Season 7 Game of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CharlestonUSC, Mar 26, 2011.

1. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Week 4
    Rutgers @ Ohio St
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#2 Ranked Rutgers will travel to Columbus to take on the #3 ranked Ohio St Buckeyes in front of over 100,000 screaming fans. The Scarlet Knights looks to improve to 3-0 and continue their quest for their first ever BCS Championship Game appearance. Leading the Knights will be seasoned senior quarterback Jonathon Edwards. Edwards currently has a passer rating of 202.0 and has completed 44-67 passes for 821 yards and 8 TDs on the season.

Rutgers and Coach Fuzzyl0gic will have to rely heavily on junior running back Demarcus Wilcox if they plan to leave The Horse Shoe with a victory on Saturday. Defensively the Scarlet Knights are led by junior middle linebacker Mike Pierce who has 14 tackles on the season, 10 of which are solo and 2 for a loss.

Expect Rutgers to grind this game out and enjoy a sigh of relief on the plane ride back to New Jersey as they will return to the Home of College Football the #1 ranked team in the country!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

He did make a BCS Champ Game appearance two season ago but lost unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

;)

4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Wow I didn't realize I missed that. Well i can pretend that i knew about it and that the misinformation in the story was really a slight dig at fuzzy lol!

5. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

@fuzzyl0gic
    @makinpropel

Week 5

Rutgers @ Pittsburgh

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 ranked Rutgers Scarlet Knights will face another huge obstacle in their quest for a national title when they visit the Pittsburgh Panthers this Saturday night for a prime time match-up that will be aired on ESPN's game of the week at 7pm. The Scarlet Knights and senior quarterback Jonathon Edwards will have to find points at a premium in this match-up as Pittsburgh leads the conference in points allowed, 28, as they have smothered every offense they've faced this season. This will be the conference opener for both teams and the first time Pittsburgh has hosted the #1 team in the country since new coach Makinpropel has taken over the Steel City's flagship university.

Prediction: Rutgers comes into this game being ranked #1, for the first time this season, with lofty expectations from a rabid fan base and eager coach. That is a lot of pressure to place on a team even with a hardened leader like Jonathon Edwards at quarterback. Look for a close game going into the fourth quarter but the home team will pull out the biggest upset in Coach Makinpropel's short career at Pittsburgh. 17-14 Pittsburgh

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Haha thanks for the vote of confidence, but its never a good idea to go with Pitt. The got slammed today

7. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

lol I think he saw this and took it out on me.

8. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

well I'm anxious to read the write up!

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

It was a very very ugly score

10. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I was able to move the ball on him easily, then just made horrible throws. And then just bad mistakes, and he couldn't be stopped. I was expecting it though, my team is horrible

11. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I looked at the stats and the category that stood out was turnovers. 4 interceptions is something that is pretty hard to recover from. It looked like you passed the ball very well but just a few throwing mistakes cost you. I know how you feel man b/c the first season i was at syracuse he demolished me. Once you get some more talent at pitt you'll do better. keep your head up and remember there is always next year and the goal this year is a bowl game!

12. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Week 6
    UNC vs Clemson
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The North Carolina Tarheels will travel to Memorial Stadium to take on the Clemson Tigers in a match-up that might very well be a preview of the ACC title game. Clemson comes into this game as the leading offensive points scored team in the conference. While North Carolina comes in with the ACC's top ranked defensive unit. North Carolina is currently fourth in the Atlantic Coast Conference in points allowed and is second behind Clemson in points scored.

Prediction: Look for a slow paced first half with an offensive shootout breaking through after halftime. This game will come down to a fourth down game saving stop that will be delivered by the Tarheels! UNC 52-48

@duhdman1026
    @stiff bon air