Season 7 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bondzai, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Perry beat me by 7 in OT. It was a heartbreaking loss that everyone in the party chat got to witness my emotional rollercoaster.

2. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Damn dude, nice showing.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That's a respectable finish, Alabama is loaded with talent (again). As are Florida and Nebraska, both of whom I also get to play. Thanks for nothing Perry.....

4. Dru50

I was just looking at the highlights - I can imagine your reaction at the play where you hit your TE in the hands on a pass, he drops it and Perry's LB picks it off.

BTW - @Papa Perry - you running the Florida or Miss St playbook this year?

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Miss State. I'm running out of it real well.

6. Dru50

I've been telling you for 2+ seasons to come to the dark side, glad to see you are listening.;)

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm coming closer to the dark side. Going with the Florida playbook this season, though not sure if I go with Brantley wannabe Graham or less talented Tebow wannabe Washington.

8. Dru50

If you have a mobile QB the offense is so much more dangerous, even if he isn't a great thrower. The past two seasons in T3 and C2C I probably throw 80-90% of my pass attempts in the 5-12 yard range, so I don't even need a QB with a huge arm to make it work.

9. Bondzai

You should have heard me screaming when it was tied at 24 with just over a minute left. Perry is driving and my safety gets a pick 6. Smalls got a kick out of listening to that one. Then the low of allowing Perry to drive the length of the field in about 25 seconds to tie it up at the end of regulation.

10. Dru50

You needed one of my patented 'pep talk PMs' to get you the eye of the tiger for that game. My bad man, my bad.....

11. Bondzai

You needed to be in the party chat for an impromptu overtime speech. My team went to shot in OT.

12. Dru50

See - how dare I move when you had a big game to play.....the good news is I just heard that the first part of my stuff got delivered to the house so hopefully I'll be online sometime late tonight my time. You need to get some beer and stay up Bond, you got an NBA 2K ass whooping coming your way my friend.:D

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

will '12 be the coming out for Bond and winning championships!

seems like he is close

14. Juggernautblitz

I think Bond and I will dominate by no later than 2019.

15. Bondzai

I went to the Lightning game last night and crashed when I got home. I'll be on tonight though.

I may hold out until 2020. Our game this year will be interesting, it's the last game of the season.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Probably the longest recap I have written in C2C, possibly any dynasty

Florida 53
    Oregon 52

This game was insane, as the score indicates. Oregon struck first with a TD but Florida answered right back. After an Oregon interception Florida jumps out to a 14-7 lead thanks to Scott Graham's second passing TD. Florida grabbed another pick but this time the Gators could not capitalize due to an interception by Graham. Oregon scored to tie it up and then a fumble by the Gators set Oregon up for an easy TD right before half. Somehow Florida managed to get a quick TD to tie the game at 21. This time it was second string QB Mike Weaver passing for the TD. He entered the game due to an injury to Graham. The tie would only stand for 43 seconds as Oregon managed a field goal to close out the second half.

Halftime Score: Oregon 24 Florida 21

Things didn't slow down in the second half. Florida got the ball to open the half and Weaver continued to work his magic. He found superstar TE Justin Guidry for the touchdown to reclaim the lead. Florida's defense managed to stop Oregon's offense, so Gators got the ball back. Weaver again led the team down the field and Sammie Moore scored a short TD to give Florida an 11-point lead. Oregon wasn't ready to lose this game and the Ducks scored a crucial TD to close out the third quarter. Florida brought the lead back to 7 with a field goal and then up to 14 after a short TD run by HB2 Daniel Mooney. Oregon still wasn't ready to concede defeat. The Ducks drove the field and cut the lead to 7 with 49 seconds left. The Gators' deficiencies in onside kick coverage is well documented and this game added a new chapter. After getting the onside kick Oregon of course drove the field and scored a TD. This tied the game with 7 seconds on the clock.

End of Regulation Score: Florida 45 Oregon 45

Florida won the coin toss and elected to start on defense. The Gators got the Ducks to 3rd and long but Oregon then scored on a 29 yard TD pass. Florida got the ball back and Weaver found Guidry just short of the end zone. Guidry leaped into the air and spun into the endzone for the score. Having no confidence in his defense at this point, coach Brave elected to send the offense for the 2-point conversion. The ground game didn't produce many yards in this game, but Florida elected to give the ball to senior HB Sammie Moore with the game on the line. Moore was able to charge into the endzone for the conversion and the win.

