Season 7: Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IXI DECAY IXI, Mar 20, 2012.

1. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

You guys know the routine.

2. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

UAB wins home opener against UCLA​
    UAB 55​
    UCLA 20​
    UAB's head coach Papaloke seemed determined to start the year off on the right foot. The previous two years, UAB has struggled out of the gate and subsequently has fallen behind in the polls and with recruiting. UAB came out firing on all cylinders for the win against UCLA. The first play of the game set the tone, as Jr. QB Robert Dorsey took an option keeper 76 yards for the opening score. The D line who has been surrounded with questions marks played excellent and over their heads as they limited UCLA to 81 yards rushing on 31 attempts. The Blazers did suffer a couple of set backs as starting HB Brandon Jones and starting nickle back Napoleon Hurd both went down with injuries. Jones is expected to miss 4 weeks. The Blazers WR corps also looked very impressive as they accounted for 4 TDs on the day. The blazers have a bye next week and then a big user match up in Week 4 against Washington.​
    POTG: Robert Dorsey 334 yards 4 TDs, 94 yards rushing, 1 TD.​
    td.jpg

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Washington- 59
    Kansas- 7

Not sure what drug the Jayhawks players might have been under the influence, but something just didn't seem right. The Huskies held Kansas to 69yds of offense and forcing 5 turnovers. With the help of a short field for most of the game and a career day by RB Poole, 319yds 4 TD 32yds rec 1 TD, Washington gave Kansas an ol fashion beatdown. Kansas's lone highlight was a 97yd KR TD, but that wasn't enough to spark the team. Couple of highlights on the DW.

4. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Tulsa Opens With Authority Over FCS Opponent

Things went as expected for Tulsa as they open the season with a 63-6 win over the FCS Bulldogs. Cameron Hopkins rushed for 115 yards and 2 scores on 8 carries in just one half of work, and backup sophomore Demetrius Huffman ran for another 4 TDs and 188 yards on 15 carries in the 2nd half. The defense did its part as well, scoring twice on fumble recoveries and sacking the FCS quarterback 6 times, as the Bulldogs managed just 73 yards of total offense.

"It was a good warm up for the season" said coach Hexum. "But there are still plenty of things to work on. Opening the game with a 3 and out and letting them march down for a field goal is something we need to fix. We have to play the first 5 minutes as strong as the other 55. (Starting QB Mike) Boyd has to be better. It was his first start and I know we didn't ask much of him, but he has to be better, and that will come with time."

Tulsa has a bye next week before welcoming UL Lafayette to H.A. Chapman stadium.

TULSA
    Mike Boyd; 4 of 11, 106 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs
    Cameron Hopkins; 8 carries, 115 yards, 2 TDs
    Demetrius Huffman; 15 carries, 188 yards, 4 TDs
    Kenneth Thompson; 6 total tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack

(big score note: starters only played the first half, had chew clock on the entire 2nd half, only threw it once with my backup QB in the 2nd half, had a couple other times my RB broke away and could have scored but I looped him around and ran around the defense wasting time, so I did what I could to not score so much, but it was FCS, lol...)

5. SimplyxNicex218

SimplyxNicex218 Walk On

utep vs nm.JPG UTEP-27
    NM-12
    Bo no's diddley!!!! New Mexico's Sr. running back Bo smash Woods 99yds and TD performance
    doesn't do it for the Lobo's. NM qb M. Sullivan had a horrible day throwing 7/18 for just 28yds.
    Uteps secondary came to play, picking off sullivan 4 times. NM defense no match for Utep's Qb
    J.Allen who threw for 269 yds and 3 TDS along with soph running back D. Jones 77 rushing yds
    sent the the Lobo's back too mexico disappointed. Utep now gets ready to continue there there
    winning streak by beating Conn. on there 1st away game of the season.

6. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Woods was running fine but I just kept trying to get the passing game going to no avail . . . Game changer was UNM going for it on 4th and inches near midfield with a minute to go in the half and only down 7. Should have just gave it to Woods cuz my FB got stuffed and you scored a few plays later on blown coverage. Down 17-3 @ Half is way diff than 10-3 . . . GG

7. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

"Uconn Pulls Out an Upset Against TCU"
    2018 Season, Week 2

[​IMG]

Uconn hosted the #9 TCU Horned Frogs for their first game of the season and their first game under new offensive coordinator Matthew Walker. Uconn set things off in the first half scoring 21 unanswered points but things faltered in the 2nd half as TCU climbed back to within 7 but a late interception by the Huskie defense sealed the deal.

