Season 7 (2017) - Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Cheez, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

9 cpu games week 2 - should be interesting for us to all gauge our teams here at the same time...

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Bruins go into Athens, Georgia and win an ugly game against the Bulldogs, 10-0. A defensive struggle to say the least. UCLA managed 168 total yards with their new and improved offense. That seemed like a ton compared to Georgia's 21 yards of total offense. UCLA had 8 first downs while the Bulldogs managed just one. Both teams had the turnover bug as well, with Georgia throwing 4 picks and the Bruins tossing 3 of their own.

UCLA starting QB Bernard Russ was knocked of the game early and will miss at least the next 8 weeks. Both Senior Jake Schroeder and Freshman Gerren Wilson saw playing time throughout the rest of the contest, with Schroeder looking like the odds on starter for the time being.

As I said, an ugly win, but on the road against the SEC, we'll take it. The Bruins head home to take on Ohio State next week. Say your prayers for the Bruins in that one!

UCLA Stats
    QB Jake Schroeder 9/12 107 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    QB Bernard Russ 1/4 6 Yards
    QB Gerren Wilson 1/5 15 Yards, 0 TD, 2 INT's
    HB Jamaal Harvey 13 Carries, 52 Yards
    WR Clifton Sanders 3 Catches, 45 Yards
    WR Chance Doucette 2 Catches, 26 Yards, 1 TD
    OLB Mike Matthews 6 Tackles, 4 Solo, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
    SS Vincent Moss 2 Tackles, 2 INT's, 1 DEFL

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Michigan St. 32
    Alabama 0

MSU avenged last year’s lopsided loss to Alabama by going on the road and getting a huge shutout. The offense will take a while to improve because AJ Gordon must throw to a bunch of freshmen receivers. Gordon won the job as Jeremiah Lane just couldn’t get a pass off. Lane was sacked 4 times in 1 quarter of play and was only able to throw 1 pass, an incompletion. Gordon had 209 passing yards and 3 TD, but threw 2 picks. Senior TE Kevin Alexander may be Gordon’s favorite target with these true freshmen still figuring out their roles. Alexander caught 3 passes, 2 for TD’s. CB Jason Woods had a good game, intercepting 2 passes while having a productive day returning punts.

AJ Gordon (QB)- 18-30 for 209 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT
    Ryan Keith (HB)- 7 carries for 39 yards
    Brian Bryan (HB)- 13 carries for 76 yards
    Kevin Alexander (TE)- 3 receptions for 39 yards, 2 TD
    Paul Green (OLB)- 9 tackles, 2 TFL, sack
    Jason Woods (CB)- tackles, 2 INT

4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Nebraska 24
    Auburn 0

The Steven White Era starts off with a bang as Nebraska downs #6 Auburn at home 24-0 , keeping them from even sniffing the endzone all game. In a game where everyone was looking at new QB, HB Buck Anderson stole the show, with 19 Carries 135 yards and 1 TD he showed he is ready to fill the shoes of departed campus legend Mark Mackey. QB Steven White finished the day 15-26 215 yards, 1 TD and 2 Ints.

The Coaching staff was pleased with his performance, 1 int was a hail mary at the end of the first half and the other was a tipped pass. He connected with WR Bryan Larson 7 times and hit TE Nick Ham on a beautiful flag route right into the endzone for his first TD pass. Both offensive lines were bad and gave up 4 sacks but one team was able to overcome it while the other wasn't.

Next up another bye week as they prepare to host Boise State.

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sun Devils Kick-Off the Season with Win
    Top NIU 28-7

Northern Illinois took a 7-0 lead in the first quarter after methodically driving down the field. Following an Arizona State interception, the Huskies were poised to extend the lead when HB Stan Ramirez fumbled. Arizona St. would recover the fumble and take all the momentum, scoring the game's last 28 points. It took a while for the Sun Devils to get things going, but once Freshman QB Cory Malone settled down the offense began to move the ball. Malone connected twice for touchdown in the 2nd quarter, first to TE Dee Jenkins from 16 yards out, then with WR Noah Easley from 24. The Arizona State defense also began to tighten up in the 2nd quarter, preventing the Huskies from reaching the red zone for the remainder of the game. The second half saw the Arizona State running game begin to establish itself as the NIU defensive line began to tire. Impact HB Charles Mills took advantage, rushing for 159 yards on 15 carries. The Sun Devils would put the game away in the 4th quarter with a couple of rushing touchdowns that concluded time consuming drives.

QB Cory Malone - 9/18, 94 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
    HB Charles Mills - 15 carries, 159 yards
    TE Dee Jenkins - 3 receptions, 39 yards, 1 TD
    LE Pedro Brown - 5 tackles, TFL, sack
    CB Ryan Rutledge - 2 tackles, 2 FF, 2 PD
    P Mark Dickens - 4 punts, 53 avg, 49 net avg

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

WSU 38
    G. Tech 17

The Cougars defense played awesome forcing five turnovers and scoring on three of them. The first occurred in the third quarter when FS Daniel Brown picked up a fumble on a muffed option play and took it 29 yards for a score. In the fourth quarter CB Eric Miller picked off a pass and took it 57 yards for the score, tying the game at 17-17 a piece. Then after WSU QB Casey Mills threw a seven yard TD pass to TE Beau "All I Catch Are TD Passes" Bush to give the Cougars the lead with less than 80 seconds remaining in the game, DE Kelvin Smith picked up a fumble and rumbled 17 yards for the score making it 31-17. After stopping GT, WSU refused to take a knee and Mills threw his second TD pass of the game.

