia Tech (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB James Gates has committed to Georgia
    - (****) RG Justin Crawford has committed to Oklahoma
    - (*****) WR Joseph Jones has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia lost 45-24 against Georgia Tech (2-4).
    This week, the Cavaliers will host NC State (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Marcus Wilkerson has committed to Wake Forest
    - (****) LOLB Brad Clark has committed to Virginia

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 34-7 against Michigan State (3-5).
    This week, the Wolverines will host #21 Northwestern (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB James Davis has committed to Miami
    - (****) LE Corey Campbell has committed to Michigan
    - (*****) HB Kareem Chase has committed to Michigan

=============== #10 Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 20-17 against Purdue (2-4).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to Iowa City to face the #16 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Marcus Merrill has committed to Louisville
    - (****) LE Chase Gatewood has committed to Oregon

=============== #14 Penn State Nittany Lions (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 24-20 against Wisconsin (6-0).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) HB Jacob Watson has committed to Oklahoma
    - (*****) HB Nathan McDowell has committed to Connecticut
    - (****) RT Marcus Parsons has committed to Oregon

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 24-20 against Penn State (3-3).
    This week, the Badgers will host Minnesota (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Mike Dawson has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #11 Clemson Tigers (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Clemson lost 32-27 against North Carolina (4-2).
    This week, the Tigers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Reynaldo Scott has committed to Clemson
    - (****) LE Shaun Patterson has committed to Clemson

=============== NC State Wolfpack (1-5) ===============
    Last week, NC State won 55-52 against Boston College (3-3).
    This week, the Wolfpack travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers (3-3).

=============== Michigan State Spartans (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Michigan State lost 34-7 against Michigan (6-0).
    This week, the Spartans are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Marlon Gatewood has committed to Michigan State
    - (***) RT Joe Smith has committed to Kansas State
    - (****) HB Kerry Davis has committed to Michigan State

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (2-4) ===============
    Last week, Purdue lost 20-17 against Nebraska (5-1).
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Columbus to face the #19 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Michael Bryant has committed to Illinois

=============== #9 Miami Hurricanes (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Miami won 34-33 against Virginia Tech (1-6).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (0-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C David Chandler has committed to Duke
    - (****) FS Cory McIntire has committed to UCF
    - (***) LE Alonzo Gilbert has committed to USF
    - (*****) HB James Davis has committed to Miami

=============== Boston College Eagles (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Boston College lost 55-52 against NC State (1-5).
    This week, the Eagles will host Virginia Tech (1-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Isaiah Gray has committed to Rutgers

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Because i'm now on the list of two 4 stars, one 5 star, and will probably get all 3. <3

And if i put 100 on Va Tech i'm sorry. My passing game may go god mode like the computer :mad:

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm seriously about to quit. This game is fucking bullshit. Out of no where AGAIN, a shit team decided they were going to go super human. I got sacked EIGHT TIMES IN THE FIRST QUARTER. I super simmed it after that because it's not fun. I can't do anything because Va Tech decided they were going to win.

4. fuzzyl0gic

Haha, I feel the same way about my game with GT. I just the shit kicked out of me, 50-32. I couldn't stop them. They sacked me nearly every pass play (aggressive pass rush), I'm very tempted to knock it back down to AA with sliders.

• Like Like x 1
  5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Please? I quit against gt because literally they got unrealistic pressure on my team and there dbacks were just making unrealistic plays on almost everydown so to spare the life of my 9th controller i quit and took the sim.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fuzzyl0gic

Ah I was wondering, yeah man they were INSANE.

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I felt like I was seriously going to lose to Va Tech because of they were just coming right through my line. I was down for almost 3 quarters before finally getting something going. On defense they slaughtered me with ridiculous catches and if you go back and look at the video I posted on the EA site, they totally screwed me when I forced a fumble.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

THANK GOD I"M NOT THE ONLY ONE! Ugh... I just really am pissed off because i had EVERY recruit at this game and wish i had a fair game for it...

