Season 8 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Boom29, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Nothing to see here.

Week 2
    Virginia Tech 48 - Alabama 24

The Hokies scored the game's first 34 points to jump out to a 34-3 halftime lead and cruised to victory.

They say it's better to undersell and over-deliver. Alabama's coach recchem2000 promised four (4) INTs and threw six (6). Well played.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I should have said 4-7...that's my range I think

3. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

#2 GA 35
    #9 Va Tech 24

After losing 19 starters from the BCS Title team last season :trophy:, GA welcomed the 9th ranked Hokies into Athens for their first true test of this season. The Georgia Bulldogs hung on for the win in this one. The Dawgs go up 21-0 early in the 2nd QTR. The Va Tech then scores the next 24 points to take a 24-21 lead going into the 4th QTR. GA got back on track and scored 2 times to put the game away. Va Techs run defense was STOUT in this one. They held last years Heisman trophy winner Nate Pryor to only 38 yards on 13 carries before knocking his ass out on a big hit in the 3rd QTR and he was done for the game with a concussion.

GMONEYS FUC$%^G BONE HEAD PLAY OF THE GAME. :mad::oops::rolleyes:

GA up 21-7 with less then 10 seconds left in the first half. GA tried to pass the ball and was picked off by Va Tech and returned to the end zone to make it 21-14 at the half.

gg Boom29 (y)

Next up for the Dawgs is a trip to Tallahassee FL to take on 3rd ranked FSU. Kapono FSU will be looking for payback as GA scored a TD on the last play of the game to escape with a 21-20 win. :D GA can't throw another 5 INTS :mad: as they did last year in Athens if they are to stand a chance in this one. ESPN will make this the GOTW and this game has been sold out for weeks. :5stars:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Ya, good game. I was surprised to still find myself in the game after the horrible first half, but like you mentioned, your "bonehead" play of the game helped a bit. Settling for a FG instead of a TD was huge.

5. GMONEY 15

Week 5

#1 GA 42
    #3 FSU 27

Georgia came into their game in Tallahassee wondering how their young team would do in their first TRUE road test of the season against the #3 ranked Seminoles. It was the ESPN Saturday night GOTW. It was a total team effor as Brandon Huston threw 3 TD passes and the Dawgs raced out to a 21-7 at the half and held on to defeat Florida State 42-27. However the mood in the GA locker room quickly became somber as Heisman trophy winner :trophy: Nate Pryor appeared to suffer an Abdominal tear in the 2nd QTR. The ex-rays came back positive and Doctor Phil said that he will miss 8 weeks. :doodie: In GMONEYS next man up mentality, Back up RB Mike Colvin rushed 7 times for 83 yards in his absence. GA used a balance attack as they ran the rock 28 times and passed 21 times to attempt to keep the FSU A+ ranked defense off balance. :cool:

gg Kapono

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

8 weeks? Oh i thought he was just out for the game

7. GMONEY 15

Nah bro, you knocked his ass to the sideline for 2 months. :( Last game Va Tech knocked him out for the game. :( He went from a potential back to back Heisman candidate to watching the next 2 months from the sidelines. (n)

8. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I miss my 360........

9. GMONEY 15

Miss balling with you Wyrmreaver. :cool:(y) Even though I wasn't a BIG fan of that CHEESY ASS ,Bull :doodie: 3-3-5 D you ran. Just fu2345G with you. :D

10. GMONEY 15

Week 9 ESPN Saturday night GOTW

#1 Georgia 31
    #2 Florida 28

AP) Adam Gore kicked a 52 yard FG as time expired as The Georgia Bull Dawgs score 17 points in the last 5 minutes in a wild finish as Top ranked Georgia hangs on for a thrilling 31-28 victory over the #2 Florida Gators. Florida controlled the pace first half and went into the locker room up 13-7. The Gators defense was huge as they picked off Brandon Huston 2 times. The first one was on the 2nd play of the opening drive by GA and the other 1 was in the RED zone.

Florida got the ball to start the 2nd half and their very first play was a 58 yard pass from Jacob Smith to Warren Tate on a great play call. They caught the GA defense on a blitz and exploited their week 1 on 1 coverage and dude had almost 5 yards on the nearest GA defender. 2 plays later, Tate catches a 4 yard TD pass from Kyle Jones to put FLA up 20-7. You could hear a pin drop in Athens as well as a few boo birds as GA was getting smacked at home by their SEC counterparts. In the TV timeout, Coach GMONEY huddles with his team and had this to say to his team. "We are not playing GA football. We are getting whipped in the trenches and missing way to many tackles. Let's play with some dam fire and get back into this game." GA responded with a TD drive as Mike Colvin plunged in from a yard out to trim FLA lead to 21-14. That's how the 3rd period ended.

In the 4th , FLA went right down the field again and scored a TD and a 2 pt conversion to go up 28-14 with 5 minutes left in the game. GA had to do down field and in a hurry. The no huddled their way down the field and scored in 2 minutes as Colvin once again dove in from a yard out to make it 28-21 with 3 minutes left. The crowd was going crazy as now the defense needed to make a play to give the Dawgs another shot. The defense didn't disappoint as CB LaMarr Cook picked off a Kyle Jones pass inside FLA territory as the Dawgs were in business with under 2 minutes to go. GA got into the FL red zone and on a 3rd and goal with 41 ticks left Mike Colvin caught a 6 yard TD pass from Kris Muhammad to tie the game at 28. However leaving FLA and their A+ offense 41 seconds and 2 times outs, it looked pretty grim. What could possibly happen now. FLA would get a first down and with a 3rd and 8 from their own 42, the play of the game would occur. Jones dropped back to pass. Of course GA would not be getting any real pressure on him. He went just a bit to his right and it looked like he was trying the pass the ball. But wait, here comes Reggie Moses and he put's a hit on Jones and it's a fumble and the Dawgs recover the ball at the Gator 35 with 1 second left and immediately called timeout. Adam Gore trots onto the field to attempt to kick a 52 yard FG on the last play of the game. FLA used their last TO to try and ICE the FR kicker as this was his biggest kick in his your GA career. Good snap, good hold and the kick sailed through the uprights to give the top ranked Georgia Bulldogs a wild 31-28 win over the 2nd ranked Gators.

GG

That was 1 wild ass finish SatansAngel1104 I was nervous as all hell leaving you 42 ticks and 2 time outs for you bro. Your O Line is STOUT. I really didn't put any pressure at all during the game unless I tried to blitz you. I was really worried about your All Universe DE coming into this game as I knew I had to get the ball off quickly to my receivers. He did get through a few times but luckily I had already fired off the pass. We both had great balance to the game as you passed 26 times and ran 21 times(y) and I passed 23 times and ran 24. (y)