Season 7 Recruiting

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by theSANDMAN215, Jan 3, 2010.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Season 7 Recruiting

I only have about 10 or 11 spots to give out.

I'm going all out for a couple guys on my list.

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I didn't do that close of a review, but a cursory review left me very unimpressed.

I think the best playerss in this year's class are at CB and OT. Of course I need a QB, HB and WR, so that really doesn't help me.

I don't see the stud in this year's class.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Cornerback is absolutely loaded... if you need one this is the class to get it.... seriously...

Tackle also seems to be strong... the tight end class is terrible... i wanted to grab one for Hester who is leaving but nah... Wide Receiver is also average except one guy who has 4 users already on his list... QB is decent, i saw i couple of solid pocket passer available...i didnt look at HBs at all cause i have 5 of them and none of them are seniors....

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    QB is blah. Even that one guy that everyone was talking about last year isn't that good.

HB is blah. If you need a ball carrier it's pretty deep, if you want a game changer you might be hard pressed to find one.

Wr is okay. Some tall guys with decent speed. WR Adam Harris looks good and will be someone A&M is going to throw the house at, big time.

OL is deep. Some big guys with good technique.

DL is blah. No real big time DEs. Some lower rated prospects at DE that might be okay in a few years. DT is not as good as last year. 1 or 2 guys out there that might provide some decent depth.

LB is okay. Nobody with elite speed and the faster guys seem to be missing pursuit and tackling skills.

DB is good. CB is deep and there are plenty of guys with speed and technique. S is okay. One or two guys that might make a difference but pretty average the deeper you go.

5. JrRawlins

i was definitely disappointed with the linebackers since i need a couple of them, i was hoping for someone stellar to appear i guess not, i recruit a couple of projects and hope they develop....

6. OMlawdog

Overall Im a little worried about this year's recruiting class.

7. OMlawdog

By the way, I signed a K during the offseason, and signed 18 total. I had room for 21, so I only had 68 at cut players and cut a TE to get down to 67, giving me 14 scholarships for this year. Glad to be back to a more normal number.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    For some reason my 81 speed FS I cut last night is still on my team...have to bury the bastard on the depth chart.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, if you don't back all the way out to the HQ and then exit and re-enter, sometimes things don't take.

10. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

The Husker fans are rejoicing over the signing of QB #8 Dave Williams from Raleigh, NC. "We think this kid could be the best QB coming out of high school this year, and as soon as we offered him a scholarship he jumped at the chance to play for us here at Lincoln. He has great size at 6'5" 229lbs, and has a rocket for an arm. With the change in offensive coordinators over the offseason he fits the mold of what we are looking for here at Nebraska."

B THP
    B THA

11. OMlawdog

UCLA picked up its first commit of the season. He was a :4stars: corner that will help ease the loss of 4 senior CBs.

I can't remember his name, but he had really good speed.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    A&M received a commitment from :5stars: WR Adam Harris. Again, Texas A&M lucks out from spending a lot of time on a nice prospect with an instant pledge. Harris sited that he wanted to play close to home and A&M just seemed to be the best fit.

The Aggies also received a pledge from a :3stars: DE with good speed. He could be a project, though.

13. JrRawlins

Virginia receives its second instant commit from a :4stars: MLB with good speed and pursuit.... he might not start right away but he should be a contributor down the line... and he effectively ends our search for MLB's this year (thank god cause the group is pretty terrible)

luckily i saw Adam Harris was from Texas and had A&M #1 on his list before i put anytime into him....

14. OMlawdog

First Hughes now Harris, A&M gets some major insta commits from the in-state five star guys.

I've learned my lesson, only spent about 30 minutes on Harris.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Hopefully we can keep the momentum going. I don't have any blaring needs although some OL depth could save me some hassle in the future.

16. JrRawlins

o-line is probably the one place i have a ton of depth... and of course this class is kinda of full of lineman... i might grab one anyway.... i have 2 or 3 guys leaving on the o-line so maybe i can grab some more depth....

praying one of these stud corners likes UVA....

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    yeah I'm in the same boat. I have great depth at OL, but I usually always grab some to keep it that way.

18. theSANDMAN215

Do you guys do quick call the 1st week? I have found that to give me the best results because if I don't they bastages just hang up on me.

Screw all of you, I had about 3 recruits taken away by users the first week. (n)

19. JrRawlins

yea quick call ccan definitely be the way to go if the recruit isnt already extremely interested in your school as you can get a bunch of pitches unlocked...

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Forgot the name but we picked up a :4stars: olb with b speed and b tckl looks to be a solid player that will be a player after rs.

21. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Eugene is very excited about recruiting although the season is still young. We have 13 schoolys to fill this season so we targeted 10 players week one, and after 1 advance they have all moved Oregon to #1 on there list. Although I don't expect this to stay that way due to some user battles, hopefully I'm able to secure a decent amount of the guys I want. All the top 5 finishes are finally paying off in the recruiting game it seems.

22. theSANDMAN215

another guy i lost after the first week.

i forgot why i stay away from the user battles, haha. i thought with less 'ships this year i could go all out on some guys, but damn. :biggun:

23. JrRawlins

jumped into a couple of user battles.... not sure i really like my odds in them either but, ya never know what could happen... found a lineman that wants to come to UVA and he looks rather beastly he is gonna get a ton of time.... also been pouring time into a :3stars: CB that has absolutely no interest in coming to UVA apparently but i will keep trying... the Hb class is terrible in my view.... i gotta find a FB though...

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, the battles for those top OL are going to be nuts. All of them have 5-8 offers already.

25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

JR - I noticed we are in a battle for a :2stars: tight end (i think that was the one). I guess since you haven't jacked an offseason recruit in a while you are just going for them during the season. (y)