Season 8 (2018) - Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Cheez, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Post em up. Now that I'm out of school, I'll be back to my old self posting. Let's all kind of roll back into this.

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

#3 Michigan State 31
    #5 Alabama 24

Alabama gave Michigan State a very hard time and led 17-14 at halftime as their running game was very difficult to stop all game. MSU freshman QB Ryan Johnson made his 1st start and really picked it up in the 2nd half. Freshman HB Kevin Alexander did his job on special teams and returned 1 of his 2 returns for a TD. Last year’s freshman of the year, Lukas Adams had another great game receiving for 127 yards and 2 TD’s. Up 4, MSU drove the field and converted on a FG with 3:27 left in the game to go up 7, but Alabama broke a wildcat play for 66 yards to tie it up. 3 plays after, Ryan Johnson hooked up with Lukas Adams for a 59 yards pass to go up 7 and secure the win. Next week MSU faces another top-10 team in Stanford.

Ryan Johnson (QB)- 21-33 for 285 yards, 3 TD, INT, 8 carries for 42 yards
    Ryan Keith (HB)- 14 carries for 46 yards
    Lukas Adams (WR)- 6 receptions for 127 yards, 2 TD
    Demetrius Patterson (WR)- 3 receptions for 30 yards, TD
    Aaron Long (LB)- 10 tackles, 2 TF
    Drew Adams (DT)- 5 tackles, 3 sacks

3. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Upset in Tempe
    Auburn falls to Arizona State 24-17

Already with a 10 point lead midway through the third quarter, Auburn appeared to be ready to break the game open when QB Eric Warren scrambled for 30 yards to the Arizona State 15 yard line. After a minimal gain on first down, Warren would fumble on a read option play. Arizona State DE Anthony Peoples would recover the fumble and return it 81 yards for a TD to get the Sun Devils on the scoreboard and turn the momentum entirely. The Sun Devils would find the end zone on their next drive on a 6 yard TD pass from QB Cory Malone to WR Tramon Lewis to take a 14-10 lead. Playing with confidence, the defense would again force Auburn to punt, allowing the offense to do the rest. Malone would find WR Drew Nolen for a 40 yard TD pass on a perfectly executed middle screen, giving the Sun Devils a 21-10 lead and much needed separation. Malone who was inconsistent and turnover-prone in his first year as a starter, only finished 9/22, but avoided the crucial turnovers that had plagued the Sun Devil offense.

Notable Stats
    QB Cory Malone - 9/22, 112 yds, 2 TD
    HB Jamaal Hodge - 13 car, 60 yds
    DE Anthony Peoples - 7 tack (4 solo), 2 TFL, 1.5 sack, FF, FR, TD
    DT Antwan Rodgers - 5 tack (3 solo), 3 TFL, 1.5 sack, FF
    DE Ashton Joseph - 2 tack (2 solo), 2 TFL, sack

4. Cheez

#6 Stanford[​IMG][​IMG]#15 Notre Dame

Stanford Offense Strugles in Victory

With numbers thinning out in what was at one time the most talented backfield in the country, Coach Cheez is scrambling to find a system that fits his talent base.

Umm, coach? You might want to keep looking. What the Cardinal displayed was not working on this day. Stanford seemingly went back to the one back system that was used during the Stepfan Taylor era. The only issue with this is that Josh Pierce is no Stepfan Taylor. The junior would rush for only 72 yards on 25 carries in his debut as a starter for the Cardinal.

Coach Cheez also attempted implementing a more balanced attack, giving sophomore QB Timothy Singletary a chance to showcase his arm. Singletary did not have a bad day tossing the rock around, completing eight of his twelve passes on the evening, but the only thing Singletary is showcasing is the grass stains on the all white jerseys of Stanford. The sophomore was sacked 7 times by the Fighting Irish defense. Welcome to NCAA Football, Mr. Singletary.

Still, despite all the calamity that was occurring on the offensive side of the ball, the defense held strong for four quarters. The Cardinal still seemed slow in the secondary, but they were aided by a pass rush that generated a total of eight sacks from five different players. With the defense and special teams firing on all cylinders, the Cardinal were able to muster up just enough offense to win it on a 44 yard field goal as time expired.

After a tough game like this, Cardinal fans would love to think that it gets easier from here. They would love to think that, but of course it is only a fantasy. Stanford will be involved in a Rose Bowl rematch against Michigan State next weekend up in East Lansing. The Spartans cashed in on 5 Stanford interceptions on January 1st, which does not bode well for Stanford if they continue to struggle with their rushing attack.

