Season 7 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Emmdotfrisk, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]
    Senior RB Caleb Dodds get off to a good start on the season with 171 yards on 20 carries.
    GEORGIA TECH: 45
    SOUTHERN MISS: 7
    The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 1-0(0-0) jumped off to a good start on the season with a victory over Southern Miss. Implementing a brand new offense under the wing of RSSO QB Josh McClelland, the Yellow Jackets were able to rack up almost 400 yards on the ground split amongst 8 ball carriers. SR RB Caleb Dodds took the most carries (20) for the most yards (171) and FR FB Mike Collins rushed for 47 yards on 15 carries with 2 TD's. QB Josh McClelland completed 7 of 13 passes for 119 yards with 1 TD while also carrying the ball 9 times for 39 yards and a TD.​
    The Georgia Tech defense was led by SR MLB Jay Newberry who had 9 tackles and 1 forced fumble.​
    The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 1-0(0-0) will look forward to next week in their matchup against the Baylor Bears.​

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Miss St - 59
    Colorado - 30

New season, but more of the same for the Bulldogs. My defense played solid but let some big plays happen. My offense had its struggles in the first half, but Jones pulled it together and we starting clicking in the 3rd quarter.

The big story for the Defense is that we held them to 17 points until 45 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. They also forced 6 fumbles, recovered 4 of them and ran back 2 for TDs. McNamara is finally coming into his own in his senior season. He picked up 3 sacks and a FF this game after getting 6 sacks all of last season. As expected, the coverage is very suspect as even Colorado's mediocre pass offense and qb were near perfect.

On offense, Jones threw a pair of early ints. However, coupled with a short passing game and some tough running by Parker, we were able to get 2 quick scores in the 1st quarter to Manson. Some turnovers by the D produced some points and set us up in some decent field position.

Parker ripped off a couple big runs and finished with 128 yards and 3 TDs on 14 carries.
    Manson had 100 yards and 2 scores on his 8 receptions.
    Big play Montgomery had 5 catches for 182 and 1 td. Though, he was the cause of one of Jones' ints as he let one bounce off his hands and into the safety behind him.
    Jones went an inefficient 15/32 296 yards, 3 tds, and 2 ints.

If we hope to get to 10 wins this season, Jones needs much better performances against tougher teams than Colorado.

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

WEEK 1: BUFFALO @ UK
    BUFFALO: 21
    UK: 42

Defense set it off by scoring off a fumble & INT. HB Antoine Goddard had 269 yds on 18 carries(1 was a 94 yd run right up the middle for the TD & the other was a power run to the left for 64 yds for the TD). QB Kevin Leslie looked ok. He has good power on the arm, but not very accurate. The boy is 6'7, so I'll see what we can do with him in the Wildcat formation.

Story & 2 vids of my TD runs are on the Wire.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Tulsa 7
    #17 Miz 49

The game of the weird!

Lots of glitches I never seen before in this game. Their WR's were teleporting all over the field. Every couple plays I'd get the glitch where their SS backpedals all the way back to the end zone pre snap and there was other weird things as well.

As for the game, we could not stop their C rated offense loaded with 67 overall players. Thankfully they'd call a stupid option or turn it over cause otherwise they were shredding my D. Their defense was tough at first as they played the 3-3-5. It's terribly difficult to pass against that, but running the ball is like slicing butter with a hot knife. HB Jason Peterson grabbed 125 yds on 14 carries and backup Lumpkin grabbed 62 on 8.

Next week Missouri renews their rivarly with Penn St.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    REACHING OUT
    Demon Deacons extend heartbreak on both sides of the ball

[​IMG]

HB Tommy Myers took the first play from scrimmage 38 yards to the house after he returned the kick off to the Rutgers 38 yard line to spark the Wake Forest offense to a riveting performance to open the season. Myers ended the day with 132 yards on 21 carries and score. QB Titus blanks went 11/17 for 137 yards and 2 TDs (both to Jason Howard, one pictured above) to maintain a stead offense that was always attacking, but never too aggressive.

That strategy would prove to pay off in the presence of a stingy defensive showing that would leave the Demon Deacons +5 in the turnover margin. Wake Forest would force the Scarlet Knights to put the ball on the ground seven times and recover four of them, while adding an INT to CB Joey Smith's stellar career number.

A solid way to start the season off.

