Season 8 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Post your weekly game summaries here.

2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Week 1 Game Recap

The Bulldogs take on #18 ranked Boise State at home in week 1 and dominate. The final score was no surprise as the Bulldogs have built an almost unstoppable team for the new season. Starting QB #7 Mark Fine was player of the game throwing for 326 yards and 2 touchdowns completing 14 out of 23 throws.

wk1yr8 rmg pic.PNG
    Above HB #27 Jermaine Bryant turns a 3rd & long into an 18 yard touchdown.

wk1yr8 rmg sb ss.PNG wk1yr8 rmg ts.PNG

3. jandy

jandy Walk On

[​IMG]

Week 1​

week 1 yr 3 pic.PNG fsu vs fiu yr 3.PNG

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Ohio State 38
    Clemson 17

Clemson looked terrible with the debut of a new offensive and defensive scheme. After Terry McIntire and Jay Melton left Clemson needed to find production to replace the #1 rushing attack in the nation. They ran they ran and shoot but were outmatched by a buckeye team who got 5 interceptions. Clemson's great kicker missed 2 field goals in the game, 61 and 66. The defense did allow 38 points but it did look like it had potential. The 3-3-5 defense will be centered around true freshman Carlos Wright who played pretty well getting 7 tackles (one for loss) 2 pass deflections, and one INT. This is a guy I wish I could use down the road. Clemson is now 0-1 and their goals have shifted from National Championship to ACC Championship.

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Clemson 40
    Akron 0

A few things I've learned from this game after switching to Hawaii's playbook and the 3-3-5:
    1. Besides the fact that Akron is terrible, this defense is very good and true freshman FS Carlos Watson is the centerpiece of the 3-3-5 and is doing a very good job though 2 games.
    2. Clemson has absolutely no running game and will need to rely on the pass this year. I found that out in the 2nd half when I was running the ball and just couldn't move against Akron. No HB on the roster is capable of running well in any systerm.
    3. The passing game will be leaned on, but there are no playmakers at QB or WR.

Usually a 40-0 blowout doesn't lead to negativity, but I just feel like my offense will be bad this season. The defense played very good allowing just 70 yards and racking up 5 sacks. They did not force any turnovers this game, and Akron's QB was held to about 35-40% passing.

6. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Glad someone else is running an "unconventional defense"... im running the 4-2-5 but have a 3-3-5 formation in the playbook as well and like it.. ill be keeping an eye on how it turns out for you.

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I love the 3-3-5, I just never have 5 DB's that are good enough. For me its just the lack of DT and MLB. I think I could dominate if I had a great free safety, but I'm stuck with a true freshman who will vanish when 12 drops. I can't imagine how useful his career at Clemson could've been for 4 years.