Season 7 Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Mar 18, 2012.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Post up in here guys...

2. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

WSU Outscores Hawai'i to Move to 1-0
    WSU 59 - Hawai'i 38

This game was high flying and fast paced, but it was only 7-7 going into the 2nd quarter. Then the real scoring began... WSU had already outscored Hawai'i 17-3 with only 50+ seconds left in the half, but the Warriors returned the kickoff 96 yards for a TD to bring them within 7 and only 47 seconds left in the half. On the next kickoff, WSU returned the kick for a TD to extend the lead back to 14. Hawai'i got the 2nd half kick, but threw an INT and WSU scored on a 28 yard pass from Rogers to Ross, then 2 plays later EJ Irons returned an INT for a TD to give WSU a 28 point cushion. After another WSU TD, Hawai'i got another score of their own, then tried for an onside kick, down 28, but WSU recovered and ran the ball consistently down the field for another score to put the game out of reach. Hawai'i would score, recover an onside kick and score again, but WSU recovered to last onside attempt, and just ran out the clock to give the final score of 59-38. Not a lot of defense in week 1, but the Cougar offense looked good with true freshman RB Tyrone Baker running 24 times for 140 yards and 3 TD's, and he added 2 catches for 28 yards and another TD for a stellar debut.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

utep.PNG
    UGA Wins Opener
    Uga used it's defense to win its opener 24-17 over UTEP in Athens today. UTEP took advantage of 3 UGA turnovers that led to all 17 of their points. UGA was in position to score each time when the turnovers (2 fumbles and 1 interception) occurred. UGA was led by Matt McDonolds game high 93 yards rushing. UGA junior QB Cole Evans threw for 190 yards and 1 INT. He was plagued by 5 dropped passes. "We've got to take care of the football. It's simple. I'm proud of our defense. They gave up some points but they were handed a short field. We can't do this and compete with the big boys." The dawgs will be back in action next week as they host TEXAS.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

Penn State had one heck of a game to kick off the new season as they hosted the #3 ranked LSU Tigers in Happy Valley. The game was listed as the game of the week, The PSU students called for the WhiteOut and it sure did not disappoint.
    [​IMG]
    The first half was a "feeling out" party for both teams as they traded FGs. LSU drove deep into PSU territory, but the Nittany Lion defense held and forced another LSU FG for a 6-3 Tiger lead. On the ensuing drive Penn State JR Redshirt QB Jonathan Brown drove PSU to the LSU 12 yard line. PSU attempted a chip shot FG, but SR Kicker Kirk Reddick pulled the kick far left as time expired and the half ended 6-3 in favor of the visitors.
    Things would certainly be different in the second half. Penn State got the only TD of the 3rd Quarter to take a 10-6 lead, but LSU was far from done. The Tigers have a great running game that kept the Nittany Lions on their collective toes all game. The running game set up LSU's first TD as the Lions D bought a great play fake from the Tigers QB who lofted a screen pass to the LSU RB for a 31 yd score and a 13-10 LSU lead.
    The teams traded 3 and outs on their next possessions with LSU's punt pinning the PSU offense deep at their own 8 yard line. After picking up a 1st down, Brown threw an ill advised pass that was right to an LSU defender, who returned it 36 yards for a TD and an all important 19-10 LSU lead, but the extra point was blocked by OLB Rob Wyatt.
    [​IMG]
    Wyatt's blocked Extra Point
    PSU was in dire straits with 2 minutes left, but down by 2 scores. Redshirt FR WR Jon Fellows broke free in the Tiger secondary and Brown found him for a 78 yard TD (The first of Fellow's career) which cut the lead to 19-17.
    The Nittany Lion defense stepped up again forcing a 3 and out and perserving 2 timeouts for the offense. A combination of Brown and RS Soph. Curtis Richard (an injury replacement for Andrew Clayton) led the Lions down the field in the last 1:30 when Richard scored on a 4-yd TD run for PSU to take a 23-19 lead, 2 pt conversion failed. The PSU defense held on for the victory and a great start to the season.
    The Lions Den:
    • The game was not all good news as PSU's All American RB Andrew Clayton dislocated his elbow and is feared to be out 4-6 weeks.
    • PSU's defense recorded 7 sacks
    • John Jacques recorded 3 REC, for 41 yards in his debut
    Penn State travels to Nevada next week for a non-conference game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Michigan dominated the real school in Ohio 52-10 thanks to an unbelievable day by Junior QB Derek Mann, bringing back memories of Denard Robinson.