Generally, I don't run it up, but I was F'NG PISSED this morning. No matter how many files we use, I have the same conclusion the game is out to get Washington State. I recruited a fast running back, Matt Moore (94 SPD, 85 ACC, a couple of seasons ago, redshirted him last season, and on the first F'NG PLAY of the game he breaks his F'NG ARM or something and is out for 8 weeks. Then compound that with GT jumping out to a 17-0 lead to start the game, it just unbelievable.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

PSU 52
    FSU 27

Penn St Starts Slow but Finishes Strong

Took a bit for PSU to find its identity on defense. On offense McBride got the start over Sellers. McBride looked strong but still missed a few more open WRs than his coach could tolerate. This seasons playing time will likely go to the hottest hand, and with the QBs going 4 deep on the roster who knows where the playing time will go. Greg Hill looked stellar in his few carries. He is poised to be an extremely explosive player, but with no depth at HB coach whygod will be using him sparingly. The player to watch this season will be WR Ed Hall. Hall comes into his senior season already the Penn st record holder for career TDs, but the end of the season he may well hold every Penn st receiving record and possibly a few NCAA records. He got off to a good start with 7 catches for 160 yards and 2 TDs.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

9. gowazzucougs

The game F'NG BS

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I figured that would be your response

11. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

IFlorida 31 @ Cal 24

This game was heading the way of the Golden Bears, with a 3-0 lead and a 4th and 3 from the 34 yard line of Florida. The decision was to tack 3 more points on the board, although it was a risk as it was the freshman kicker's 2nd try ever in college. From 51 yards, he hit the crossbar, and suddenly momentum was wearing a Florida Jersey. 3 out of the next 4 Gator possessions ended in tds, and Cal was struggling to move the ball behind the erratic arm of Bonner, the senior 1st year starter at qb.

And then finally the reigning returner of the year, Steve Gordon, gave the Bears some life flying untouched through a group of defeners and then taking it down the left sideline for 6. Bonner then connected on the next drive on a deep pass to speedster Sam Patterson, resulting in a td to make it 21-17 late in the 3rd. The the Bears were primed to start the 4th qtr with momentum. But after a 3 and out, Gordon tried to do too much and got stripped on the punt return setting up the Florida touchdown that really killed the Bears chances of coming back. Cal really competed still and even had a chance to tie it, but Bonner missed receivers on the final drive, as he had all day and Cal was sent out of their own stadium with a loss.

Coach Jayrah: "We thought Bonner was the better choice with his senior status, and we know it was his first start, but we missed 3 or 4 touchdowns that gou can't miss. Omar Smith will get the start against Michigan State. I liked our fight overall, but we can't play the same on defense as we did last year. We just don't have the corners to do it, but we'll figure it out. We'll get better this week and come ready against MSU."

12. gowazzucougs

WSU 17
    Colorado 27

Colorado relies on the big play to defeat Washington State. Colorado's running back, Brandon Bates rushed for over 200 yards and scored two touchdowns. His TD runs were from 41 and 47 yards out. In addition the Buffaloes scored on a 72 yard TD pass from Shaun Leonard to Zach McKenzie. All of this occurring in the first half. WSU was able to score points in the first half, scoring on a 57 yard TD pass from Casey Mills to Mark Palmer, and then on a 3 yard TD pass from Mills to Daniel Smith. However, for most of the game the Cougar offense just couldn't move the ball consistently leading to this stunning defeat.

13. gowazzucougs

As I waste my afternoon away at work, I was looking at the scores so far in the PAC-12 and I think USC would like Dru50 back at the helm. They lost to a FCS School 28-0. While the Huskies after going 0fer last season including a loss to a FCS School, got some revenge beating a FCS School 63-10.

• Like Like x 1
  14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

How the hell does a team like USC lose to an FCS school. I know they are still rated very high...they were beast on CPU last year.

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That's what happens when you lose the best coach EVER.

16. gowazzucougs

I don't know, FCS East (There is more than one) beat Arizona and USC. Apparently we should give them a shot at Stanford.

17. Cheez

im open to that challenge ;)

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

They didnt lose him, he QUIT :p

19. Cheez

I choose to believe that he saw Stanford rising as a juggernaut, and got out of dodge while the gettin' was good :D

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Keep dreaming sunshine!

21. Cheez

i plan to. now stop quoting my posts and let me sleep!

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No

• Like Like x 1
  23. gowazzucougs

I would bet about anything if Dru came back tomorrow, he would beat your team this season. I am just saying

• Like Like x 1
  24. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nah, I just got tired of kicking your monkey ass up and down the field every season. I needed a new challenge.:)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Cheez

Let me guess, the one time I beat you, you "let" me win to help my self-esteem? :p