Season 7 Wrap up

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    PAC-12 North:

Oregon State 8-2 (5-1)controls their own destiny with rivals Washington and Oregon left on the docket. If they win out, they are in the PAC-12 championship. Stanford 8-3 (5-2) could slide in if the Beavers take a loss and if they manage to beat Cal. Stanford has the heads-up tie-breaker over OSU and puts the pressure on the Beavers to beat two tough opponents. Cal (4-6) needs a big victory over the red-hot Cardinals in order to have a shot at bowl eligibility.

PAC-12 South:

The Utes (7-3) and Coach Sanders all but have their bags packed for the PAC-12 championship game. USC still holds an outside shot of getting in if Utah trips up in these last few vital weeks of conference play. Arizona State (3-8) desperately needs a win over hated rival Arizona if they want to keep Coach Mustang around to fight another season.

BIG Legends:

Despite Iowa's gruelling 28-17 loss to Illinois last week, the have locked up the legends division for the second year in a row. The defending national champions are looking forward to the possible rematch against the fighting Illini in the B1G championship game. Northwestern (4-6) looks to win out and become bowl eligible after missing out last year. Michigan (5-5) suffered a setback when they dropped a close game to Coach Mason and Northwestern, but can become bowl eligible with a win in one of their final two games.

BIG Leaders:

Illinois locks up their division after being triumphant in their toughest test of the season against Ohio State and Iowa. We could have been talking about a different team in the driver seat as the surprising yet inconsistent Hoosiers have turned some heads. Having beaten Illinois and catching the Buckeyes in a slump this week, Indiana and Coach JrRawlins could have been sitting really pretty if it weren't for a few blowout losses early in conference play. Even with a tOSU victory this week, the Buckeyes can only hope for second fiddle this year. With Illinois and Iowa ahead of them in the BCS polls, that likely means missing a BCS bowl birth for the second year in a row, despite owning the appropriate ranking.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Thats annoying.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think everyone, especially the B1G guys, should be thanking JR for knocking off Lawdog. Otherwise it's very likely another win over Iowa would put him in the Nat'l title game.

I'm hoping the PAC-12 talent can eventually catch up to the B1G. Stanford takes a step back next year. Oregon State likely still overs around a B+ and who knows what Utah will look like. Hopefully the Rose Bowl becomes more of an annual user battle.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I know one thing, everyone can expect to play Nevada, Boise St and West Virginia next year. Sick of seeing them so high on the poles. Nevada is a :5stars: program now I think. Total crap.

5. Keller

Doesn't it look like the winner for the B1G will be playing for a national title anyways?

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Not necessarily. Still need help with them sitting at #5 and #7 respectively.

Would someone mind posting the polls so we can take a look?

7. Keller

[​IMG]

8. Keller

Move them into a real conference?

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    No, a couple of 3 and 4 loss seasons will put them in their place.

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Shit Illinois is ranked a lot higher in the other polls. Still probably need an OU or Florida loss. At least with real life poll logic. Since OU has a good point differential and Illinois can't do much better in the other polls that would earn them the difference.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I need one win to be bowl eligible but unfortunately my last 2 games are against Illinois and Ohio St.

12. Keller

I was going to sit down and write a recruiting or season 8 freshman prospectus but alas, hardly anyone has posted their spreadsheets in Bond's thread, myself included. Mine is posted now but, I thought we said we were going to make sure people are posting these now?

13. Bondzai

I did what I could...I provided thread solely for the spreadsheets that only needed to be posted once. I can't do it for them.

14. Keller

I hear ya - I thought it was a great idea. Shows how much I know.

15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I have all of my recruiting classes at Illinois, but I can't post them up. I can email them to someone and they can post it for me.

My recruiting class this year blows. Missing out on three big time players really hurt.

16. Bondzai

It was an amazing idea....just sayin.

17. Keller

I'm hoping theres some type of internet filter thats stops you from posting them because if you can use Excel, you can post them - and I know you know how to use Excel. Well, you better know how to use Excel....

18. OMlawdog

Yeah i have them in excel, but I can't insert gifs, movies, pictures or spreadsheets. Not sure why.

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    1. I went to a bowl last year.
    2. I can't beat Nevada, West Virginia or Boise State.:)

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Huh?

21. Keller

You could learn the tags for them but my guess is its a browser issue - or user error, lol.

[media][/media] is what you want. Then you just publish your spreadsheets on googledocs and take whats in the middle. See below...

[​IMG]

So to tag this you would do

Code:
    [media]0AukeHUjpU4b-dHA1ckstazVkYjBEemgxY2J6aFRGS2c[/media]

Without the code box obviously. I'm pretty sure thats correct - Shaun can verify.

22. Keller

For images
    Code:
    [img]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/mkeller25/Capture-1691.jpg[/img]

Youtube is media as well, same thing as the googledoc

23. OMlawdog

After 6 User games this year, Im happy to play all of these teams.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I did the best I could with my memory and this week's weekly advance thread. Three users missed last year. I guess that was BBJ, Jr and Khaalis.

25. Bondzai

and me.