Mann finished the day with nearly 200 yards passing, over 200 yards rushing, and accounted for 5 TD's.

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Michigan moves to 2-0 thanks to Andy Ramsey's 120 yards and 3 TD's and Derek Mann's 250 total yards and 2 TD's. Mann also completed 100% of his passes, going a perfect 10 for 10 for 175 yards and the 1 TD.​
    Michigan's defense allowed only 200 total yards to the Thundering Herd, who proved no match for the Wolverines in Ann Arbor. ​

7. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

View attachment 8723 UGA Wins over #8 Texas 28-27
    The Dawgs stopped a two point attempt with 10 seconds to play to hang on to a win over top ten Texas at home. "That was a damn good game. I've got all the respect in the world for coach Hate Me, but I'm glad we were on the right side this time." Both teams stayed balanced throughout the game and had very similar stats. UGA had to turn to back up QB David Simmons after starter Cole Evans was lost to injury in the first half. "We actually have a different package for Simmons. We ran the option for a score. If Evans is in, we probably don't call that play." UGA was led in rushing by Kevin Scruggs' 109 yards on 9 carries. Special teams played a big role as Texas returned a punt 87 yards for a TD only to be answered a 101 yard TD return by UGA's Jimmy Stratton. Texas had another punt return TD negated by a clipping call. UGA attempted to pressure Texas with their 3-4 blitz packages, but found Texas QB Morrow too hard to bring down. "I don't know how many times we hit him and he got away. We only finished with one sack." UGAs schedule doesn't get any easier as they host #9 South Carolina next week.

UPDATE: QB Cole Evans will be out 6 weeks with broken ribs. images (17).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

TROJANS WIN SHOOTOUT IN BOISE 56-41​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got down 21-0 out of the gate as my QB seemed to think the defenders were intended receivers. Something weird happened in this game after being down 7-0 I stopped forced the Bronco offense into attempting a 63 yard FG. I went into FG return and as my returner caught the ball at the 3 yard line he just casually flips it behind his back as if he called fair catch, as the play call screen came up I was on defense! The game gave the ball back to Boise State who promptly scored a touchdown, and after another INT I was furious as well as behind 21-0. I sat my qb for one series refocused on the running game and won by 2 TDs. I know its hard to win on the road in this game but talk about home field advantage!​

9. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Notre Dame Media Blackout

McBride1.jpg

For some reason, I can't seem to get anything usable to upload. I'll get back to posting my regular summaries once I find a way not to freeze every time I exit a game. I had a play in the BYU game that I really wanted to upload - I got hit and spun in the backfield, juked a couple guys, and housed a 45 yarder. It was cool, but it didn't upload.

Are there any fixes out there? Post in a new thread if there are, because this is getting annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

sent you a pm dude but guys i am out for 3 weeks or so not able to play my ps3 until then

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

No idea how to fix.... It's completely random when I'm able to upload.

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

That sucks man, hope everything is OK.

Can you please go into auto so I can play our game.

13. Goose

Goose Walk On

I quit trying to even upload vids, it got to be everytime I'd upload even 1 vid it would freeze up.

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

After holding Oregon to 10 points all game I lost to Oregon in the 5th ot in what was the stupidest game I have played in along time. Sometimes the CPU will not be beat regardless of what you do.

15. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

unlucky man surely someone has to beat the ducks soon though lol

16. bdub

bdub Walk On

Lol you have a hell of a team

17. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

i did last year lol

not quite as good this year but still a few weapons

18. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Penn State Nittany Lions traveled to Nevada to take on the #18 ranked Nevada Wolf Pack. Although the Wolf Pack were heavy underdogs, they did not play that way. It took 2 TDs and a 2 point conversion in the 4th Quarter for PSU to sneak out with a win.
    [​IMG]
    Campbell's diving 4th Quarter TD
    Penn State really missed their All-American HB Andrew Clayton in this game as the Lions leading rusher had only 37 yards rushing.
    [​IMG]
    The Lions Den
    • Penn State lost another HB to injury. Back-up HB Curtis Richard was injured in the 1st Quarter and is out 3 weeks with a strained Pectoral muscle. This puts PSU down to their 3rd string HB Nate Calhoun
    • True Freshman WR John Jacques is continuing to impress. Jacques had 6 catches for 164 yards and 2 TDs
    Penn State is Idle next week

19. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Nevada just whooped my ass. No Derek Mann. Knocked out my HB Andy Ramsey too...

20. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

Nevada is no joke.... I was definitely guilty of overlooking them. I was VERY lucky to get the win

21. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

WSU Smokes Oregon State 48-14

Washington State took care of business against the Beavs in Pullman this week, improving to a 4-0 record after defeating New Mexico and Air Force in the previous weeks. Oregon State came into this contest 2-0, looking to beat the Cougars, but Wazzu jumped all over the Beavers with a huge, 34 point second quarter, in which their defense grabbed 3 turnovers and scored a TD. The Cougs were up 41-0 at the half and put their backups in and mostly ran the ball in the second half.
    True Freshman Tyrone Baker truly has been the spark plug they had hoped for, as in every game this season he has led the offense to over 40 points. He had the first 2 TD's of the game for the Cougs and had 73 yards rushing on only 8 carries, but had to leave the game with a shoulder bruise and would not return. Washington State's defense came up big today, causign 4 turnovers, and held the Beavers to 8 yards rushing on 13 carries, yes, that's right, 8 freaking yards...
    The Cougars hope to impress voters and move into the top 25 for the first time since 2003 with their 4-0 start. They take on Utah next Saturday, at home, at 8pm, this game should be a cold one!

22. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

Penn State hosted the Akron Zips in Saturday afternoon. After two very close games to open the season, this was the exact opposite and was all but decided before the half.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All 3 facets of the game were clicking for the Nittany Lions. The defense accounted for 8 sacks and 2 INTs, special teams almost broke 2 punt returns and the offense accounted for nearly 350 yards.
    [​IMG]
    The Lion's Den
    • PSU's first game with no injuries
    • Freshman WR John continues to tear up the competition
    • 2nd and 3rd stringers received invaluable playing time, practically playing the entire 2nd half
    Penn State improves to 3-0 and travels to East Lansing to take on the #7 ranked Michigan St Spartans

23. tbishop82

tbishop82 Walk On

arky3.PNG

The Dawgs again dug themselves a hole and were down 31-21 at the half to Arkansas. Both teams used the big play to dial up long TDs, but in the end it was a 83 yard 3rd quarter strike to Paul Davis from David Simmons that put the Dawgs on top for good. Simmons finished with a career high (and UGA's most since Eric Zierer) 496 yards against the porous Arky secondary. UGA added another 150 yards on the ground behind Sr HB Kevin Scruggs' 95 yards. "Arky blitzed almost every play and we made them pay. Travis McNeil caught them in a blitz twice and took a short screen and a slant the distance. I thought they may mixed the coverages up, but they stayed with man coverage and brought the safeties down in the box." UGA improves to 3-1 and will have a much needed bye next week before they travel the face the Ole Miss Rebels in week 6.
    arky4.PNG

24. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

WSU is 5-0 and still not even receiving votes to be in the top 25...I know I havent beaten anyone good yet, but can I get 1 vote?

25. bdub

bdub Walk On

5 and 0 is what it is you should be in the top 25 and would be in real life. I find in this game its all were you start the season. If you don't start top 20 you won't make it very much higher.