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Bc 52(?)
    Csu 7

This game was all about finding a qb I can live with and while both qb's played well Hancock gets the nod. Hancock did well through the air and showed he is dangerous when there is nothing open or is being pressured. He threw for 3 scores and added 2 on the ground. Washington added 100 plus on the ground and the defense played decently all game. Offseason recruit mark Humphrey sacked the qb twice in his debut.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

#21 Texas: 30
    #20 Utah: 21

Texas looked sluggish early and ended up being down 21-7. A couple of td passes later to Paul Brigham and the score is tied. Texas punches 3 FGs through to take a 9 point lead and that's all she wrote.

Offensive MVP:
    WR Paul Brigham - 4 rec, 101 yds, 2 tds

Defensive MVP:

FUCK!!!! - As I was looking at the stats changing to the defensive players I got a disc read error. I'm going to supersim until I get the win.

Texas loses the 1st supersim and wins the 2nd 49-7.

8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

#12 Cocks (1-0)(0-0): 66
    Clemson Tigers (0-1): 45

Whipped up on rival Clemson. I started the game slow as we were down 14-0 before we could blink an eye. After a putrid 1-7 start by my QB, I quickly went to the redshirt freshman, and man did he light it up. I thought I saw Tom Brady out there zinging the ball around. The defense was terrible all around, but my passing game was lights out. Clemson kept coming up to stop the run, so I just let the redshirt freshman take care of business.

STATS

Passing: Eric Jackson (rs-Freshman)- 15/29/490, 6 TDs, 2 INTs

Rushing: Damon Webb (rs-Sophomore)- 10 att, 42 yards, 0 TDs

Receiving: Three guys went over 100 yards, Jonathon Foster (2-141, 2 TDs), Brian Louis (3-131, 2 TDs), Matt Hargrove (5-124, 0 TDs)

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Score?

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    #19 Duke - 41
    Boise State - 21

I really wanted to do a more detailed write up, but the dynasty wire is fubar for me.

Anyway, my new starting quarterback Alan Robinson (Blount is still hurt from last year, or that is my story) struggled a bit, throwing 2 interceptions, but the ground game was strong, with Christian Ricks putting up 140 yards and his backup Buster Smith added 62. The defense played well, sacking the Bronco quarterback 4 times in the first half before they figured out the blitz and Boise saw three quarterbacks play after the starter was hurt for the year on their opening drive and the backup was injured at times during the game.

I looks like Coach Mason may miss the big game with Ole Miss due to medical issues.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 21
    MSU 18

Washington played a really great game getting 125 yrds and a score. Hancock fumbled a pitch and msu took it to the house to go up 7 and then after a long drive threw a pick in the back of the endzone. After that he calmed down and made some nice passes including a 5 yrd fade to Freeman ro go up 14-10. Sims would add a pick 6 on the next drive to bring the score 21-10. Msu scored midway through the 4th and got the 2 point Conversion with his HB pushing 3 guys from 2 yrds out into the endzone to bring the score 21-18 where it would stay...

This game had alot of drops to the point where i actually paused the game to say WTF is up with the drops. I realize both are qbs acc suck, but it was crazy...

GG mustang

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    They said he got in. Booth review was inconclusive. I tried looking at it from replay and even I couldn't tell, ha.

13. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole Miss - 56
    Michigan St - 41

Forget everything I said about my great defense. They got absolutely torched. It was big play after big play. I tried every defense I had and it didn't matter. They also could run the ball, which made things very difficult. One bright spot was Tyler Castillo, the true freshman is an absolute beast. Sure he won't break many long runs, but he won't get arm tackled and he always falls forward. Just a beast.

14. theSANDMAN215

#16 Cal: 17
    #12 Cocks: 31

Game never seemed that close as I pretty much had my way with them on offense. I would either stall, or make a dumb decision as I was driving. Jackson, r-FR quarterback, had another outstanding game. The duo at running back had over 100 yards combined which was good to see. The defense, again, struggled to have a consistent game. If we are going to compete for the SEC Championship again, the defense will have to step it up.

Next Game: @ Kansas State

PASSING
    TEAM NAME YEAR ATT COMP YARDS TD INT
    South Carolina Eric Jackson r-FR 22 13 327 4 1

RUSHING
    TEAM NAME YEAR ATT YARDS TD
    South Carolina Damon Webb r-SO 17 88 0
    South Carolina Ray Estes r-JR 10 34

RECEIVING
    TEAM NAME YEAR CATCHES YARDS TD
    South Carolina Brian Louis r-JR 4 129 2

I have no clue why my tables are so large, sorry.