Players of the Game: Mike Weaver 13-17 247 yards 3 TD/0 INT
    Mike came off the bench and made sure Florida brought home the victory. The reward for his performance will be the starter position for next week's game. The battle was very tight coming into the game but he clearly out performed Graham.

Honorable Mention #1 - Justin Guidry 5 receptions 119 yards 2 TD

Honorable Mention #2 - Tony Williams 4 receptions 103 yards 1 TD

First Quarter
    03:22 TD Oregon John Busch HB #34 1 yard rush
    00:48 TD Florida Terrence Jean WR #88 22 yard pass from Scott Graham QB #11
    Second Quarter
    06:54 TD Florida Sammie Moore HB #21 14 yard pass from Scott Graham QB #11
    02:49 TD Oregon Vincent Taylor WR #88 10 yard pass from Steve Williams QB #10
    00:45 TD Oregon Dustin Ferguson TE #80 13 yard pass from Steve Williams QB #10
    00:22 TD Florida Tony Williams WR #87 55 yard pass from Mike Weaver QB #18
    00:00 FG Oregon Joe Thomas K #14 47 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    05:58 TD Florida Justin Guidry TE #89 13 yard pass from Mike Weaver QB #18
    03:27 TD Florida Sammie Moore HB #21 3 yard rush
    00:01 TD Oregon Mark Montgomery WR #83 12 yard pass from Steve Williams QB #10
    Forth Quarter
    04:37 FG Florida Chris Williams P #19 47 yard field goal
    02:10 TD Florida Daniel Mooney HB #24 4 yard rush
    00:49 TD Oregon Dan Ford WR #89 21 yard pass from Steve Williams QB #10
    00:07 TD Oregon Ron Neal TE #87 3 yard pass from Steve Williams QB #10
    Overtime Quarter
    00:02 TD Oregon Dan Ford WR #89 29 yard pass from Justin Scott QB #12
    00:03 TD Florida Justin Guidry TE #89 6 yard pass from Mike Weaver QB #18

17. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

great game brave. good call on the 2pt conversion. I was setup on defense for a quick pass. Defense is still a major weakness for the Oregon Ducks(thanks cole) so Oregon will have to try and outscore teams this year.

Oregon Stats:

QB: Steve Williams 28/44 425 yards 5 tds 3 ints
    WR: Dan Ford 7 receptions 134 yards 2 tds
    TE: Ron Neal 6 receptions 104 yards 1 td

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I was afraid you were going to go for the 2-point conversion in regulation. The way my defense played on the last 2 drives, I had no confidence in them coming up with a stop to win the game.

19. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

[​IMG]

USC: 27 OU: 24

This was an awesome game between 2 teams bent on controlling the ball and limiting turnovers. Coach JMan pounded the rock with bruising RB Tim Collier for 119 yards and a TD and QB Kevin Smith had a perfect game going 12/17 for 244 yards and 1 td. Coach Twist would lean on his sophomore QB Andy Atkinson in hopes he could keep pace with the juggernaut Sooner offense.

The first half flew past with both teams getting a FG and a TD and tied at 10. The third quarter would see the Sooners increase their lead with an 18 yard run from QB Kevin Smith to 17-13. The 4th Quarter would open with a short FB dive for USC to take the lead 20-17. Then the defenses would set up an epic showdown for the final minute, when QB Kevin Smith unleashed a bullet to WR Alvin Payne for 58 yards and a td and the lead of 24-20 with 42 seconds left.

But not to be outdone, Atkinson reached deep and drove the Trojans to the 35 yard line and pulled a rabbit out of his hat:

The catch sealed the win for the Trojans and a great start to a new season.

Great game as always Jman!! Also you have to check out his fake punt that rumbled forever.

