Season 7 Scores....

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JrRawlins, Nov 17, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

post here...

2. JrRawlins

Week 1​
    [​IMG]44​
    [​IMG]21​

The Hoosiers hit the road to start the season traveling to Raleigh to play the #23 ranked Wolfpack...
    First Quarter
    TD Indiana Demetrius Huggins WR #85 42 yard pass from Jason Freeman QB #9
    TD NC State Eric McAfee HB #35 65 yard rush

With the score tied heading into the 2nd frame... the Hoosiers offense erupted... scoring 17 points in the frame and not looking back...

Second Quarter
    TD Indiana Gerald Sharp WR #11 59 yard pass from Jason Freeman QB #9
    FG Indiana Ryan Huff K #1 32 yard field goal
    TD Indiana Jake Johnson WR #81 24 yard pass from Jason Freeman QB #9

At halftime up 24-7, the Hoosiers began to run clock and pound the ball with Timmons and Taylor... Timmons finished just shy of 100 yards with 98 on the ground on 11 carries, but he left with a concussion. Taylor also got 11 carries but only gained 46 yards and a score....
    Third Quarter
    FG Indiana Ryan Huff K #1 31 yard field goal
    TD NC State Mike Lester WR #81 7 yard pass from Zach Crews QB #16

After the 3rd, the Hoosiers are still feeling comfortable up 27-14 with the ball driving...

Fourth Quarter
    TD Indiana Lee Taylor HB #39 2 yard rush
    TD NC State Dallas Jenkins WR #89 37 yard pass from Zach Crews QB #16
    FG Indiana Ryan Huff K #1 18 yard field goal
    TD Indiana Gerald Sharp WR #11 7 yard pass from Jason Freeman QB #9

Indiana offense starts rolling again after a pick by Kendrick... Taylor scores again.. Sharp has a huge drop in the end zone that would have blown the game wide open but we settled for a field goal...

Quick Summary
    The Offense was strong, the defense was decent but gave up two long runs the pass rush was meh...the o-line was solid, they really opened some holes and protect Freeman which is a great start for our program.... Our secondary played very well... despite giving up a couple of scores...

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

FCS East: 17
    Michigan: 52

Luckily Michigan had a bye week in week 1 so I didn't miss any game. After a dismal 2-10 record last year, Michigan decided to hire a new offensive coordinator and run the Oklahoma State playbook.

It was a good warmup against the FCS team and a good way for the players to get used to the new offense. The new playbook has a lot of good formations and mixes in some nice pass plays and option plays.

Passing:
    Chris Faulk - 12/16, 230 yds, 3 td, 1 int

Rushing:
    Josh Atkinson - 10 att, 91 yds, 1 td
    Frank Richard - 2 att, 50 yds, 1 td

Receiving:
    Luke Wilson - 2 rec, 82 yds, 1 td
    Matthew Robinson - 2 rec, 74 yds, 1 td
    Brian Douglas - 3 rec, 23 yds

Defense:
    23 tfl, 9 sacks, 2 ff, 1 fumb rec, 1 td

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    #17 Oregon State 21, Boston College 26

Very, very sloppy game by Oregon State on a very rainy day in Boston. The Beaver's troubles started early in the 1st when starting HB Lance Lynch suffered an injury that became more and more aggravated as the game progressed. Multiple trips to the bench for medical aid forced backup HB Jack James into the game early. James proceeded to fumble on the first two offensive series while the passing game saw their fair share of lag. Oregon State's equipment managers were furiously changing cleats on the sideline as the Beaver WR corps were slipping on just about every cut.

After going up 7-6, Oregon State managed to get a stop and drive down the field. AA TE Terrance Clayton caught a wide open pass from QB Jason Rutledge only to fumble the ball as he was going to the ground at the 12 yard line. The deflation never seemed to pass as the Oregon State attack never really gained momentum and left their defense on the field for too much of the game. Boston College put up long, methodical drives to put a couple scores on the board. The deficit proved to be too much for Oregon State's struggles as they fall on the road and from the preseason rankings.

I've never seen anything like the slipping I saw in this game. Holy crap. I guess the silver lining is I found some serious problems with this animation, like your QB can't throw it to a receiver that slipped until he gets back up and starts running full speed. I took a lot of sacks because of this.

