Season 7 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CharlestonUSC, Mar 21, 2011.

1. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Hasn't been started yet so here we go!
    Post all season 7 recaps in here.

2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Oh yeah he definitely earned the post game praise he received. He has some legs on him too so I'd like to get him more involved in some option plays and when things break down and wrs are covered down field get him on the move to pick up some first downs here and there. I'm still VERY hesitant to take off with him when nothing is open. QBs take off in real life when nothing is open but it is a sore spot for a lot of people on this site. Some people say you should be in the pocket long enough to eat a sandwich before you take off, others say if you go through 2-3 reads and nothing is there to take off.

Personally I'm going to go through at least my first two reads and if nothing is there I feel warranted to take off for a few yards. The rules are not very clear on the site about SIM qb scrambling. Common sense tells me when I can and can't go so hopefully it doesn't become a problem with anyone.

5. fuzzyl0gic

I modified the rule a bit:

QB Scrambling: You may not scramble or drop back over 10 yards unless defensive pressure has collapsed the pocket. Sprinting immediately to the sidelines for either passing or running (scrambling) is not allowed. You may not run a pass play and roam the field trying to exploit defensive A.I. flaws or drop back more than 10 yards to throw the ball or scramble. You may not sprint outside the pocket looking for a better angle on passes. At any time a QB should not be deeper more than 8 yards on an passing play. Dropping back while in shotgun should RARELY occur, and only be done if pressured and attempting to throw the ball away. (Cannot drop back excessively in the pocket to buy time to throw out of shotgun.)

I'd say after you have made your reads and nothing is open, give it 1 or 2 more seconds and then take off. If you're being blitzed, I don't expect you to take the sack though. If you think you can out-run the blitzing defender and passing is not an option, that would be acceptable.

6. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The #8 Scarlet Knights kicked off the season on the road against a fierce #9 UNC team. Coach Fuzzy always likes to challenge his team early in the season, but things did not look promising at half time as Rutgers trailed the Heels 13-27. UNC took the first possession of the game, but it ended quickly as OLB Lester Jones picked off Neal Penn as he lofted the ball in the air after taking a hit. UNC responded with a nice drive, then scored on a Rutgers fumble (Wilcox). From then until the second half, UNC had all the momentum and racked up 27 total first half points. Rutgers no longer had a Jay Harris type of HB to rely on, so the second half was all Jonathan Edwards. The senior QB gave it everything he had, and Rutgers edged by the Tarheels with a late 4th quarter TD pass to put them up 38-34. The defense also stepped things up in the second half, only giving up 7 points. Rutgers will face last year's National Champ in Piscataway next week, and the team couldn't be more amped up after this victory. GG @duhdman1026
    Highlight video:​

7. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Yeah all that is pretty common sense to me. I know I had a few times where I dropped back excessively but i just didn't realize i was doing it b/c my eyes were down field. I'd say I'm a lot more improved this year when it comes to sitting in the pocket and stepping up to avoid pressure. The sprinting to the outside is common sense unless it is a called ROLL OUT play b/c on those play they automatically roll you out. THat write up definitely makes it clearer what is acceptable qb rushing and what isn't. Thanks for the clarification now I won't feel guilty when things break down :)

8. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Payback for the Huskies
    #17 Washington Huskies-24
    #5 Oklahoma Sooners-13

The Washington Huskies headed to Oklahoma today for a rematch with the Oklahoma Sooners, the team that defeated them in last year's Fiesta Bowl. "We have a young team this year. We lost alot of seniors and brought in alot of Freshman, so not everyone was here last year, but I feel like the leaders on this team made sure everyone knew how much they wanted this." Jon O'Neal led what was a very impressive defensive effort that held the Sooners to 154 yards of total offense and only 6 first downs. With his 7 tackles, 1 FFUMB and 1 INT, Jon O'Neal showed this defense mean business. "Last year we were forced out of our element. We won a national title with an explosive running game and an incredible defense, and both of thoe things were there today. That year we had alot of experience, this year we are younger. But I think what we lack in experience and skill we will make up in determination." The running game that coach broth spoke of accounted for 97 yards 2 TD's on 26 carries. The Huskies next week travel across the country to take on the Syracuse Orange.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

#22 Michigan State - 35

#4 Alabama - 38

Complete bullshit

Alabama's QB throws a perfect pass when he is about 75% of the way to the ground to convert a first down to a TE who catches it one handed. The QB also completed 23/30. Was there a slider change or was this one of those games where I gained a comfortable lead of 35-23 and they somehow make a comeback. Included in this comeback was a goal line fumble by my HB, who on the challenge looked to have his knee down. Then Bama proceeds to practically walk down the field as Man and Zone coverage fail. They would also convert the 2 point even though there were 8 seconds left and there was no chance in hell I was coming back.

