Season 7 Scores

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Season 7 Scores

Post 'em here!

2. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Well, since all I have is a bye week, I'm going to post some very interesting stuff I've found on my team.

Ranking: #14
    EA Sports Ratings:
    A+ OVR
    B+ OFF
    A+ DEF
    B+ SPT

Our defensive line may be the best in the country. We have the highest rated LE (who carries over his 99 BSH from last year), highest rated RE, and two 93 OVR DT's. MLB and LOLB are 87/88, and our ROLB is 98 (also the highest rated player on the team). Our secondary is also solid. Starting CB's are 94 (three year starter Stevie Ross, who has 90 SPD, 99 MCV, 91 ZCV, 92 PRC) and 89 (while the next two are both 87), SS is 92 and FS is 88. Seven of these guys are seniors, so it is perfect timing.

On offense, we have the second highest rated QB in the OD in Ken Gilbert, he's also Top 10 OVR in all QB's in the country (89 OVR, 82 SPD, 89 THP, 83 THA, 83 AWR). Starting HB is Top-5 rated James Sims (93 OVR, 93 SPD, 86 STR, 88 AGI, 94 ACC, 88 BTK, 93 TRK). Backup is #8 highest rated in the country (91 OVR, 90 SPD, 95 AGI, 97 ACC, and 96 BTK, which is also highest in the nation). Our number THREE back is an 85 OVR rsFR with 94 SPD. WR is probably our weakest position overall, but our number one guy is not bad at all (91 OVR, 91 SPD, 6'0", 85 CTH). We also have a great TE (89 OVR, 82 SPD, 85 CTH, 6'6"). Our two OT's and LG are solid, but our C and RG are both 83 OVR - however, the RG does have 95 STR. Only five starting seniors on this side.

So that's a little background on my team this year. I believe we have a legitimate shot at the national title. We don't have any "gamebreakers" (96+ SPD WR/HBs or super-fast DE's or something like that), but we have a ton of SOLID guys on this team. If we can upset Nebraska in week 3 and take care of Florida twice, I think we're heading to the national championship. It's all on the weakest link - the receivers.

I'm thinking of comparing these players' final ratings to their starting ratings. Some of these RS seniors I didn't even get to spend more than several weeks recruiting (my #1 rated player on the team, the ROLB, I spent literally just like three weeks in the offseason on him!). I'll probably post a table in here or the recruiting section later on in the week.

EDIT: Forgot about my 86 OVR rsFR kicker (who only went up one point during progression - come on!!)

EDIT #2:

Pre-season Awards

Heisman Watch (!!!!)
    Ken Gilbert, QB, JR, 89 OVR

All-NCAA 2nd Team
    Stevie Ross, CB, SR, 94 OVR

All-SEC 1st Team
    Avery Barber, WR, SR, 91 OVR
    Brian Johnson, TE, SR, 89 OVR
    Stevie Ross, CB, SR, 94 OVR

All-SEC 2nd Team
    Daniel Graham, WR, JR, 89 OVR (this is the 6'4" walk-on from two seasons ago)
    Justin Williams, RE, SR(RS), 97 OVR
    Anthony Alexander, DT, SR, 93 OVR
    Chris Richardson, ROLB, SR(RS), 98 OVR
    Vince Smith, CB, JR, 87 OVR
    Lance Summers, FS, JR(RS), 88 OVR
    Charles Buchanan, RET, SO, 83 OVR (will not be returning kicks this year)

Team Captains
    Marquice Gibson, RT, JR(RS), 86 OVR
    John Archer, SS, SR(RS), 92 OVR

Impact Players
    James Sims, HB, JR(RS), 93 OVR
    Chris Richardson, ROLB, SR(RS), 98 OVR

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU Flexes Muscle in Blowout Opener

[​IMG]

TE Adam Frank Celebrates after pancaking some fools allowing Anthony Ostrander to break loose for a 36 yard gain​

MSU 54
    Louisville 13

Michigan State's defense showed up and shutdown a solid Louisville squad. The front 7 did a great job of stopping the run, the Louisville HB did not break 100 yards until the end of the 4th when he broke a 37 yard TD run against my 2nd string defense.