Stanford Team Stats:
    Passing: Timothy Singletary - 8-12, 197 yards, QB Rating: 204.5
    Rushing: Josh Pierce - 25 carries, 72 yards, TD, Long: 11
    Receiving: Buck Carter - 2 receptions, 59 yards, Long: 50
    Kicking: Donnell Minor - 1/1 PAT, 5/5 FG (45, 41, 50, 38, 44)

Notre Dame Team Stats:
    Passing: Alvin Marquardt - 13-17, 178 yards, 2 TD, QB Rating: 203.2
    Rushing: Lester Williams - 15 carries, 104 yards, Long: 54
    Receiving: Alan Barnes - 5 receptions, 49 yards, TD, Long: 13
    Kicking: Corey Evans - 2/2 PAT, 2/3 FG (28, 40, Missed 48)

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    #6 Stanford 7 9 0 6 22
    #15 Notre Dame 7 7 3 3 20

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I can guaruntee you I win if you throw 5 picks again :)

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I can guaruntee you you will win if Cheez throws the ball more than 5 times :)

7. Cheez

Oy, then we have quite the conundrum. I can guarantee Kapono wins if I throw 5 or less times....

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Somebody is about to lose all credibility :cool:

9. Cheez

how so? im going to be lucky to go 7-5 this year.

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah I wasn't thinking straight there. I though you said the opposite thing. But anyways, Stanford is a 97 this year and I have a freshman QB running a pass-heavy offense. Should be a close game since MSU's at home.

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

But one of you will be wrong if I lose.

12. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Cal rolls over #10 TCU 41-3

This game was over in the first qtr, as Cal went up 24-0 by the first gun and never looked back. The Golden Bear defense held the Frogs to a paltry 94 yards, while forcing 5 turnovers, 7 sacks and scoring 2 tds. Lester Bell did the rest, going for 135 and 3 tds behind an o line that did nothing in pass protection, but did the job in the run game. Now a real test vs Ohio State awaits.

13. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

NU's new coach gets to try out his new team against FCS Midwest and got a good feel for his team. The D forced 4 interceptions which set up an easy half for the starters. QB Gray went 15-25 for 242 yards and 2 TD's.

Northwestern 56 - FCS Midwest 2

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Almost lost to Boise! Ingram threw 3TD and 4INT before I benched him. He came back. I think he finished w something like 18 carries for -3 yards after sacks lol. Need to find a groove w this team on offense...

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

New season, same old song and dance for the Bruins in their opening game...a slugfest with a sluggish offense. Luckily, we survived at home against #18 Iowa, 17-12. UCLA scored with seconds to play on a 6 yard TD run. Once again, the offense, with new coordinator and all, was stagnant, managing less than 200 yards of offense. The defense played well, especially in the red zone, not allowing the Hawkeyes in the end zone all day, forcing them to kick 4 field goals. Up next, #1 Penn State...cpu...wonder how well thats gonna go :oops:

16. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I get em after you...

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll soften them up for ya :D

18. Cheez

#4 Stanford[​IMG][​IMG]#1 Michigan State

Stanford Stuns Sparty in Slugfest

It's said that the nicest things often come in ugly packages. There was nothing pretty about the sight in East Lansing on Saturday afternoon when Stanford came in for a showdown with the #1 Spartans. It was a rainy, windy setting for this battle between top 5 teams, but that's only the tip of the iceberg.

Stanford once again would find themselves struggling to move the football on offense. In fact, until the final drive they only had 3 plays that went for over ten yards in the entire game. Two of these were on the same drive: a 24 yard run by Howell which set up Pierce's 39 yard TD scamper on a toss to the left. This would be the only Cardinal touchdown on the day. The Cardinal aerial attack was once again effectively ineffective throughout much of the game, gaining only 55 yards and getting Singletary sacked five times.

Michigan State knew all to well about the dilemma in the passing game. Their two QBs combined for a 45% completion percentage on 31 attempts. Nearly every other dropback would see a Stanford lineman pummeling the Spartan QB into the turf. The Cardinal front four would accumulate eight sacks to go with the numerous hits that were being levied at every opportunity.

Yet, despite the appalling display of offense, the game did end with a little flare. With 2:01 remaining and the score 10-3, Michigan State would finally hit their stride and began moving the ball downfield with ease. With thirty-eight seconds left, the Spartans would hand off to Keith on a draw play. Keith would go untouched for the five yard score which tied the game up at ten. Scott would give Stanford good field position for a last-minute effort to get into field goal range. On third and short, Singletary would hit Maxwell along the left sideline and put Stanford on the outskirts of field goal range with only 0:08 left on the clock. Singletary would then connect with Maxwell again on a quick out route, which set up a 52 yard field goal with two seconds remaining. The kick would split the uprights right down the middle, giving the Cardinal a snippet of revenge against the team that beat them in the Rose Bowl last season.