Thanks EA. Spartans start off 0-1....A loss I can handle but a bullshit loss I don't handle easily. Notre Dame is going to get throttled.

Only notable players were Anthony May (after Allen got knocked out for the game) and James Williams. May threw for over 300 yards and 2 TD while Williams ran for 2 and 162 yards.

• Like Like x 1
  10. duhdman1026

duhdman1026 Walk On

the game of the week rutgers vs unc was a tight one that came down to the final minutes. after being down for most of the game rutgers made a furious comeback and took the lead with 27 seconds. this was a crushing blow to the tarheels the comeback attempt was to no avail as they fell to rutgers 38-34

11. fuzzyl0gic

Best headline for a game ever, haha.

12. fuzzyl0gic

It was great game, I was sweating bullets until the end. In future game summaries, try to include a few more sentences and some stats.

13. fuzzyl0gic

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I was crazy mad about that game, I'm fine now but man that pissed me off

15. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

I'll do my best off of my phone.

16. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Clemson survives scare on the road against Ole Miss, 30-28

Senior QB Brad Roberts threw for 405 yards and 2 TDs. Clemson's worst fear was confirmed when it was obvious that they have a very limited running game, where RB John Foster rushed 16 times for a measly 22 yards.

Sorry tough to do this on a phone.

17. fuzzyl0gic

Ah didn't know you were limited to your phone. Not bad for having to use a little keypad.

18. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Pitt- 31
    BYU - 21

Pitt traveled to Utah for the first game of the season. After a missed field goal for the Cougars, QB Matthew Sanders lobbed it up to WR Pat Holloway on a streak, and Holloway took it the distance for a total of 46 yards. That was the story of the game, big plays by the Panthers, including 3 passes of over 50 yards by the Senior QB. Sanders ended up going 15-27, 344 yards, 4 touchdowns and only one interception. 4 different WR had over 60 yards, and no reciever had more than 4 receptions. The Defense specialized in the bend but don't break method, and the player of the game for Pitt was BYU kicker, who went 0-2 on Field goals for the game.

Pitt (1-0) hosts Rice next week.

19. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Turnovers Derail Upsetminded Orange

#14 Washington Huskies- 35
    Syracuse Orange- 21

The crowd was going nuts. The momentum was going their way. It seemed that the practice all week had paid off. The Orange stood there holding a 14-0 lead over the Washington Huskies, the fourteenth best team in the country. But after the Orange's second touchdown, they wouldn't taste the endzone until the very last play of the game. The Huskies Jon O'Neal forced 3 INT's had 5 tackles and 1 FFUMB, to lead a resurgent Husky team. "We fell behind early. We were demoralized. We drove down quickly and got a TD, but then they marched right down the field again, but this time we stopped them." Stopped them indeed as Jon O'Neal forced a fumble on his own 2 yard line. The Huskies scored 3 times in the final 4:36 of the first half to take the lead into halftime. Then in the second half as it was more of the same. The turnover prone Orange couldn't get out of their own way as the turnovers racked up all of which led to Husky scores. "They hung with us. Plaid with us every play of the game. But at the end of the day they gave us the ball 4 extra times and we capitalized. They are a solid team with a great foundation. We are lucky to escape with a win." said coach broth in hs post game comments. The Huskies get a bye week before heading to Arizona State. The Huskies are still awaiting their home opener.

20. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Washington 35
    Syracuse 21

Some players are remembered for game clinching interceptions. Other players for electric punt returns to steal victory from the hands of the enemy. Senior running back Demarcus Williams will be remembered by Orange fans as the guy who couldn't hold onto the ball. Facing a second and goal from the two yard line Williams took a hand off to the left side, a mere two yards shy of tying a big time game, and he couldn't hold onto the ball. Williams was a hightly touted running back coming out of high school and many Orange fans thought he would be next in line to fulfill a long line of ncaa record setting running backs. But it hasn't been meant to be. Williams contracted fumblitis his first year on campus and it has stuck with him through his senior year. Not only did he cost his team a chance at tying one of the nation's best teams at home, but he managed to get himself injured in the process and will be out the next few weeks.