On the other side of the ball, QB McQueen and company could not be stopped. McQueen ended up with 350 yards and 3 TDs, along with 2 INTs, while he tries to hold off true freshman Darius Burton. The two freshman WRs stole the show however. 3-star recruit Cedric Newton finished with 4 catches for 98 yards and a TD while 5-star recruit Austin Reddick finished with 4 catches for 45 yards and a TD, including a 37 yard highlight reel catch in the corner of the endzone while being drilled by two Louisville defenders. Anthony Ostrander ended the game with 170 yards on the ground and 1 TD.

MSU welcomes Florida to East Lansing next week

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Oklahoma beats Miami in the rain

[​IMG]

OU recovers the fumble in OT to seal the victory.​

OU 49

Miami 42

Coach Suge was not able to attend todays game but the Canes still played their hearts out but came up short in Double OT. The Sooners were having quite the offensive dilemma as they knew their starting QB had poor accuracy, they borrowed Air Force's playbook and ran with the option which paid off great. Both teams played great but Miami made the mistake of taking offense first in the first OT.

Miami looks like it has an awesome team and Suge should handle them great when he returns. The Sooners are 1-0 and travel on the road again to #17 ranked Army, looking to avenge last season's blowout.

Notable Stats:

D. Patrick, 19/35, 267 yds, 5 TD, 23 Att, 66 yds, 2 TD

B. Harrell 18 Att, 134 yds

J Harris 6 Rec, 83 yds, 2 TD

C Reid 6 Rec, 82 yds

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Michigan - 37
    Florida - 27

The Wolverines came into the Swamp looking to start this season off right, and that they did. Michigan jumped out to an early 17-0 lead (I think?) and never looked back. In the first half I couldn't get Jello's offense off the field it seemed like. He scored a FG on his first drive, and then held me to a punt before scoring a TD on the ensuing drive. I tried my best to battle back but we were bad defensively on 3rd down.

Made a nice comeback in the 2nd half but it was just too little too late. I think under a different set of circumstances I could have won, but I made some early mistakes and Jello made me pay for them. AH well, not the start I was looking for, but it's only week 1.

Good game again Jello. Best of luck the rest of the season.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'll probably do my writeup tonight.

If you're going to lose a game though, the circumstances don't get much better than this (1st game of the year to the #3 team in the country). Only PSU had a "better" loss than this.

I wanna hear about the Neb-PSU game! How did PSU's starting QB go 1/8 with 4 picks?!?

7. jello1717

Also, recruiting should be interesting this year. There are no restrictions and it looks like Nebraska and Miss. St. are the only 2 teams that are recruiting. You guys should be able to pull in a ton of :5stars:s each.

8. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

WEEK 2

#13 Mississippi State - 41
    Auburn - 0

The defense came out today and played like an A+ Defense should. Auburn was held outside the redzone the entire day, and only made it inside the thirty yard line four times. And they went for it on fourth down three times. And the defense stopped them on every single attempt. The only time they didn't go for it on fourth down was because they couldn't - CB Stevie Ross picked off a pass, ending yet another Tiger scoring threat.

The game began with a three and out by Auburn, and a quick drive by the Bulldogs that got stopped early for a FG. After one quarter it was only 3-0, but the Bulldogs broke it open before the half ended, scoring two touchdowns, one on a handoff to HB James Sims and another on a beautiful leaping catch by WR Daniel Graham, who scored as he fell on his back into the endzone while maintaining possession, and a field goal as time expired.

The Bulldogs got the ball first in the third and took no time to lengthen their lead with an amazing 69 yard TD run by Sims, his second on the day. That was followed up by another TD pass by QB Ken Gilbert, this time to TE Brian Johnson. Shortly after this, the offensive starters were pulled, and Mr. Break Tackle HB Marcus Bowling closed out the game with the help of speedy redshirt freshman Drew Newton, who scored the final Bulldog TD.

The stars of the game were Ken Gilbert and James Sims. Gilbert finished with 250 total yards - 201 passing, 49 rushing - and two passing TDs. Sims only rushed the ball 11 times - two other Bulldogs (Gilbert and Bowling) had more attempts - but he averaged 11.4 yards a carry, giving him 126 yards on the day with two touchdowns.

