Season 7 League Address (Read and Sign)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Season 7 League Address

@CharlestonUSC
    @broth262
    @MaslerBoros16
    @duhdman1026
    @gwill
    @-Cougars-
    @sibellius
    @stiff bon air
    @RyanC
    @makinpropel

I wanted to do a few things differently for season 7 to try and improve on what we currently have going.

Restarts
    If you ever have to restart your game against the CPU, try your best to provide evidence of what happened by either taking a picture with your phone or whatever you have, or have someone else (from this OD) who is online at the same time vouch for you. If you can't provide any evidence, you will get a strike. Three strikes and you will be removed from the league. We have to maintain the integrity of the dynasty, and having the National Title game against the cpu played twice with no explanation doesn't bode well. I was tempted to throw that result out.

Game Summaries and Recruiting
    Game recaps go in the season 7 scores thread. At the end of every season, the scores thread is moved to the league archive. If you want to keep a more organized copy of your games, you can start a thread in the Game Summaries forum http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/forums/game-summaries.105/

I will not move those threads. Please keep your recruiting board updated in the recruiting thread as well. You must post your available scholarships and player information as you sign them. If you miss more than 3 game summaries, you get a strike. You get a strike with each additional missed game summary, and 3 strikes within a season for any reason and you will be removed from the league.

Additional Content:

I need some volunteers for:

Freshman Watch
    Keep track of freshman stats from users around the league, note top performers.

Players of the Week
    A write-up with pictures from players of the week.

Game of the Week
    A write-up the week before the big game.

Passing,Rushing,Receiving,Tackle,Sack and INT leaders
    A weekly write-up of players from user teams in the above categories.

**If you have any other ideas, let me know. We moved at a fast pace and most people participated on the forums last season, but I want to see a lot more effort from some coaches. The penalty policy will allow us to remove users not participating and allow other people a chance who are willing to provide content.

2. fuzzyl0gic

Please post letting me know you read this. If you don't, it will be your first strike. ;)

Tough love this year.

3. fuzzyl0gic

Also, if you quit in a user game, it's an automatic strike-out from now on. If you do that, you're out of here.

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I said in my game summary that my game froze on the loading screen. I know I didn't have any evidence but it's the truth truly sorry.

Signed~

5. fuzzyl0gic

Sorry I didn't see that.

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Read and understand.

Signed

7. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

*signed*

And the journalist in me says heck yeah to doing the freshman write up, I was thinking about trying to do something like that anyways

• Like Like x 1
  8. fuzzyl0gic

Nice, thank you.

9. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Signed.

But can we make a decision on who does game summaries in user/user games. I feel like the loser offers a better perspective of the game because they see all the areas where things didnt work out. But either way just want a confirmed decision so I know whether its my responsibility or not.

10. duhdman1026

duhdman1026 Walk On

11. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Agree with everything. Didn't have a season 7 scores thread yet so i started it. We DEFINITELY need to determine who does the story write ups in user vs user games, either the winner or loser.

12. fuzzyl0gic

It has always been the winner, but why don't both users do a write-up?

13. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I was under the impression from last year that in user vs user the winner wrote it up. I think it would be great if both did. And while we are talking about write ups I think the hammer needs to be swung down on these one or two liner summaries. I enjoy doing all the copy and paste stuff I do and making it look like a real newspaper article. I'm not saying everyone should have to do that, but I am saying that everyone should be required to put thought and effort into their summaries. I believe that falls under the league address rules that you posted earlier.

14. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah, summaries need to include stats and at least be a few sentences long.

15. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Merely looking for a decisive answe. I have no opinions one way or the other.

16. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

read and understood

17. fuzzyl0gic

18. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

i was very surprised to see that gamestop is still asking $50 for ncaa 11 when 12 will be dropping in a few months.

19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Gamestop is an evil company. I reccomend never buying a game from them. I didnt even spend 50 on NCAA 11 new, I got it for 40 and the day before it came out. What a deal that was (Thank you Dell). But look on websites like Newegg and stuff like that, you can probably get it cheaper and relatively quickly.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Read and understood

I could do something similar to what I do in RMG, a Heisman watch.

21. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

We should think about trying to have a Hall of Fame as well, it would be cool

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

Maybe for '12 but I think at this point it's a bit late because IMO Hall of Fame should start with Season 1

23. fuzzyl0gic

Are you glad I put the Red-Green rivalry on hold this year? ;)

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

Actually I was a little disappointed. I was supposed to head to Jersey this year and I am quite pleased with my team and some of the freshmen. We aren't quite out of the woods yet with rebuilding but definitely in the right direction.

25. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Signed.

I will be without a computer until Friday though so game write ups are going to be tough for me till then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.