Season 7 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Discuss

2. Jayrah

TAMU lands :4stars: #2 SS Joe Williams from Waveland, MS in week 1. Williams will give the secondary a boost in speed and coverage ability, being the first true "coverage" SS in the Sumlin era.

3. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Nice pick up. I'm looking for a solid SS as well.

4. Jayrah

Yes I was glad he committed right away. Get a need out of the way and I have a lot of guys to get. Safety has KILLED me over the past couple of seasons though and mostly lack of speed. This kid has 92 speed and pretty good accel.

5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Inked a couple Athletes this week. Was taking it slow with a five star, but saw enough in scouting this week to offer. With the other, we were trying to get more tape, then we saw TAMU had sent him an offer and was asking him to take a visit this week..... so we swooped in and closed the deal, hopefully he turns out to be what we expect and not a bust. We also made some headway on a couple kids that liked Auburn as their first choice. Neither committed yet, but it appears they now have Mizzou as their Tiger of choice.

6. Jayrah

I was hoping to close the gap before you offered. I was falling behind.

7. Wyrmreaver

I thought about not saying anything and letting you waste your recruiting hours this week on him...... but decided that it wasnt really necessary, we arent in direct competition for enough guys to really have that make a difference

8. Jayrah

Nice WR pickup for TAMU, Brian Townsend a 6'0" 190 WR from Mena, AR. Is the 15th rated receiver, 111 overall.

Rated 75 at 66%, which is +2, but still haven't got any of the meaty attributes so could go either way. Needed a smaller slot receiver and Townsend could be that guy going forward. Have a lot of height for outside receivers right now.

On that note, I really wish they would add the position of Slot Receiver and place bigger emphasis on certain attributes like agility and catch in traffic. It would make the entire game a little more dynamic, from recruiting to actual gameplay.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Auburn gets their first commit of the young season:

DT (28) :3stars:Cody Johnson
    6'5", 275 lbs, Orange Groove, MS
    75 OVR, +7 after scouting

Beat out MexiRican35 for this kid. Looks to be a solid plug for the middle of the defense.

Lost out on the #2 MLB to Wyrmreaver DAMN IT!!!!

10. Wyrmreaver

He looks damn good too!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I hate you :mad:

And I think I just lost my recruiting this week as my shit is freezing so you will probably get that DE too!

12. Wyrmreaver

You may want to start looking for guys other users arent targeting :p doesnt seem to be going your way most of the time

• Like Like x 1
  13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oh I am. I try to stay away but I always seem to lose out on a few against you every season!

14. Wyrmreaver

You had a lead on both of those guys 2 weeks ago..... you must be doing it wrong :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I hate you more!

16. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Miami still has no commits on the season, but the recruits we are targeting seem to be interested.

17. Jayrah

Nice little find from a 68. I'm always so cautious to even attempt to look at those middle of the road guys... I lose out on guys with big upside.

18. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

It's always a delicate balance finding those "middle of the road" gems. Sometimes it just depends on what you're able to scout early on on whether you can drop the high profile guys or if you lock up someone allowing you the time/scouting to go after them.

19. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

[​IMG]

I think Im on my 5th option at DT. I just needed one :(

20. Jayrah

21. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I tell you what, you let go of that corner and I'll negative recruit recchem2000 for you :p

22. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas recruiting class is killing it. Flood of recruits the last 2 weeks. LSU did take a Guard from me, but I have been otherwise unmolested in my pursuit of target recruits.

Got a couple replacement QBs for the ones i expect to leave. My first ever speed HB. TE depth to go to 2 TE system in a couple years. 3 O-linemen. 3-4 new players for the secondary. WR is a little of a disappointment as I prefer big possession WRs. LBs with some cover skills.

Could be my best class yet.

23. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Miami had yet to pick up a recruit and there's enough competition for some of them to make the coaching staff worried.

24. Wyrmreaver

dislike button :mad:

25. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Miami Picks up First Recruits of Season
    ...and takes one away from Arkansas to boot

OLB (#19) :3stars:
    Kevin Herring - 6'2", 218 lbs; Gladeview, FL
    Kevin is not a great athlete, but he plays like one. He is basically a safety playing OLB and can get sideline to sideline. Miami coaches were targeting him specifically to cover tight ends. Look for him to red shirt before getting a chance to play (projected 75 OVR).

OLB (#6) :4stars:
    Brandon Gibbs - 6'4", 240 lbs; Hewitt, TX
    The Canes went into Texas to grab Gibbs who Miami coaches and scouts see transitioning into the MLB position. He will need to improve on his tackling and his ability to diagnose plays, but his great acceleration should be an asset in the middle (projected 73 OVR)

MLB (#1) :4stars:
    Steven Parker - 5'11", 232 lbs; Highpoint, FL
    Miami stayed in-state to nab the #1 rated linebacker in the nation. Though he is not as fluid and as skilled as originally billed, he will at worst provide great depth for the Hurricane linebacking core (projected 75 OVR).

SS (#1) :4stars:
    Ray Webb - 6'2", 209 lbs; Hollins, VA
    The Canes got to Ray before the Razorbacks whygodwhy1111 (I wasn't quite sure if you were going after him or not) and it may have made all the difference. Ray is the #1 SS in the land and is an athletic, big-time hitter. He will need to work on his coverage skills, but his ability to intimidate receivers will be a welcomed addition to the Miami secondary (projected 81 OVR).