Season 8 - Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Boom29, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Here.

2. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Miami picks up first recruits of season...

CB (#2) :4stars:
    Bryan Washington - 6'0", 189 lbs; Xenia, OH
    Texas A&M's Jayrah loss to Arkansas appeared to be the deciding factor for Bryan to commit to the Hurricanes. