Season 7 Recruiting Trail

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Loaf31, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

Post all things recruiting in here. A good way to start is to post your available scholarships.

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Michigan is going to have 11 spots to fill this season.

Correction... Plus 2 makes for 13 spots this season.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  3. 14 seniors this year so if we're going to 72 on the roster then I got 16 available scholarships burning a hole in my pocket already

4. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I have 15 seniors, so i have 17 scholarships available

5. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

19 avail scholarships

6. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

are we going heisman recruiting or 1-7-72?? so I know how to set up my board
    The Dude

7. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

19 avail scholarships.

I liked the recruiting from last season where we picked a Bonus recruit for everyone

8. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Yes. I think the same rules as last year would be good.

Also, regarding transfers - My roster showed my two transfers as being on my roster in the off-season, so I recruited two fewer guys and cut to 68. Then, when the season started, the transfers were removed from my roster, putting me at 66 - two under the number I can cut to. I didn't mean to do it. Now, I show 66 guys on the roster, but I really have 68, because these guys will be on the roster again next season. Anyway, I have ten seniors, and what looks like 16 available scholarships, but in reality, I have 14 spots available. Odd how it all works.

9. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Once again, I am not sure if i will be able to get 7 :4stars:guys, or 1 :5stars: guy, but i am probably going to try for 0-8-72

10. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Coming off a very successful season, Penn State is still trying to get over the heartbreak of losing in the BCS Title game.
    During the first week of official recruiting, PSU made a HUGE splash signing three (3) ESPNU Top 150 Prospects, 1 :5stars: and 2 :4stars: players
    Signing first on the dotted line for the Nittany Lions was :5stars: Athlete Josh Dunbar who was ranked as the #2 Athlete and #2 overall prospect.
    [​IMG]
    Coach Loaf's take: "We are very excited that Josh was willing to end his recruiting early and sign on for us. We see Josh as a DB or a LB in the future. He currently plays WR/DB for his high school team, but we plan to use him exclusivley on the defensive side of the ball.
    The next recruit to pledge his services was :4stars: SS Josh Davis who was ranked as the #1 overall SS.
    [​IMG]
    Coach Loaf's take: Josh is a ballhawker and we could really use his skill set on out defense. Josh was only ranked a 4 star player, but we feel as though his films show that he easily could have been a 5 star. Here at Penn State though, we recruit a certain type of young man, it isn't all about the "stars"
    The last of the 3 commitments for week 1 is :4stars: OG Adam Brown who was ranked as #5 overall Guard.
    [​IMG]
    Coach Loaf's take: What can I say about Adam? He is a beast, just watch his films. We are extremley impressed with his abilities to open up holes, but he really excels with Pass blocking.
    PSU is extremely impressed with these 3 young men, and cannot wait to have them on the team next year.

11. bdub

bdub Walk On

Lol this is why recruiting needs to be harder.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Goose

Goose Walk On

How cool is this, I set up my board in game before I left yesterday and not according to the old OD site, I have no one on my board. That is soooooo sweet. :doodie:

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Michigan snagged a :4stars:RB and a :3stars:FS I believe... 11 more spots to fill...

14. The Dude

I can make this happen at any point ... but the last time I did, I ended up having to undo it. You guys are all about things being difficult ... until they get difficult, that is.

15. Loaf31

Loaf31 Walk On

We are going to fill our quotas anyway, so what is the big deal about getting 3 in week 1?

I was #1 on all of their lists, I am sure that other schools will be able to do the same

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Not true... we've just completed a year on Heisman recruiting in The Pride... It's tough, but realistically tough...

17. bdub

bdub Walk On

You never heard any complaints from me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Dude

The "not me" defense. Never heard that one :)

You guys want it? I can change at any time.

19. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I am good either way, I am in the Pride as well, and right now my recruiting class in Pride is better than this one, not sure why...

20. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Hmmmm

21. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Washington State has received commitments from the following players:

:3stars:DT Stanley Wright - 6'2" 299lbs - Centralia, WA
    :3stars:DT Nick Mason - 6'3" 252lbs - Vallejo, CA
    :3stars:DE Ryne Louis - 6'4" 229lbs - Oakland, CA
    :3stars:C Richard Branch - 6'0" 314lbs - Cerritos, CA

22. bdub

bdub Walk On

I'm down lets up it to Heisman.

23. The Dude

Notre Dame Recruiting Report - Week 1

TP.PNG OJ.PNG

Notre Dame picked up two top notch defenders in week one, picking up the #2 and #7 strong safeties in this year's class. Both have good athletic ability, btu also good size, meaning one is likely to move to an outside linebacker spot in the Irish 4-3 system, where either would fit into a number of nickel packages. Who will move where, though, is still anyone's guess.

RM.PNG

The Irish also picked up yet another power running back this week, convincing Michigan native Ron Miller to spend the next four years at Notre Dame. Look for him to spend a couple years as a backup, since the Irish have loads of talent at the HB spot, but Miller should see time a couple seasons from now, if not sooner.

After not signing a recruit until week seven last season, it was a nice change of pace to have some of the recruiting pressure lifted in week one. With the Irish only looking to fill 12 total spot this season, look for them to push hard on all of their remaining recruits.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Goose

Goose Walk On

The Ohio State Buckeyes announce the commitment of DE Joe Waller

Joe Waller DE.png

Joe has the potential to see alot of time next season at DE as the Buckeyes reserves are extremely delpeted on the D-line.

• Like Like x 2