More importantly, however, this win gave the Cardinal a win over the number one team in the country. Surely Stanford will move up in the rankings, but it's anyone's guess how far that jump will be. Either way, expect the Cardinal to have a big target on their backs next week as they move on to the third leg of this four game road trip. Next week, Stanford will open conference play with a trip to Arizona State. Coach Boom has the Devils on the right track with 2 wins over ranked teams already this year. However, a win over Stanford would do a lot to validate Arizona State's position in the conference.

Stanford Team Stats:
    Passing: Timothy Singletary - 6-12, 55 yards, QB Rating: 88.5
    Rushing: Josh Pierce - 21 carries, 105 yards, TD, Long: 39
    Receiving: Brandon Maxwell - 2 receptions, 31 yards, Long: 24
    Kicking: Donnell Minor - 1/1 PAT, 2/2 FG (56, 52)

Michigan State Team Stats:
    Passing: Ryan Johnson - 11-28, 152 yards, INT, QB Rating: 77.7
    Rushing: Ryan Keith - 9 carries, 40 yards, TD, Long: 10
    Receiving: Lukas Adams - 6 receptions, 123 yards, Long: 49
    Kicking: Spencer Kendrick - 1/1 PAT, 1/1 FG (41)

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    #4 Stanford 0 10 0 3 13
    #1 Michigan State 0 3 0 7 10

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  19. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Penn State on the road. Yeah, I'm glad I don't play them this season :)

20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Huskies Roll Over Sun Devils
    Beat Arizona State 31-14

Washington scored a touchdown on their first possession converting four third downs in the process. The Sun Devils would then drive the back inside the Husky 20 yard line, only to turn the ball over on an interception. The Huskies would then drive the length of the field to score a touchdown and go up 14-0. Although the Arizona State rushing attack was effective on the day, the inability of QB Cory Malone to connect with his receivers caused a number of drives to stall in the first half, which ended without any points from the Sun Devils.

Coach Akai would bench Malone in favor of Vickers to start the second half, and the offense would respond by scoring a touchdown late in the third quarter to bring the Sun Devils within seven. Yet, the defense began to tire, which opened up holes for Husky HB Dave Weber, who would go on to score his second TDof the game on a 34 yard run. With Washington leading 28-7, Vickers would find Justin Thompson for a 23 yard TD pass to pull the Sun Devils within 14. The Sun Devils would go on to recover the onside kick, put any glimmer of hope was gone after an incomplete pass on 4th down. In an unsportsmanlike display, the Huskies would add a FG with no time remaining on the clock. Said Coach Akai, "we'll see them next year."

Notable Stats
    QB Cory Malone - 3/12, 19 yds, 2 INT (Weekly Worst nominee!!)
    QB Cody Vickers - 13/21, 164 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT
    HB Jamaal Hodge - 11 car, 70 yds
    TE Justin Thompson - 4 rec, 56 yds, 2 TD
    MLB Mark Brown - 8 tack (6 solo), TFL, FF
    DE Anthony Peoples - 6 tack (5 solo), 2 TFL, sack, FF

Player of the Game - Washington HB Dave Weber - 21 car, 155 yds, 2 TD

21. Cheez

... is Washington going to be this year's Arizona?

22. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

They have similarities...starting with their QB scrambling.

23. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Northwestern's QB Gray could not have started the game any better, throwing 3 TD's on the opening 3 drives. But USC's own passing offense and kicking game kept them in it with the score 21-13 at the half. An interception in the third by Gray was only to be followed up by an USC interception, and Gray would respond with a one yard keeper. USC would come roaring back, as they scored 20 unanswered points to take a 33-28 lead in the fourth. Gray would come up to hit WR Cronin on an 84 yard score to take back the lead 35-33. The NU defense could not hold, giving up a TD. After a USC FG, the Wildcats had one last shot. Gray had a wide open Davis who would not have been caught by the defense but...it was overthrown. A sack with no timeouts ended the game and chance to upset the #4 team in the nation.

#4 USC 42 - Northwestern 35

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 31
    Penn State - 28

The whygodwhy1111 less Penn State squad fall to the underdog Bruins in Happy Valley! Complete turnaround for the UCLA offense versus the Iowa game a week Prior, as they put up more than 400 yards of offense and QB Russ hit on 16/22 passes for over 300 yards and 2 TD's. Good to beat a far superior CPU team on the road, and I will take the win but I think if WGW were playing this game, I get throttled! His team speed is incredible and im pretty sure he would have user picked a few of my passes that were thrown into tight windows. BUT, the Bruins roll on, coming home to take on Washington State, who's coach, gowazzucougs , has already guaranteed a Cougar victory. WRITE IT DOWN :doodie:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

CPU USC is a whore...they have beaten me countless times! Dru recruited like a bastard before he left and it shows! Im just happy to have them at home this year!

• Like Like x 1