Senior quarterback Brian Davis finished with at rating of 180.5. Davis completed 12 out of 15 passes for 164 yards and a touchdown but did finish with an interception thrown. The running attack was solid for the Huskies as Junior Troy Cobbs led the way with 103 yards on 18 carries and 1 touchdown. Freshman Andy Walton had 36 yards on 8 carries as well.

Uconn will host Utep next week in what is sure to be a tough early season battle.

Baron (Keep an eye out for Freshman HB Andy Walton. I'm going to hope to get him into the gameplan more next week as I like his style.)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  8. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

FCS East - 0
    UL Monroe - 64

4HW1.1.png 4HW1.2.png

Coach Ryan C - "We really played well today, I thought we could see some better accuracy in the passing game, but these guys have definitely listened in practice and bought into this system, and over 300 yards on the ground proves that."

QB Alex Perry - "I came in focused on making the right reads, and I feel like I did a good job of that and was able to get some big runs as well as spring some for Raymond [Walker]."

9. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

#20[​IMG][​IMG]#13

Road Warriors head back to Honolulu with the streak intact!

They entered the year on a 34 game win streak. They are back to back defending national champions. They have two players in the preseason heisman watch. They were underdogs on opening day. It seems impossible after the last three seasons under coach Utah that Hawaii would open the season that way, but the 20th ranked Warriors traveled all the way to Ohio to take on 13th ranked Big East favorite Cincinnati.

The Warriors came out on fire, Heisman favorite Larry Morton scored on a 69 yard run on the first play from scrimmage then again on a 66 yard screen pass on Hawaii's next possession en route to an early 21-0 lead. The Bearcats would settle in though and use a precision short passing game to put two scores on the board and go into the half down just 21-14 with momentum and the ball to start the second half. An interception on their first possession gave the Warriors the ball in scoring position, they would capitalize and go up 28-14. This score seemed to capture the games momentum and the Warriors would cruise to a 31-14 win to get their year started right. For the Bearcats, the out of conference loss isn't crippling, but they will need to get more efficient if they hope to win their conference and find themselves in a BCS bowlgame at year's end.

As for Heisman hopefuls....
    QB Derek Miller completed all 9 of his passing attempts for 175 yards and 2 TDs.
    HB Larry Morton gained 113 yards on 12 carries with 2 TDs and caught one pass for a 66 yard TD as well

gg SLOPDAWG88

10. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

9 passing attempts! I love it! Reminds me of my franchise with the Broncos on Madden. I only throw about 9 to 12 times a game. It's actually I pretty fun way to play.

11. Wyrmreaver

I run a lot of fleXbox One, so there is a lot of misdirection and stuff, hard to tell who will end up with the ball and which way we're going

• Like Like x 1
  12. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

New Mexico Bounces Back with 41-18 Win over Border Rival Arizona

TUCSON - After a tough road defeat to open the year, the Lobos rebounded with a big win in the dessert over the Arizona Wildcats. A Field Goal as time expired in the first half put UNM up 20-10 at the break and they never looked back. The Lobo defense held Arizona to just 177 yards of offense. Sophomore quarterback Mike Sullivan, who only threw for 28 yards in last week's loss, got back on track this week throwing for 169 and two scores, while he also ran for a 42 yard touchdown in the 3rd that put the game out of reach. Bo "Smash" Woods, who announced this week he still does not play fourth quarters ran for just 81 yards on 15 carries, but did add another score to his resume, as well as 64 yards receiving. Darren "Dash" Davis, returning from a redshirt last season, had a touchdown of his own as well as 40 yards on the ground. Next week New Mexico returns to the friendly confines of University Stadium for their home opener in an interesting match-up against former New Mexico State Head Coach Jesse Kriske who is now the OC at Kansas.

13. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

FIU's Davidson Debuts with W
    Freshman Phenom throws for 300 plus, 2 TD's, rushes for another
    Freshman QB Tyrell Davidson showcased the skills that had the Golden Panther faithful salivating about the new quarterback. In a 27-17 win over BYU, Davidson threw for 306 yards and 2 scores on 22-34 passing. Davidson also rushed for a net 17 yards and a score on 15 attempts. Not all was perfect as Davidson did throw an INT late in the second quarter. "Obviously we'd be happier without that, so it wasn't a perfect game," Head Coach Baron said. "But he definitely showcased the accuracy and arm strength that we were looking forward to. We can transition to a passing game when the option isn't working for us. He adds another dimension for us that we haven't had in awhile."​
    But not all was sunny as the FIU defense gave up chunks of yardage to the Cougars. "We've gotta shore up on defense." Baron dismissed the fact that FIU only allowed one rushing yard by the Cougars. "That's NET yardage. They ran the ball for chunks against us, and its just our sacks that brought that number down."​
    FIU will travel to Rice next week.​

14. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"If that team makes mistakes, your gonna have to show me video evidence." That's what LSU's Head Coach said after Hawaii went into Death Valley and blanked the Tigers 37-0. Hawaii held LSU to just 128 yards of total offense while Derek Miller executed a ball control offense that kept the LSU offense off the field until it was too late. Miller completed 14 of 17 passing attempts for 190 yards and 2 TDs and ran for a third as the Warriors moved to 2-0.

15. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

"Turnovers Hand UTEP a Rough Loss"
    2017 Season, Week 3

[​IMG]

UTEP headed to Uconn in a battle of early unbeatens. The Miners were in the driver seat early and were not slowing down as they took a 21-7 into halftime along with receiving the ball first in the second half. The Huskies halftime adjustments paid dividends as they put up a 21 point 3rd quarter to gain their first lead of the day at 28-21. Their success continued into the 4th as they put together their 4th consecutive score to give them a 35-21 cushion.

The Miners attempted to battle back putting up another touchdown to bring the score within 7 points but a late FG and a fumble on the ensuing kickoff return would shut any attempt the Miners had at coming back. The Miners 7 turnovers compared to the Huskies 0 was the difference in this one. UTEP had control for most of the game but ran into some late trouble that forced the change in momentum.

Brian Davis led the Huskies passing attack completing 14 out of 25 for 163 yards and 3 touchdowns. Cobbs had a huge second half on the ground for the Huskies and ended up with 150 yards on 18 carries and a touchdown. The Huskies have a week to rest then they will hit the road for the first time this season to play Central Florida.

16. SimplyxNicex218

SimplyxNicex218 Walk On

conn.JPG conn2.JPG conn3.JPG

1st half utep dominated on both sides of the ball. Going into the half leading 21-7. Conn rallied in the 3rd quarter putting up 21 pts. Utep had 7 turn overs 3 ints and 4 fumbles. Conn played hard 2nd half pulling out a 38-28 win at home.

17. Wyrmreaver

Hawaii takes Air Force out behind the woodshed.....

The Warriors utterly dominated the Falcons in this one. It was 70-0 with just over 2 minutes left in the third quarter. After taking a 49-0 lead into the half I figured I would take it easy on them in the second, but Frosh Bill Flynn took the 2nd half kickoff for six and on the Falcons next possession they found Marvin Charles for an 84 yard TD, only problem, ole Marvin plays CB for Hawaii. After an AF punt, backup HB Chris Martindale was bored so he decided to cut back on a stretch play and go 66 yards to the house. I literally spent the rest of the game trying not to score and break the scoring cap.

Player of the Game goes to Freshman WR Bill Flynn. Bill had 2 catches for 107 yards, both for TDs he also added a 92 yard kickoff return for a TD. Bad news for Bill though, a second half injury could sideline him for 3 weeks, bad luck during his breakout game.

18. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Was this game with the new sliders?

19. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

FIU Wins Shootout with Rice, 66-45
    9Ferwerda sets receiving record
    Coach Baron's comments about his defense in week 3 seemed prescient, as the Golden Panthers D gave up 45 points and 609 yards of offense to the Rice Owls. But even that could not slow the offensive juggernaut that FIU has become under first year QB Tyrell Davidson. FIU had nearly 700 yards of total offense and reached the endzone nine times. Davidson accounted for 500 of those yards, throwing for 369 yards and 5 TD's on 17/29 passing. That alone would have been a "damn fine game, but then add in what he did on the ground? Things are getting scary for defenders," Baron said. Davidson added 131 yards rushing on 15 attempts and another 2 scores.

And Davidson's skills have benefited his wideouts. Senior WR Jermaine Ferwerda was the primary beneficiary, setting a school record for receiving yards with 226 yards on eight catches and two scores.

But the FIU defense needs a lot of work if they'll compete in the newly expanded C-USA.

FIU will host Troy in their home opener next week.

20. Wyrmreaver

It was if you made the change before you advanced

• Like Like x 1
  21. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Washington- 27
    UAB- 24

Luck, luck, and more luck. Washington stole one from the Blazers. Down 24-7 with 4minutes left, the Huskies score 20 unanswered points for the miracle win. Washington struggled for 3 quarters as they were unable to establish their dominant running game they were accustomed to. Heisman candidate RB Dwight Poole was held to 49yds, so Washington was force to abandon the run. Able to shake off 2 int's, QB Rick Rodgers threw for 393yds 2 TD to complete the unthinkable comeback. GG papaloke I know this one will be tough to forget.

22. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Holy Sh!t

23. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Yeah, I couldn't seal it up. I think I went 3 and out twice in that four minutes. Fucking disaster. GG Hokie.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  24. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

No, I changed them right after I advanced.

25. Wyrmreaver

Then they don't take effect until next week