Season 8 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

1. [​IMG] (12-0)
    Still going strong after all these years, it still looks like Hokie will finish another season undefeated and with a National Championship. The only close game all year for the Nittany Lions was against Minnesota, and QB Ahmad Jones has been putting up ridiculous numbers (38TD 5INT). Unless someone can figure out a way to stop this Penn State offense they should easily walk away undefeated.

2. [​IMG] (10-1)
    One has to start feeling bad for brave, who seems to win every game each year except his matchup with Hokie. Ohio State may have the most talented team in the nation, but they just can't get over their slump against Penn State. I believe Ohio State would destroy Nebraska if they played so that's why they get the nod here.

3. [​IMG] (11-0)
    Nebraska has managed to stay undefeated with close victories (biggest win was by 8 in a user game), including a several one-point games and games that came down to the final play. With 2 user games left against Minnesota and Texas, Nebraska is nowhere near a lock, especially with star HB Roland McKenzie nursing an injury.

4. [​IMG] (10-1)
    Texas has the case for being #3 over Nebraska, and we'll find out soon who the better team is, but their not-so-common-when-it's-a-different-user opponent was Florida State, which Nebraska beat and Texas lost to. The Longhorns can probably jump Ohio State with consecutive user wins to end the season, and get one more shot at Hokie.

5. [​IMG](10-1)
    Quietly lurking at the #5 ranking, and with only one loss on the year to Ohio State, UCLA is having quite the season behind Perry's direction. Albeit all of his user wins are by a touchdown, and he's going to get quite the break with USC being CPU-controlled, but Perry has taken UCLA to at least an 11 win season and will have an outside shot at making the title game.

6. [​IMG] (9-2)
    I'm giving them the edge based purely on schedule, as Florida State's 2 losses are to the only 2 undefeated teams left. Noles played admirably against Nebraska but didn't do too well against Hokie, so I'm sure Dru wishes he could have gotten to play this season out. Either way Florida State will have a chance to finish the season strong with 2 user games remaining.

7. [​IMG] (9-2)
    Another year, another disappointing Big 10 performance for the Gophers, who just can't seem to beat Penn State and Ohio State in the same season (or Hokie at all). He still has an impressive win over Oklahoma and a chance to end Nebraska's title hopes (but that somehow didn't work last year ;)). Beazus keeps stocking up the talent in the frozen north, sooner or later he'll have the guns to knock off the big dogs.

8. [​IMG] (9-3)
    After a terribly bitter and disappointing start to the season for Oklahoma (2-3), the Sooners have rebounded with 7 straight wins, including a lopsided win against rival Oklahoma State. Eventually Oklahoma is going to have to break this losing streak to Nebraska if they want back in to the Big 12 title, and that might happen next year as his team matures.

9. [​IMG] (9-2)
    The Cowboys have a tough end to the season with Florida State coming to town. It was another heartbreaker for the Cowboys against Texas, and I have a feeling Jman will finally get a big win against the Longhorns within a couple seasons. But things are looking up for the Pokies with a stud freshman running back and a good showing against other users this season.

10. [​IMG] (8-3)
    It was a hard decision, but I think Washington State is taking steps in the right direction, and have had a couple tough outs in user games this season. The Cougars have finally started getting some talent, and a big win over USC will help on that front I assume. Just in time for the dynasty to start its last few months, Wazzu gets on a roll.

11. [​IMG] (8-3)
    After a tough 7-pt loss to start the season, UNC never really recovered, unable to win a user game and relegated to another Division crown in the ACC, something the fans should appreciate but we all know they expect a little more. With Vandermint's career winding down, he has left quite an impression at UNC, and turned them into a respectable football school.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Very nice work Blonde. I must admit it is frustrating to continuously lose to the same opponent every season. I really gotta find a way to beat Hokie.

Doubt I get that chance this year. The only possible way would be Minnesota knocking off Nebraska, and Nebraska rebounding against Texas. Even in that scenario I probably get jumped by 1-loss Nebraska. Vandermint also could help me out by beating Texas, so its not impossible. I see no scenario where UCLA gets in, since there is no real way for them to pass the Buckeyes.

3. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Great work Bl0nde. With 2 user games left I have a tough road to hold.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Great write up Blonde and it will be interesting how the end of the year plays out. Several teams still alive for the other BCS title spot and expecially with EA's poll logic anyone in the top 5 right now has a chance.....