Season 7 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JrRawlins, Jan 4, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Season 7 Scores

Week 1

Virginia 56
    Arkansas 27

My backups played most of the second half.....

Javon Keller 20-30 326 yards 4 tds 0 ints
    Jason Duckett 18 carries 114 yards td
    Hester 5 catches 77 yards 1 td

3 early turnovers really broke this game open..... a good start to the season..

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Iowa St: 28
    Georgia Tech: 38

HB Josh Ware is going to be good this year. He had 19 yards on 4 carries before he got hurt but should be back next week. In his absence, Courtney Simpson stepped up to the tune of 127 rushing yards on 33 carries and 2 tds. QB Brent Schroeder threw a couple of ugly interceptions but also had a few nice runs. Overall I think this new offense is going to work out.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    #10 Georgia 35, #4 Texas A&M 20

A&M loses in what could hardly be considered an upset when Georgia's A+, A+, A+ overall is taken into account.

Hughes broke a 49 yard run after shaking loose from the grips of Georgia's AA MLB Haynes. Then, in the 2nd Qtr Hughes had just finished a 11 yard run for a first down and while stepping out of bounds, Haynes cracked him in the back. Hughes was in a lot of pain while Coach Drifter ran onto the field screaming for a flag. Hughes is out 6 weeks with an abdominal strain. I stopped caring after that.

FML

Enter Frosh QB Josh McDaniels who went 8 for 16 and 108 2 INTs (one of those QB flutters, Georgia must have a fucking cheat code for those) and met expectations of a week 1 freshmen on the road against a stacked defense.

FML

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Haynes was just playing to the whistle on that hit as Hughes was still in bounds when he loaded up... I still liked my chances with hughes in the game as my offense was doing a great job moving the ball on the ground even when Atkins went down in the 1st.

Armstrong had a huge day going for 242 yrds and 4 TD's...

gg drifter really am sorry about hughes...

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Josh McDaniels? Do you have Brandon Marshall as well?

6. theSANDMAN215

VT killed Oklahoma State. I'm not sure the score.

Moore had something close to 385 passing yards, about 3 Tds and 1 INT.

Concepcion had a huge day receiving, something like 145 receiving.

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

#2 Oregon 63
    Kansas St. 14

This was even worse than the score indicated. WR Chris Smith was uncoverable, and my QB was actually able to get him the ball which was a huge surprise. He finished with 6/130 and a score in just over a half of play. John White led a balanced rush attack with 106 yards, Butler added 90. Oregon heads to FSU next week in what should be a good one.

8. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Nebraska 41
    Maryland 10

Domination....Their only TD came off a deflected TD. On a sidenote, my hoping that i could make it through the season with 2 QB's came to end in the first game as both Hall and Baker went down with injuries in the game. Hall came back, and Baker dislocated his shoulder, and should play next week. ROLB Rian Scott broke his vertabrae and his lost for the year. My LB depth could become a question as he was my OLB backup at both positions.

Oh Yeah, Lawdog remember Ryan Britt...well the Nebraska faithful do as he had 7 tackles and 4 TFL. This kid will be in the TTII HOF by the time it is done. He could go down as the best :3stars: recruit in the league. 42 tackles, 17 TFL, and 5 sacks in his Freshman campaign and he is off to a great start in his sophmore year. He progressed to a 94 overall this year with 87 speed and 89 tackle at DE.

9. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 1: Missouri @ #5 Wisconsin

Missouri: 45
    #5 Wisconsin: 41

The offense & defense needs to thank our special teams as RS SO KR Alex Marshall returned 2 kickoffs for TDs. Without those 14 points it would have been no contest.

QB Darrick Reynolds: 18 of 30/274 yds/2 TDs/2 INTs
    HB Reggie James: 14 carries/26 yds
    WR Aaron Rodgers: 5 catches/77 yds/1 TD

Defense came up 3 sacks & 1 INT.