After shutting down a pretty decent team in Auburn, the Bulldogs got some real practice for their rematch next week in Starkville against the #1 team in the country and current national champions, Nebraska Cornhuskers. Gilbert and the gang will hope to stun the nation next Saturday night.

9. jello1717

#3 Michigan Takes Care of #4 Florida in the Swamp

Michigan came out swinging in Gainesville and they never let up. They jumped out to a 17-0 lead thanks to both good offense and good defense. The goal on defense was to contain Heisman hopeful and returning Doak Walker award winning HB Myers and they succeeded. Myers would only rush for 25 yards on 10 carries on the day. Michigan's ground game, on the other hand, was brutal. They ran the ball 46 times for 211 yards and 3 TDs, led by JR(RS) HB Lamont West's 131 yards and 2 TDs on 17 carries. It was this rushing attack that allowed the Wolverines to dominate the TOP as they held the ball for 19 minutes compared to only 9 for the Gators.

[​IMG]
    Michigan's offensive line blew holes in the middle of the Gator defense all day long

Michigan didn't have to throw very often, but when they did, they were very efficient. SR(RS) QB Derrick McGrew was the surprising starter after the tremendous FR season by Jacob Hawkins, but McGrew came through. He completed 81% of his 16 passes for 196 yards, 1 TD, and most importantly, 0 INTs. It was this great offensive attack that allowed Michigan to convert 8 of 11 3rd downs and to never have to punt the entire game.

While Michigan's defense stymied the Gator running game by only allowing 22 yards on 11 carries, their pass defense was a different story altogether. Michigan rushed only 4 guys the vast majority of the game, which only allowed them to get 1 sack on the day and gave Bryant too much time to throw the ball. Bryant was constantly finding the holes in the zone as he threw for 349 yards and 3 TDs. If it weren't for his 2 INTs, this could've been a very different ball game.

Next up for Michigan is a tough Miami team.

Game Statistics
    Category Michigan Florida
    Score 37 27
    First Downs 20 15
    Total Offense 407 371
    Rushes-YDS-TD 46-211-3 11-22-1
    COMP-ATT-TD 13-16-1 18-32-3
    Passing YDS 196 349
    Sacked 6 1
    3rd Down Conv 8-11 7-9
    4th Down Conv 0-0 0-0
    2pt Conv 0-0 0-1
    Redzone-TD-FG 6-3-3 5-4-0
    Turnovers 0 2
    Fumbles-Lost 0-0 0-0
    Intercepted 0 2
    PR Yds 0 0
    KR Yds 75 174
    Total Yards 482 545
    Punts-Average 0-0.0 2-23.5
    Penalties-YDS 0-0 1-1
    T.O.P. 19:17 09:01

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm actually surprised Meyers got 10 carries. Playing from such deficit meant lots of passing. I wish I had the opportunity to run more.

11. jello1717

#2 Michigan Completes Their Florida Sweep With 34-19 Victory Over #19 Miami

Coach Jello made sure that his players had their chin straps on extra tight for this game and it paid off as Michigan completely beat up Miami on the ground. Michigan rushed the ball 49 times for a total of 336 yards (the most rushing yards ever in coach Jello's 6+ years) and 4 TDs. While Michigan had 11 different players carry the ball in the game and 7 players with double digit rushing yards, the show was stolen by impact HB Lamont West. West would carry the ball for 22 times for 209 yards (45 more yards than anyone before during coach Jello's tenure) and 4 explosion plays, and 3 TDs.

[​IMG]
    West's sick spin move would have broken Weaver's ankles if they were playing on a less forgiving surface

Unfortunately, West also lost 2 fumbles during the game while the Wolverine QBs would throw 2 picks. These 4 turnovers combined with the 0 turnovers by Miami could've really hurt Michigan if their defense didn't play so well (they only allowed 13 points). The Michigan D did not allow Miami to convert one of their 11 3rd down and only 1 of their 4 4th down attempts. They forced Miami to punt the ball 8 times during the game. They also held Miami to only 42 yards off of 23 carries.

Next Week Michigan will go on the road to beat up Air Force in their final game before beginning the all important conference schedule.