Of course this is a team game and the loss can't fall on only one person. It could fall on a defense that couldn't make interceptions when it needed to or a head coach that was too enamored with a highly touted quarterback to make a change. Jesse Irons showed that he was a true freshmen today and that he was unable to adjust to the defenses scheme. The Orange don't have time to sit around and cry about pissing away wins at home now though. They better get their asses in check b/c they've got games against Wisconsin and Georgia Tech on the horizon.

21. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

#8 Iowa 28
    Iowa State 24

The Hawkeyes took the field for the first time since their loss to Rutgers in the Rose Bowl to take on rivals Iowa State in the battle for the Cy-Hawk trophy. Both teams went back and forth until a hard hit on the Cyclone's HB popped the ball loose and star linebacker Anthony Spence scooped it up and took it to the house. ISU was able to answer right back though after a questionable deep completion to the sidelines (apparently you can't challenge any plays while a team is running no-huddle) they were able to find the end zone on a short pass to the TE. At the top of the second quarter the Hawkeye's continued to pound the ball down the Cyclone's throats with their two-back rushing attack finally finding the end zone on a one yard run after a play action pass to the TE got them to the goal line. ISU would not stay down however and scored on a 40 yd passing play on the next drive. The Hawkeye's would find some breathing room when 2nd string HB Andrew Scott busted through the entire ISU defense on a 40 yd TD run. Iowa's defense was finally able to get ISU under control and forced a punt, giving the Hawkeye's enough time to get down and put through a field goal to bring the score to 24-14 at the half.

The second half was all defense with both teams having to punt back and forth. ISU was able to finally score however after another questionable sideline pass put them in the red zone to cut the lead to 4. That would be the last time the ISU offense took the field however as one big first down later the Hawkeye's were able to run the clock out and keep the Cy-Hawk trophy in Iowa City for one more year.

Stats

Iowa
    QB Tim Kane 6/14 98 yds
    HB Joe Williams 29 att 161 yds 1 TD 1 FUM
    HB Andrew Scott 9 att 63 yds 1 TD
    SS James Stevenson 3 tkls 1 sack 1 FF
    RE Maurice Johnson 4 tkls 1 FF

Iowa State
    QB Howard Coleman 25/34 391 yds 3 TDs
    WR Darrell Jenkins 6 rec 141 yds 1 TD
    WR Andy Huff 5 rec 98 yds
    MLB Reggie Gibson 6 tkls
    LE Jerald Landry 5 tkls 1 sack

22. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Cougars get routed, lose top 2 seniors.

AP
    Chapel Hill, NC

WSU traveled to Chapel Hill and left any resemblance of football behind them as they were demolished 52-7 by the UNC Tar Heels.
    The bad game was exacerbated when QB Jason Robinson and WR Jason King were both sidelined for the majority of the seasons with injuries.

The Cougars allowed 488 yards of total offense and were only able to muster up one 3 and out.

Wish I had more to write, but this game was completely one sided

23. duhdman1026

duhdman1026 Walk On

UNC bounces back against WSU

WSU took a road trip to chapel hill for a game that had the tarheels heavily favored. With the tarheels coming off a great year and bcs win they were predicted to win big against a rebuilding WSU team. this held true as the tarheels won 52-7. the running game of wynn dominated the WSU defense as he ran for 291 yards and 4 tds on 24 carries. starting qb Penn only thre 5 times and completed 4 for 148 yards and a touchdown. the defense of the heels was stellar as they managed two pick 6's and 2 sacks along with many 3 and outs. the tarheels look to build on the momentum of this win and hopefully get back in contention for the national title.

24. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

that stupid drop on the wide open TD killed my momentum two plays after my starting QB gets knocked out for 7 weeks. It sucked on D too, I knew what you were doing, but my D just couldn't do anything to stop it, it was like a sardine trying to fight a shark

25. fuzzyl0gic

Ouch man, sorry to hear about the injuries and the loss. :(