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Please don't fucking revert to AA... that said:

Iowa Springs Upset on #10 Huskers 38-17

Nebraska walked into a fired up Kinnick Stadium and left dazed and confused. Iowa was up 21-0 at the break, and Nebraska just couldn't climb back in. Big Red got a huge 81 yard touchdown from Brandon Smith right after halftime, but Iowa turned right around and scored again, thanks to a huge catch by a Hawkeye receiver in which he made a miraculous diving catch on a big 3rd down.

Cory King played alright, going 19-37 for 289 yards and 1 TD, but tossed two costly interceptions. Adrian Williams had to fill in for injured freshman Jeremy Turner, and had a solid 49 yards on 8 attempts.

*sigh* was a tough game, but win some and lose some. This wasn't an undefeated national title capable team, but we still control our own destiny in the road to the CCG.

10. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I never knew we are allowed to quit games im not saying i will start doing that but im just wondering

11. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Took a sim i could understand if i restarted but i knew i wasnt going to do that.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Assuming you lost the sim? still not cool imo....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Would be cool if we could just disable gameplanning...

• Like Like x 1
  14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I lost the sim 24-45, not complaining about it.

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Seriously... It's beyond annoying even in user games. Also wish they're take out the Run/Pass Commits. And I looked and my game didn't save. SMDH. This game never ceases to amaze me.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Good man

Lucky you -- but passing is too easy in this game as is so I hope they don't ditch pass commit. Its easy to convert 3rd and 10+ as it is, no need for passing to be any easier.

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Passing is easy? Teach me your ways because passing is a bitch in this game

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

For some I should say, a lot of people I think just resort to money plays vs the CPU because no one will know. I'm not saying anyone in this league, but I don't have enough trust in people nowadays to believe everyone plays sim against the CPU.

But thats a whole nother thing...

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

In my game vs Va Tech i had to run screens an entire drive because i was getting sacked so much. And even on screens i had no time. I got sacked on two of them. And funny thing i remember, I was sacked 8 times in the first quarter; after i super simmed the rest, i wasn't sacked at all.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

1) IDGAF how bad the pressure is, you should never.ever.ever "run screens an entire drive".ever.ever.

2) Of course you're not going to have time on screen plays.

Cmon man, you chose that offense- deal with it. I understand your frustration, but just deal with it. I wasn't happy with my game either, but I lost and can't do nothin about it.

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I just don't know how i can go and beat Oregon then lose two weeks in a row to teams who were a combined 1-11. It's just silly. And at that point i did that it was my last drive before the super sim. I just didn't really care after i got raped out of no were. Didn't seem too cool. I love this offense but for some reason i have 0 time in the pocket against shit teams.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Its the gotdamn cpu.. once in a while they really show up on you. Obviously the Oregon game the CPU didn't come out "100%" as I like to call it. I'm a firm believer the CPU doesn't play "hard" once in a while and then will do shit like happened to me, you and fuzzy this week where they are just playing lights out and there is a good chance you will lose unless you have the talent to just tell the CPU "No" -- see Philstyle3005 for example. I'm not knocking his stick skills, because I believe he is the best user in this league, but he has the talent where even if he is off he has the talent to go toe-to-toe with the CPU no matter how it is playing. Players like me and you have a few players on, for example defense, that the CPU can truck/stiff arm/juke at "will" whereas a higher overall will tackle the CPU anyways. All of that is fine and dandy because it is truly based on ratings, I'm just saying the talent gap really shines through on Heisman-- which is good.

23. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I'll say this about my Northwestern game. In the 1st half, they broke a lot of tackles, ran a hell of a lot of over effective draws, and did nothing but slants and curl routes as far as the passing game went. When I started to get a lead on them, which was the start of the 2nd half, they completely changed their game and it looked like they started playing terrible.

I've noticed that in a lot of games against the CPU though. They'll play me completely different one half, than the other. I'm not sure if the CPU plays differently depending on momentum, leads, or what. I can't figure it out. But there was a noticeable difference between Northwestern in the 1st half and the 2nd half.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Maybe Shaun Mason can elaborate? IDK I'm honestly curious here Shaun because the CPU is sporadic it seems. Just curious if EA every touched on it.

25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I have a theory for this, it involves the use of gameplanning by the CPU.

• Like Like x 1