Game Statistics
    Category Miami Michigan
    Score 19 34
    First Downs 12 20
    Total Offense 284 437
    Rushes-YDS-TD 23-42-0 49-336-4
    COMP-ATT-TD 18-35-2 11-24-1
    Passing YDS 242 101
    Sacked 5 2
    3rd Down Conv 0-11 6-12
    4th Down Conv 1-4 0-0
    2pt Conv 0-1 0-1
    Redzone-TD-FG 3-2-0 4-4-0
    Turnovers 0 4
    Fumbles-Lost 0-0 2-2
    Intercepted 0 2
    PR Yds 9 88
    KR Yds 142 110
    Total Yards 435 635
    Punts-Average 8-39.3 3-43.7
    Penalties-YDS 0-0 1-10
    T.O.P. 10:31 17:29

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Florida 28
    MSU 11

MSU let Myers do what former Wolverine Chris Perry did to them a decade ago, fall forward, fall forward, fall forward. 10 years ago Perry carried the ball over 50 times with a YPC average around 3, but he fell forward every carry and MSU was unable to stop him, which is exactly what happened in this game. MSU could not tackle Myers for less than a gain of 3 yards the entire game and Florida was able to maintain control throughout. This game was close until the end of the 3rd quarter when one of the other Florida HBs broke loose for a long gain, caught at the 1 yard line, and scored on the next play. MSU had chances to tie and take the lead in the first half, both both drives stalled in the redzone with INTs from McQueen (one of which was an amazing one handed snag from a Florida LB). MSU had success on the ground with Ostrander, but he left the 2nd quarter with an injury and Phillips was much less effective. By the time Ostrander returned MSU was down 3 scores and had more or less abandoned the passing game. MSU will look to jumpstart the offense next week by starting freshman QB Darius Burton.

I'm not at home right now so I don't have any exact statistics from the game. I know that Myers had like 26 carries for 120-some yards and 2 TDs though, 82 of those yards coming after the 1st hit.

Good game Basis, I like your style of play, it's very similar to mine. I look forward to playing you again, especially in next seasons version of the game in which hopefully MSU has a bit more talent to start out with.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yep, good game JC. The ability to finish drives with touchdowns was what gave me the win. We had the exact same amount of offense (349 yards). You had a pretty even split of run/pass yards, while my offense was mainly on the ground. Meyers went over 120 like you said, and 2nd stringer (forget the name of COURSE) had about 75 yards. My QB played well enough -- but we were content to run the ball.

I really had to try hard to stay home and keep your QB from scrambling. You scrambled a LOT, BUT, it was in the appropriate fashion IMO. You looked to pass first, never sprinted out, so at that point I can't blame any scrambling. Frustrating that linebackers don't react, but what can ya do.

Good game JC.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Yeah I didn't want to scramble so much, but my receivers were never open and I had space so I took off, I would have much rather been able to pass it down field.

15. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

It's called dropping back and only seeing (?) all over the field... oh and the guy can't throw a touch pass and put it on target.

Needless to say I planned poorly in making sure I had a QB that could play in a rough environment for the last season.

Nothing much to say about the game, it as a blowout 34-7. The nail in the coffin of the game happened early 2nd half down 24-7, I punted the ball, Nebraska muffed the kick, I recovered it on the 5 but was called out of bounds... everything that happened from that point on in the game was just me dicking around. Which included me faking like I was going to call a timeout by pausing the game with 20 seconds left, Nebraska with the ball and a 34-7 lead (originally I was going to call a timeout, but since Hova wasn't on a mic with me and I couldn't get into a "I still have a chance to come back BS debate" I went for the fake instead)... ya, I know I'm a jackass.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Close Battle

Oklahoma 35

Army 32

A great game to say the least. It was neck and neck until the 3rd quarter when OU built the largest lead of the game at 35-17. Army wouldn't go down without a fight though coming within 3 points. They had possession with about 20 seconds remaining when ROLB Jacques intercepted the ball sealing the win and the upset. Overall this game was all defense for OU and all offense for Army. Oklahoma gave up 505 yards of offense (having only 241 themselves), but turnovers gave them the win. Army had 4, OU had 2

Oklahoma is now 2-0 and welcomes Arizona State in their home opener next week.

