Season 8 press release...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Feb 26, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Season 8 press release...

I encourage all deuce members to fill this out...

1.How did you feel your team did this year?
    2.Who was your breakout player
    3.Who was your biggest disappointment
    4.Biggest win
    5.Worst Loss
    6.MVP of your team
    7.Freshman of the year of your team

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

--We reach our goal but didnt complete the mission.....
    -- MLB Ian George, he blossomed into a dominant MLB... he really was the quarterback of our defense.....
    -- Bryan Parham, after winning the Heisman his freshman year, to an medicore season with a huge drop in the national title game.. from Hero to ZERO faster than Tiger Woods...
    4.Biggest win -- vs. Georgia in the SEC Title Game....

5.Worst Loss -- The collapse in the Title Game....

6.MVP of your team -- Keller, absolute stud... threw 48 touchdowns and missed a game and a half....

7.Freshman of the year of your team -- For the first time in a long time, I didnt have any frshman play for the Wahoos....

3. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

1.How did you feel your team did this year? - - We did decent. With the QB position undecided, I was worried going into the season. I was disappointed in the play of my defense though.

2.Who was your breakout player - - My DB Rice (I think is his name). With all the drops at WR, I put him in as 4th WR and he came through with some big catches. Less than 10, but it was a nice addition during some of the games. He also played stellar at DB.

3.Who was your biggest disappointment - - Running back Stokes. He had more wide open drops than anyone on my team. He was solid running the ball, but receiving he was a joke out of the backfield.

4.Biggest win - - Georgia Tech. I thought they had me all game. I know Georgia Tech wasn't ranked, but to fight through that game and win, I was happy.

5.Worst Loss - - UVa. I was flat out given a whipping in that game. I could do no right.

6.MVP of your team - - my MLB. He broke 100 tackles for the season and have 6 or so INTs.

7.Freshman of the year of your team - - no one. I try not to play a lot of freshmen unless they are good enough. Usually my upperclassmen are solid enough to start and play well.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

1. Mission unaccomplished. This was the yr Georgia was at it's peak and couldn't get the job done.

2. Ryan Johnson. Went from a career best 32 catch yr to over 80 with around 20 td's to take home the heisman.

3. De davidson. He has the tools the be dominant force in the pass game, but could not get to the qb and finshed with around 3 sacks.

4. Vt. This is the game every yr that we circle. It's usually the last hurdle to pass to get to the sec title game.

5. Virginia. He is like that guy who makes you feel cool and invites you the party where all the hot chicks are, buts only doing it to make you look like a fool. 2nd time this dynasty he has taken my hopes away.

6. Haynes. Need I say more? No, but I will. He is the all time greatest lb to step on the field. He is was rbs have nightmares about.

7. Collins. Came in as a rsfr after armtrong left and put up the most yrds in a season by a bulldog qb.

5. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Not very good at all. We had a strong senior class but no QB could step up and lead the team. Dissapointing season again...

Jenkins, took the helm as the main feature in the offensive backfield. He is fast, strong and dependable.

All three QB's that were given a shot. We continue to have tough time recruiting for the true offensive talent positions.

4.Biggest win
    Outback Bowl. The consolation victory...

5.Worst Loss
    Four user losses... my lack of talent against the members of the Deuce astounds me. Even when I feel like I'm having a good game I find a way to cough up the ball or give up a long touchdown.

6.MVP of your team
    Jenkins... although it should read more like a Most Improved award instead. He had a few dropped passes and fumbles that hurt the team but will surely lead the way this year.

Noone stood out, it was a senior class that failed to live up to expectation.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

I knew going in that my team was young..so finishing #2 was a pretty good achievement.

QB T.J. Brooks, setting the school record for TD's and Yards as a true freshman.

Gerald McCoy...he was a starter last year, but didn't progress well. He moved to #3 on the depth chart, but kept dropping passes, so he got pushed to #4.

4.Biggest win

Penn State...only because I had been so badly beaten by Georgia and needed the confidence.

5.Worst Loss

Georgia...they made Brooks look like he was still in high school and kept me out of the endzone.

6.MVP of your team

MLB Brian Jordan - 129 tackles, he was everywhere for two seasons, but bolted to the NFL after his RS SO year.

T.J. Brooks and Marko Mitchell...the combo was tough for other teams. The speed of Mitchell with the arm of Brooks was tough to stop.