20. Papa Perry

Alabama Avenges Last Year's Lone Loss to the Irish

[​IMG]

#4 Notre Dame - 7
    #1 Alabama - 28

Basically the play that sealed this was when Notre Dame was attempting a drive late in the 3rd quarter when they threw and INT to Shaun Perkins who returned it for a TD. Defense played a big role in this game for the Tide. Other than forcing that turnover the Tide was able to sack the QB 3 times and hit him while throwing a few more times. We turned up the pressure and it worked. The offense had a great day as well. QB Calvin Stephens threw for 206 yards and a TD while running another TD in. Titus Charles was responsible for 109 of Calvin's passing yards and caught the only passing TD. David Rouse had a great day going for 116 yards and a TD on 17 carries. He is having a great start to this season with 100+ rushing yards in the first 2 games and both being against ranked teams.

21. Juggernautblitz

Yep, good game. The ND offense didn't show up while the Alabama D certainly did. My QB was inaccurate and your DB's were all over my receivers. That INT was a big play but the real difference were the 3 or 4 user catch bombs that changed the game. My D played pretty well but those user catch lobs are just to difficult to stop and I refuse to learn how to either do them myself or user control the defender to stop them. Good game.

22. Papa Perry

They are real hard at defending when the guy is 6'4 but it is possible. I've learned that the best thing to do is go for the swat instead of trying for the INT. You will still miss some but you feel better about it since after that you know you couldn't do anything more.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good thing Titus Charles will be out for the season starting in first quarter of our week 5 match :p

24. Papa Perry

Nah he's told me he wants to make up for the 100 yard game he was gonna have against your team last year by going for 200 this year.

25. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#17 Oregon - 23
    #13 Ohio St - 16

The ducks get out of Columbus with a big win. It was a close hard fought game the whole way. The ducks and buckeyes would take a hit and then punch right back. Ohio St took the opening kickoff and start driving down the field. The Buckeyes struck first on a 68yrd bomb to Collins who got behind the duck defense and took it to the house. Oregon would strike back marching the ball down the field to punch it in from 2yrds out on a FB dive by Rivers. 1st qtr would come to an end at 7-7.
    The 2nd qtr would start with Oregon getting into position to kick a 40yrd FG to pull ahead by 3pts 10-7. Ohio State would come right back and get a 30yrd FG of their own to tie things up at 10pts with 0:36 secs left in the half. Oregon had all 3 of their timeouts remaining and would try to get a score before half. The ducks worked their way down the field quickly and was able to put a 37yrd FG through with no time left to take the halftime lead 13-10.
    Oregon would receive the opening kickoff of the 3rd qtr but was unable to score. Both teams would take turns punting before Oregon finally got on the board on a 4yrd run by FB rivers to push the lead out to 20-10. Ohio State would not be deterred they came back down the field and was looking for a TD, but the Ducks defense forced another FG. End of 3rd qtr Ducks up 20-13.
    To start the 4th Oregon would put another drive together and move down the field but OSU defense would make a stand of their own and force the Ducks to kick a 40yrd FG to go up 23-13. Ohio State started running the ball and was having their way with the defensive front 7 of Oregon. However, OSU would try one through the air and one of Oregon's linebackers would grab an int to seemingly end the game. On a HUGE 3rd and 2 Orgeon tried a HB dive and the DT for OSU threw the center down like he was a rag doll and crushed the running back for a 2yrd loss forcing Oregon to punt with about 2 mins left in the game. Ohio State would get down the field, but Oregon would hold them to a 4th down and down 10pts Coach BDS knew he needed a FG at some point so took it now and kicked a 37yarder to pull within 7pts at 23-16 with :53 seconds left. OSU would attempt the onside kick, but the Ducks would recover. Oregon would grab a few 1st downs to keep the clock running and would be able to kneel on the victory. 23-16.

Oregon Player of the Game: HB Busch 15 carries 134yrds

Stats were very close:

First downs: Oregon 15 OSU 13
    Total Offense: Oregon 346 OSU 320
    Rushing: Oregon 20-150-2 OSU 20-80-0
    Passing: Oregon 12/20 196yrds 0 tds OSU 14/28 240yrds 1 td
    T.O.P.: Oregon 13:44 OSU 14:16
    Turnover: Oregon 0 OSU 1

Great game BDS, like you said our styles are very similar so it makes for close games.