Season 7 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Dec 6, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

post here....

2. JrRawlins

This class has a couple of studs.... but it also has some duds near the top of the board...

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I swear the CPU is creating :5stars: athletes that have no position. Last year's top player overall was terrible.

There are some great looking players out there. Boston College and Duke will be attempting to take control of the ACC because they are all over the place as far as top talent. Suffice it to say Im happy with the position Ole Miss is in this year.

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The recruits that like Miss St this year arent looking too hot. As usual, I am all over the place with many top :4stars:guys, but usually 7-10 on their list with 3 users, Bama, and LSU ahead of me. On the bright side, (not really) I am #1 on about 5 C to C+ speed SS lists... The one position I really dont need at all.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You've been on EVERY recruit's top ten for three seasons now. Shut up.

Boston College and Duke have won every ACC title since we started. I think it's safe to say that no one else has been a factor. Wake is just a thorn in the side that acts up once every three years or so.

6. OMlawdog

Also going through the recruits, Mizzou and KSU looked poised for break out classes. Texas needs a big year on the field, I think they have fallen to a :4stars: program and that is trouble. The difference in recruits from a :4stars: program and a :5stars: program is pretty drastic.

Wake Forest and KSU are both :5stars: programs now, with Duke, BC and Ole Miss being the only 6 star programs in the league.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

With last year's recruiting debacle, Texas is changing it's approach. I need offensive lineman like a fat chick needs the shake weight.

8. OMlawdog

Someone needs their coffee this morning.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Was what I said not true?

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think you need to hit the 10 win mark to get to :5stars:. After my first 10-3 season here, I jumped to the 5 stars, and then I went 9-4 and fell back to 4. That seems to be the magic number. And BCS, NC, big conference wins getting the 6

11. OMlawdog

Not nearly as many top lists as Texas was on two years ago. Last year was my first year as a 6 star program, and I was on a ton of lists. The year before was really good, but not nearly as good as last year. The year before that my class was in the 40's and my recruiting was ok.

I think I won a National title three years ago, so it makes sense that my recruiting would take off as a result. I hope this year is as good if not better than last year's class. My OL is fantastic this year, but most of them are seniors and my recruiting at the OL spots has not been as good as I would like.

But I guess

[​IMG]

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    You have to finish in the top 25 to get to :5stars:.

6 stars is top 15 finish and BCS bowl.

13. OMlawdog

I think you can only go up 1 star a year as well. Mizzou won the National Title the first year, and I think they only became a 5 star program.

I think KSU was a :4stars: program last year and they finished top 10 and played in a BCS bowl and are now a :5stars: program.

Has anyone jumped two stars in one year?

14. OMlawdog

Sand, that SS is a stud, he is up to a 95 OVR Junior. Not sure what you did to him at South Carolina, but we are happy to have him at Ole Miss.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    No you can only make a 1 star increase/decrease per year.

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I finished in top 25, and didnt go up to :5stars:

17. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

LOL. Rub it in. All I did was start him, I don't get it at all ...

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It's not a set thing. IF you finish in the top 25 you have a chance of being promoted to a :5stars: team. Sometimes it takes two years.

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ah, I thought I might this year, as I went to Cotton Bowl and won it. Best bowl we have played in. I think I finished 1 ranking ahead of WF, but you got the bump. I am thinking the 10 wins is a part of it still...

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I posted those somewhere.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I had just fallen from a :5stars: the previous year. So I was probably on the verge before last season.

22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya I was too. After my first season I jumped to 5 star, then went 9-4 and dropped to 4, then stayed at 4 again this year.

23. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Got a week 1 insta-commit:

:3stars:HB James Moss

Good top speed, stiff arm & route running. He is 6'1 & 192 lbs. He might get his shot @ starting next year.

24. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I gotta be honest, between Ole Miss winning two national championships w/o even winning their conference and Duke becoming a 6 star program and BC becoming a 6 star program w/o even winning a BCS, I'm losing interest in the depth of EA's dynasty mode. Could this shit get any more unrealistic?

No offense to any of you guys intended, just what the hell EA?

25. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

7 years in.... they have been top programs.. what exactly do you expect to happen? they have set tough goals that need to be reached.... those programs have reached them... not much more can be said.....