15. GoGators

#10 PSU 35
    #17 Miz 38

Close game. Thankfully the Nittany Lions made some mental mistakes down the stretch otherwise there's no way we would of won this game. Again our defense couldn't get a stop and we generated absolutely zero pass rush giving their QB all kinds of time to pick us apart. In the end, the offense did enough to get us out of there with a win.

PSU QB SO Brandon Robinson 25/34, 350 yds, 4 TDs
    Miz QB JR Bill Hill 20/29, 333 yds, 3 TDs

Our offense is very lack luster again this season. We lack big play guys at the WR positions and it really shows. We'll need to find someone to step up and stand out on offense or this could be a long season.

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Because they default to 10 spots. Not your fault, my friend.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

#19 Texas 24, Wake Forest 27

I apologize Bond as I was having a conversation with someone the entire time. Hopefully my play wasn't too bad. I don't mean anything by that because I won, that INT in the endzone was huge for me.

Wake Forest relies on a reliable ground game furnished by some brilliant flashes of passing by QB Titus Blanks to pull of the upset at home against a stout Texas team. The Longhorns only turnover of the game would prove to be costly as they drove the entire length of the field only to have SS Keith Brown pull the plug on the whole thing. QB Titus Blanks was player of the game after going 14 of 18 for 229 yards and 2 TDs. Daniel Hartman got the game ball by putting us in good field position for the entire game with his great kickoff returns.

GG Bondzai and good luck the rest of the year.

18. theSANDMAN215

No worries. Hope you are feelin' better.

19. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

#10 Iowa 22
    #14 Kansas State 14

Our offense is downright shitty... i have never seen so many passes either deflected or flat out dropped in my life.. and we get two SEC teams back to back...FML.....

20. GoGators

I feel your pain. I have zero offensive firepower right now either. We may be in for another defensive battle this season.

21. JrRawlins

In two games i have 49 points total... and a couple of those are defenive returns for scores... i need some playmakers in the worst way.....

22. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Am I the only one that feels that against the CPU my QB is at times down right awful, but against users my QB can go around 75% completion percentage.

23. JrRawlins

Its funny the passes are accurate, i get some random lineman/linebacker to jump and knock down a pass that is headed 20 or 30 yards further down the field... or a CB/S to slide in front of my guy even though he is beat like a drum........or for my player to flat out drop the pass despite it hittin him directly in the hands..... my 4th WR is terrible so i fully expect him to drop passes... but my top 3 guys are pretty solid.....

24. GoGators

This is continually the issue with this game. There is no arc to passes, it's either a flat bullet or a deep lob. The bullets, no matter how far they are thrown down the field are always within reach of defenders to bat down, it's ridiculous. I hate when your WR beats the CB like a red headed step child by 7 yards and you try to throw it to him with some pepper before the safety can get there and it just results in the CB jumping up and knocking it down. It's like wtf? If you lobbed it the safety would be there, you just can't win at times. And don't even get me started on the LBs doing this, it's ridiculous.

@OM, that's my biggest gripe w/playing on AA with adjusted sliders. You can make the game play realistically for cpu games, but when you play user vs user it's unrealistic cause the sliders have no effect so the cpu defenders play like idiots. I couldn't tell you how many times I've gone like 23/25 in user games, it's silly.

25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Miss St - 62
    Auburn - 25

A good bounce back after last weeks heartbreaking loss. Fast paced scoring game early. Hodges got his first start after the Bulldogs coahes bench Jones after his week 2 pathetic performance. He started a little shaky, incompleting passes and throwing an int. Auburn quickly went up 13-0 after missing an xp. Hodges settled down and started throwing lasers to my WRs. He ended up 15/30 401 yards, 6 tds, and 2 ints. Manson had 5 for 136 and 2 tds, and Montgomery grabbed 3 for 164 and 1 td. Defense went off again forcing turnovers with 4 fumbles and 1 int. I returned the int and a fumble for TDs. In 3 games, all of my starting LBs have a fr for td, and Allen has 2. We put up 49 in first half, and then settled for 2 fgs and the FR TD while shutting them out of the end zone in the 2nd half. They slowed down my running game, I averaged 3.6 yards on 33 carries.