Season 7 Players of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by makinpropel, Mar 24, 2011.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Week 2

Offensive

[​IMG]

Dominique Wynn
    Dominique rushed for an astounding 291 yards in a 52-7 beating of the Washington State Cougars. On just 24 carries, Wynn managed to score 4 TDs and averaged 12.1 yards a carry. He went for 4 rushes of over 20 yards, including touchdowns of 29 and 79 yards.

Defensive

[​IMG]

Jon O'Neal

Jon had a career game in week 2. John amassed 6 total tackles, 5 of them being solo in the win over now 1-1 Syracuse. O'Neal also had a forced fumble and an astonishing 3 interceptions in the game, with 34 interception return yards. His performance even brought his name up in the ESPN Heisman watch list this week, and our Defensive Player of the Week for Week 2.

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Screw Wynn and his run through 4 tackles self....nah, my D is just bad

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Did you try setting tackling to conservative? Your D is so horrible, it would be OK with me if you had that set the whole game, haha.

4. fuzzyl0gic

Jeez O'Neal is a beast. 3 INTs?!

• Like Like x 1
  5. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Wouldn't say he is a beast. I'd say I was stupid enough to think I could pass over him or that he would drop a pass thrown directly at him. It was a horrible game for me decision making wise and Broth certainly capitalized.

• Like Like x 1
  6. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    The CPU cant cover the middle of the field, so I gotta chill there with my MLB.

7. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

You definitely took care of it man. Spent some time last night in an exhibition game trying to work on my stick skills and stuff so i hope it helps.

8. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Week 3

Offensive

[​IMG]

Mark Fowler

Fowler had a big game for the Orangemen when they clobbered Wisconsin 56-7. Fowler hauled in 7 receptions for 152 yards and a touchdown. Fowler averaged 21.7 yards a catch, and had 46 yards after catch. Fowler was hurt during the game, and will be out for at least three weeks, so Syracuse will have to look to their bench for some help while he is gone.

Defensive

[​IMG]
    Jason Smith

Jason Smith from the Universtity of Miching State has a monstrous game in week 3. Smith, playing LE, had 12 total tackles (7 solo), and 2 forced fumbles. Smith lived on the other side of the ball, with 2 sacks and 6 tackles for a loss. Opposing coaches will now learn to never go right against the Spartans.

9. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Wow man awesome write up! I love how you included injury info.

10. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Week 4

Offensive

[​IMG]

John Foster

Foster brought his A game for Clemson in a 52-22 drubbing of Boston College. Foster carried the team with 199 yards on only 19 carries. Foster ended with 3 rushing touchdowns. The redshirt Senior also chipped in on the passing game, having 2 recpeptions for 25 yards. Foster will look to have another big game against Wake Forest this week.

Defensive

[​IMG]

Charlie Manning

Manning had an incredible game against Arizona State contributing 7 total tackles (6 solo) for the #8 Washington Huskies. Manning also added 3 pass deflections, 2 interceptions, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery. Manning also had a defensive touchdown in the game. For his outstanding efforts this past week, Manning was awarded the player of the week.

Congratulations to @stiff bon air on his first Player of the Week honor, and to @broth262 on his 2nd Defensive Player of the Week award on the season

11. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

@makinpropel

We've missed a few weeks of player of the week bro. Pretty disappointed b/c I was convinced a few players on my team were ideal candidates:)! Hope you find time to get this thread back on track.

12. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I don't think I've missed one? I'll get week 5 done soon.

13. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Week 5

Offensive

[​IMG]

Demarcus Wilcox

Wilcox led the Rutgers on the ground with 147 yards on only 10 carries. He scored 2 touchdown in the smashing of hapless Pitt. Wilcox also performed well in passing situations, grabbing a touchdown, and 66 recieving yards. Wilcox will look to duplicate this performance against WVU in week 6.

Defensive

[​IMG]
    Stevie Morse

Morse had a huge game in a Syracuse victory over West Virginia last week. Morse led the team with 12 tackles (10 solo), and an astounding 7 tackles for loss. Morse had 3 forced fumbles, and also recovered a fumble for the Orange. Morse will try to keep producing at an amazing rate this week against UConn.

14. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

You're right. I was getting anxious for week 5 POW sorry man! LOL :)

15. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

haha you knew that was coming? Great game by Morse

16. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Week 6

Offensive

[​IMG]

James Williams

Williams turned in a fantastic game for the Spartans of Michigan State in an OT thriller against Iowa. Williams ran for 164 yards on 25 carries, and scampered in a for a total of 5 touchdowns. Williams averaged a staggering 6.5 yards per carry during the game. Williams will try to lead the Spartans against Northwestern this week.
    Defensive

[​IMG]

Andrew Garrison

Garrison had a huge game for the Cougars in a 41-19 win over Rice. Garrison had 7 tackles (6 solo) and a sack. Garrison also accounted for 4 tackles for a loss, a forced fumble, and an interception. The Cougars will look for another great performance from Garrison this week against Arizona.

Congratulations at @RyanC and @MaslerBoros16 on their Player of the Week awards

17. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Week 7

Offensive

[​IMG]

Anthony May

Michigan State continues to have different people step up each week. This week, QB Anthony May stepped up to the plate and hit the homer. May threw for 429 yards on 19 completions for an average of 22.5 yards per completion. May completed 55% of his passes, and also had 4 TDs in the game. The Spartans will try to have another person step up next week in a battle against Ohio State.

Defensive

[​IMG]

Jeff Gross

Gross was a ballhawk on defense in week 7 totaling 10 tackles (8 solo), and a tackle for loss. Gross helped out in the passing game as well, with 1 pass deflection in the game. Gross was all over the field, and was able to pursuit the ball no matter where it was, racking up the tackles. Gross will look to be a rock on defense again this week against Virginia

18. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Chris Joseph when waiting for this weeks awards:

[​IMG]

19. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

hahahaha, he would have been, but Allen had 2 less interceptions.

20. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Week 8

Offensive

[​IMG]
    Demarcus Wilcox

Wilcox, who is now a repeat winner of the POW, ran for 205 yards on only 17 carries in the victory over UConn. Wilcox scampered for 3 TDs in the win. Wilcox and the #4 Rutgers Knights take the week off, before preparing to travel to USF in week 10.

Defensive

[​IMG]

Jason Smith

Smith was huge in an overtime win over Ohio State. Smith had 10 tackles (6 solo), and had 3 tackles for a loss. Smith recorded 2 sacks and also cause a fumble. This is Smith's 2nd time winning the award. Smith will look to lead Michigan State against rival Michigan in week 9.

21. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

@fuzzyl0gic if you could fix this formatting for me, for some reason I can't.

EDIT: Fixed it.

22. fuzzyl0gic

Nice, thanks for keeping this updated.

23. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Week 9

Offensive

[​IMG]
    Marcus Arnold

Arnold had a fantastic game this past week against Washington. He scampered for 214 yards on only 16 carries, for an average of 13.3 a carry. Arnold, an incredible freshman had 3 rushes for over 20 yards, and broke 2 tackles. Arnold also ran for an astounding 5 TDs.
    Defensive

[​IMG]

Chris Broussard

Broussard brought his A game this past week, totaling 5 tackles, all of them solo. Broussard also had a tackle for loss and an interception. Broussard also caused a fumbe in the game. Broussard and the Syracuse Orangemen will take their talents to USF in week 11, after taking a week off in week 10.​

24. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

@CharlestonUSC did you only recruit Broussard because of his name? The ESPN analyst had a really solid game

25. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Week 10

Offensive

[​IMG]

Jerome Alexander

Alexander wins the POW for week 10 with a stellar performance. Alexander runs for 134 yards on 22 carries in the 35-3 dismantling of Cal. Jerome also tacked on 2TDs in th win.

Defensive

[​IMG]

Nick Williams

Williams really played well in Week 10 in a win over USF. Although he didn't have many tackles, Williams made plays when he did get to the ball. Williams had 3 solo tackles, all for loss. 2 of those tackles were sacks on the QB. Williams also forced a fumble and recovered one in the victory.

Congratulations to Williams and Alexander on the POW honors.