MLB Thomas Merriman: 14 tackles/2 TFL
    LE Marcus Morgan: 7 tackles/2 TFL/1 SACK

Next week we head to Rice.

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Ah, it just makes me feel better to hate Haynes for it.

You like your chances, but it would have undeniably been a better game. I couldn't pass after Hughes left and I moved the ball into the redzone twice and settled for a FG. Then I was moving the ball well on a another drive that ended in that flutter pick.

I think You got a little lucky on a lot of those deep balls. I typically don't let any of those through and a couple were dropped interceptions by FR(RS) Cunningham. That first TD I screwed up on positioning but the second was just pure luck as he was double covered and still somehow made the catch. It was a great play.

It's super tough trying to play in a hostile environment with so many underclassmen.

GG BBJ. Good luck the rest of the season.

11. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I remember Britt well. I knew he would be stud, one of the guys I certainly am going to regret not spending more time on.

My DE's this year are pretty piss poor too. I sure could use him.

Just glad Nebraska isn't on the schedule.

12. OMlawdog

UCLA - 59
    Purdue - 7

Purdue was C+ across the board, so I didn't expect much of a fight, and I didn't get one. UCLA has tweaked the offense a bit, still running with AF playbook, but overall we are passing it a little more. Jeff Phillips the (RS) Senior Qb has waited his turn, and now he is ready to do some damage. He threw for 3 TD's and JT Green had two of them along with 150 yards receiving.

Valentine got a few touches early and went down with a muscle strain and was out for the game. Joe McCoy and Goodman got a chance to show what they can do and they went for 170 yards combined. 2nd team defense played most of the 2nd half, and overall my defense showed how much they are missing the 5 seniors from my front 7.

13. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]
    BEST :3stars: Recruit Ever
    [​IMG]

14. OMlawdog

Terrance Morris was a :3stars:

Heisman trophy, National Championship, undefeated season.

Boom goes the dynamite.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    OLB Tyrell Woods was a :3stars:

5th in heisman last year as a defensive guy, butkis and lombardi award winner.

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Yeah I know the game completly changed when he went down... I'll give you the throw to Mcdowell was probably 70% luck, but sometimes you just have to let your 97 6'4" WR go up and make a play. The Play to leonard was just a beautiful throw between the CB and S.... Hopefully Hughes comes back on time..

GG

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    USC - 27
    FSU - 7

Flo's Trojans came ready to play, holding the FSU offense to 128 total yards. The FSU defense played well, giving up only 20 points, but the offense laid a complete turd.

USC utilized a run first, run second offense, running for well over 100 yards.

Coach Mason needs to bribe the scheduling "gods" to give FSU a tuneup game before getting beat down by OOC opponents.

NOTE: In full disclosure, I ran a QB sneak without thinking. After the fact I realized I read it was banned. Sorry to Flo and everyone else. I will get the rules down quick, I promise.

18. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I hope your ready for run thirds as well ;)...

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    If I don't figure out how to move the ball on offense, you will be able to run all you want.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

No worries man.

21. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

No problem like I told you in the message. Getting back to our game, my offense is very poor.

QB West was 8/11/89yards and the only RB I have that is half decent is a Soph John Burns who did get over 100 yards but fumbled 2 or 3 times. Although my defense is solid and is clearly the backbone of the team. I better get a RB this year.

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

QB sneaks are banned? i don't see it in the rules anywhere....I don't have a problem with it now as the qb just usually falls down for no gain..

23. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

24. theSANDMAN215

clemson: 14
    hokies: 34

Vince Downs had 207 yards rushing on 34 attempts. Defense gave up a ton of yards, but played the way I like to play, aggressive. Made some mistakes, but had a bunch of INTs.

Ryan Moore did not do that well as Clemson blitzed the living crap out of me.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That sucks!

Sucks for the rest of the league too. Louisville is ranked and I'm not sure who else they play.