We have a tough test against a top 10 Boise State team in week 2. We are their first game so they have probably been preparing for us for several months. Could be a disastrous start if we don't answer the call.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I can't believe its taken you until now to realize this. I absolutely HATE playing in bad weather for theat reason. They fall down a LOT on 3rd down, lol.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Week 1

Northwestern - 34
    Arkansas State - 3

This is what happens when I have a talent advantage. Starting QB Andy Williams went 15-22 for 235 yards and 4 scores before spraining his elbow. The defense terrorizes Arkansas state with 7 sacks, including 3 by NT Mark McNeil

Week 2

Northwestern - 27
    Oklahoma - 42

Feeling the loss of Andy Williams Northwestern struggled to move the ball at times with Lance Broussard at the helm of the offense. Oklahoma jumped out to a 14 point lead but Northwestern battled back to take a 24-21 lead into half time, despite two Broussard interceptions. In the second half the Wildcat offense was held to 3 points and Broussard threw two more interceptions. Down 28-27 at the end of the third, talent took over in the fourth as Oklahoma ripped off two giant rushing TD's to pull away.

Side note: Oklahoma's offense is REAL nasty.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It doesn't usually happen as much to me. I don't throw it much, though.

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Illinois -31
    Arizona State - 6

Illinois got back to doing what Coach OMLawdog teams have done for years which is run the damn football. The OL has two really good players, and the RB and FB are pretty damn good, all of which combined for a great performance against an aggressive ASU defense. My QB went 12-15 for 220 yards with 3 TD's and 0 picks, which is an amazing stat line for his career start.

Defensively, the Illini were swarming all over the field defensively causing two interceptions and a fumble which was the difference in the game. Illinois was up 21-3 with about 30 seconds left in the half and ASU was on my 7 yard line. The ASU QB dropped back to pass and was hit by my inside backer and caused to fumble, which was picked up by the Illini team captain and proceeded to rumble 90 yards for a TD which pretty much sealed the game for the Illini by going up 28-3.

The defense played great with the front seven causing several problems for ASU, and overall the team played great.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]
    Iowa running back Scott Edwards rushed for 151 yards on 22 carries with 1 TD in the victory.

#3 IOWA: 34
    KENTUCKY: 14

The #3 Iowa Hawkeyes defeated the Kentucky Wildcats in their season opener on the stellar ground game of RB Scott Edwards and Michael Collins who combined for 163 yards rushing and 2 TD's. FS Joe Rogers and MLB Robert Gay both recorded an interception while Gay lead the team in tackles with 7. The Wildcats struggled to get their rush game going with only 25 yards and the Iowa defense was able to get lots of pressure forcing 4 sacks in the game.

The #3 Iowa Hawkeyes 1-0 (0-0) will next prepare for their matchup with BBJ and the Cal Golden Bears.

10. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Colorado: 7
    Utah: 47

Absolutely raped them. My running game isn't doing as well as last year, probably because my o-line sucks, however, my passing game has not been this good in a while. My quarterback is hitting his targets and has time in the pocket. It's a beautiful thing. The receivers are able to get open, and for the most part, continue to catch the ball.

[​IMG]

11. Bondzai

#8 Florida St: 39
    Michigan: 42

Michigan matches last year's win total and now sit at 2-0 on the season after a huge upset of Florida State.

This was a tale of two halves. In the first half QB Chris Faulk threw 4 interceptions but the Wolverines were able to stay within 3. Faulk calmed down at halftime and came out and didn't throw a pick the rest of the way. Michigan scored 14 unanswered in the 3rd quarter to build a little lead. After finally getting a rushing touchdown in the 4th quarter, Michigan had an 18 point lead with 1:40 left in the game. It only took 38 seconds for FSU to cheese no huddle their way into the end zone and then they get the 2 point conversion and the onside kick. They no huddle their way down the field and get another TD with 18 seconds left to pull with 3 points and their attempted onside kick was recovered by Michigan. Two QB Kneels later and that's the ball game.

