Season 7 - What to do?

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by recchem2000, Nov 21, 2012.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wyrmreaver
    SatansAngel1104
    Kapono
    xGRIDIRONxGURUx
    Jayrah
    Boom29
    MexiRican35
    whygodwhy1111

OK guys, its time to ask ourselves if we want to continue this OD. Season 6 has kind of been a snoozer with a shit ton of missed games. Cheez is finally getting a job and will be leaving us. Thats gonna leave us with 9 users. Now, if we have 9 ACTIVE users, we should be good. But if we have another run like this season, I dont see the point.

So first and foremost, I would like everyone to check in...say if they want to continue or not.

Second, I would some ideas on what to do to improve the experience. Sliders, realignment (again), whatever.

Third, Happy Turkey Day Bitches!!! Have fun watching the annual tradition of the Lions losing!

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We can slow the pace if you all want to. At this point, with this game, I dont mind too much. Maybe slowing the pace will allow gowazzucougs to get his ass back in here!

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Slower pace might be nice. But I would like to continue

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I do think a slower pace would help. I would like to continue though.

5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I'm in, this dynasty can't die! 48 hours hard limit CPU games, 48 preferred for users but 72 allowable I think would work fine, maybe we could even have content again

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I've been really busy/sick the last few weeks. I will say NCAA13 has somewhat run its course for me, but I'll continue with the dynasty and hopefully get more involved with my team when I'm able to play my games. I'm also all for the regular 48-hour advance schedule and 72 for extenuating circumstances. I will say that my involvement will be pretty proportional with the rest of the league. If everyone's playing and talking, I will, and if nobody seems to care, I probably won't be able to either.

I don't really care too much about sliders because I feel like the CPU games are getting more and more boring, and I don't really see interest in CPU games picking up, at least for me. But I am in, and a little slower advance schedule would be good for me.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I hate the CPU games at this point.

Also, work shut down this site which really cuts back on my postings. So that sucks big time. Hopefully I will get one of those smart phones soon and can follow along during the week at work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

I had to sim but it was because I traveled back home to the wife and kids... slower pace isn't necessary but 72 hour for users is sometimes very necessary... but I don't want this OD to go away...

9. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I'm still in. Slower pace should help. CPU games, they are basically like practice since I can use my custom pb in them, so the sliders right now are fine. I'm all about the user games tho. I think once we get a solid group we should be good.

10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

CPU games used to be practice for me but now with the new sliders im stuck running routes i hate just to get open lol. So CPU games have become a chore rather than entertaining practice.

I like playing the user games still. the 72 hours could help. As there will still be times i leave for the weekends... generally Friday through Sunday. Or Saturday through Monday. These are unavoidable trips that are priority over anything else in my life lol.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

recchem2000 if cheez is gone you guys may want to go the route you and I discussed before I left - dropping the non-user teams from the SEC and making it an all user conference (or as much a one as possible).

12. Wyrmreaver

..... shoo fly, dont bother us! :p

13. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Just tryin to help.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Sorry I'm so freaking late to THIS party. Never even saw this over the weekend. Slowing the pace is VERY preferable for me. I won't be available as many nights because of reffing, so a 72 hr advance will allow me to make plans ahead of time with users and then be able to keep them. As others have said, this Dynasty MUST NOT DIE! :D

I like the idea of dropping a couple non-user schools from the conference, as it increases the user/user probability, but of course we still want a Conference Championship I imagine so we have to keep at least 12.

As for sliders I'm still in favor of (mostly) what we have as it's giving me a solid challenge. The O-line blocking seems a bit strong (could be because of my lack of good talents however on the D-line) and broken tackles are high. In fact I went to big hit the qb and warped right through the middle of him (costing me the game) in my bowl. Not sure if it was measured as a broken tackle or just a horribly timed glitch though.

15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Zach I have bad news I may never come back. :( My life at this point is hectic as can be. And my wife keeps planning on adopting a child from Russia. That will be at least a two week trip to Russia some time in March (or my wife says)

16. Wyrmreaver

By never you mean that you'll be back for NCAA '14 right? If not we need to have a talk about priorities Forrest, kids are great and all, but this shit is serious. I live close enough to come over and "talk" some sense into you.... (by talk I mean beat)

:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jayrah

I hear Russian kids watch themselves quite nicely. :D

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Mine too but you're welcome back anytime. The place isnt the same with you guys :(

19. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

In Soviet Russia, child watches you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am going to try and get on xbox next week. I will text you some time next week and see if you guys are available.

• Like Like x 2
  21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Dah

22. Jayrah

Fixed.

• Like Like x 1