Players of the Game:

OU: R. Jacques 16 Tack (4 TFL), 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 INT

Army: E. Hill 16 Car, 227 yds, 3 TD

Great Game shaun...I always like the competitive ones

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

OU 49

ASU 35

This game was much more lopsided than the final score indicates. Oklahoma's defense played incredible all day, making tackles and forcing turnovers when needed. They even had two goal line stands. Arizona State didn't start producing until late in the game when it was just too much to get the win. QB Patrick played great even though he recorded his first interception of the year. He had over 300 total yards and 6 scores. He and Wilson played huge roles on the ground with a great showing of the option. Wilson had 175 yds and a score. It is final that Oklahoma has adopted Air Force's playbook.

Oklahoma goes to 3-0 and face Penn State Week 4 in a HUGE matchup at home. This will be the first time these two coaches have met since Masler took over OU.

18. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

#1 Nebraska - 42
    #12 Mississippi State - 28

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

^ What he said

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

'11 needs to hurry up and get here...im RARIN to go

21. jello1717

I know we're all itching to play '11, but I'm disappointed with how little activity there is this season. (n)

Michigan Shows Air Force That They Don't Even Belong on the Same Field As the Wolverines

This game had me pausing it in the 4th quarter to go see what was the scoring cap. We blew the doors off of Air Force's jalopy. We rushed for 278 yards and SIX TDs. Starting HB West only played the 1st half, but he still managed 150 yards and 3 TDs. Michigan gained 445 yards on offense with only 14 1st downs as it was big play after big play. Defensively we recorded a whopping SIX sacks, and only allowed 73 rushing yards (including a damned 77 yard TD run). It was total and utter domination all around.

[​IMG]
    West quickly silenced the crowd in Colorado Springs

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrzsip5IapU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrzsip5IapU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    West was untouchable on Saturday

Game Statistics
    Category Michigan Air Force
    Score 65 15
    First Downs 14 6
    Total Offense 445 185
    Rushes-YDS-TD 44-278-6 27-73-1
    COMP-ATT-TD 7-14-1 12-26-1
    Passing YDS 167 112
    Sacked 1 6
    3rd Down Conv 3-9 2-14
    4th Down Conv 0-0 0-0
    2pt Conv 0-0 1-0
    Redzone-TD-FG 8-5-2 1-1-0
    Turnovers 2 2
    Fumbles-Lost 1-1 1-1
    Intercepted 1 1
    PR Yds 107 0
    KR Yds 79 288
    Total Yards 631 473
    Punts-Average 2-42.5 11-35
    Penalties-YDS 1-10 1-12
    T.O.P. 16:31 12:22

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Spartans Rough Up Irish in South Bend

[​IMG]
    Freshman WR Austin Reddick Celebrates a TD run from fellow freshman QB Darius Burton to go up 2 scores in the 2nd Quarter​

MSU 35
    ND 21

MSU controlled this one throughout. ND's HB was held under 100 yards for the game (unless he went over 100 on ND's last drive, I can't remember) and MSU harassed the ND QB into 4 INTs. The story of this game is the solid play of Freshman QB Darius Burton for MSU getting the first start of his career, in South Bend no less. The kid was phenomenal throwing for 260 yards and 2 TDs with 0 Ints, he also had a 5 yard TD run and has officially taken the starting QB job out of the turnover-prone McQueen's hands. Ostrander had another solid outing with 120 yards on the ground and 2 TDs.

The CPU continues to amaze me with the way it makes me work to win, no matter how big I am up. I was up 2 scores in the 4th Quarter, then out of no where on back to back drives Ostrander fumbles on his first carry. ND recovers both times, scores once and throws and INT once. This same thing has happened in my last 3 games against top 25 CPU opponents, only the other two times it resulted in me loosing.

MSU is now 2-1, has a bye week next week, and travels to West Point in week 5.

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

This place is DEAD. Crickets....

24. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Dead?/??///aj

25. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Okay, I will liven this place up:

Mississippi State will not lose ONE MORE GAME for the rest of the season. We're going 13-1 in 2015, and I'm not saying that our 13th win won't be a rematch against Nebraska.

(y)(y)(y)