Passing:
    C. Faulk - 14/27, 346 yds, 4 td, 4 int

Rushing:
    J. Atkinson - 13 att, 24 yds, 1 td (He had 13 yards on his first 12 attempts before scoring on an 11 yard run)

Receiving:
    M. Robinson - 3 rec, 149 yds, 2 td
    L. Wilson - 3 rec, 69 yds, 2 td
    T. Johnson - 3 rec, 54 yds
    B. Douglas - 3 rec, 32 yds
    J. Atkinson - 2 rec, 42 yds

Defense:
    11 tfl, 5 sacks, 2 ff

12. JrRawlins

Indiana 15
    Baylor 6

tired as hell ill write it tomorrow......

only emmdot and goose left...

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
  14. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah I am about to play here in an hour

15. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Just got demolished by USC. Wow. Their offense was unstoppable. I smoked their defense, but I did have 4 INTs. It was a shootout that I could not win.

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Sorry, I wasn't able to get on a computer at all yesterday... I didn't end up getting my game in until about 3 am...

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 1

OhioSummary.png

Making the switch to the 3-4 this season our defense played extremely well shutting down the option attack of Ohio. HB Bruce Watson filled in well after the departure of Douglas last season.

18. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 2

MarylandSummary.png

Maryland's offense was tough for us to stop in the first half, but the defense settled in during the 2nd half and held to only a field goal in the last 18 minutes of the game. Watson again played well with 2 rushing TDs, and goal line back Moore added one as well.

19. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 3

NotreDameSummary.png

#1 Notre Dame really beat up on our defense in spurts. We couldn't stop the big play against them at all, as they scored 50 points with only 10 first downs. Todd Morris played his best game all year to keep us in this one, but we fell short in the end.

20. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 4

UCLAsummary.png

Our defense played lights out against UCLA. The switch to the 3-4 has really been beneficial to us, allowing us to get a ton more pressure on the quarterback. We currently have 18 sacks through the first 4 games of this season. The offense really struggled to get going. Watson was held to 3 yards per carry, and Morris had some poorly timed incompletions to kill drives, but our defense played well enough to get the win.

21. Bondzai

22. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

#12 Stanford 17
    Arizona State 13

Arizona State really dominated the game despite not getting the win. Mustang out gained me 342-230 on offense, and had 17 first downs to my 7. Luckily for me his QB had a bad game, throwing 3 picks and missing several other throws, and Bruce Watson busted a 94 yard run in the 3rd to push the lead to 10. Arizona State was 0-3 in the red zone as well. We definitely should have lost this game, but were lucky enough to come away with a win.

23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya gg to Timpe. I couldn't sustain a drive once I got into the red zone. QB was sloppy. I made a few bad decisions, but his passes were also all over the place. I just needed to make 1 more play in this one but couldn't. My D played well with the exception of that 95 yrd run in the video, oh how frustrating that was. Worse start to a season in my Deuce history :(

24. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Illinois - 24
    Wisconsin - 13

Well this game was a game that my defense won for me, but it came at a huge price. I lost my freshman RB Kevin Daudell for the season on a broken collarbone. Just a major blow. He made such a difference for the offense and was a great change of pace back. Wiconsin's offense really couldn't get on track and was held to 2 FG's. I threw a pick 6 on just a horrible decisoin by me.

Solid win against a good defense. Now I start a stretch of 5 user games over the next 6 games.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

USC essentially took themselves to the woodshed by the end of the first half. QB Isaac Crenshaw threw a pick to SS Mike Sanders on the first play of the game. The Beaver's defense got to the QB early and often to throw off the rythym of Crenshaw and the Trojan spread attack. USC was able to get some favorable 1v1 matchups during the game, but Oregon State did their best to mix it up and keep the Trojans guessing.

TE Terrance Clayton came up with some huge plays, more notably on 3rd down to extend long drives. He capped off his performance with a 46 yard TD reception that he hauled in over the head of USC's SS. Nickelback Brandon Adams forced a fumble and had a pick to stimulate the defense. FS TJ Burgess had two really long Punt Returns, one of which went for a TD.

Oregon State's running game continues to be erratic. James and Lynch will rip off big runs only to be hit in the backfield on consecutive plays. Coach Drifter is watching film and staying late in order to correct the flaws that are obviously effecting offensive production. If it weren't for Jack James 69 yard scamper, the running game could have been held to less than 75 yards rushing.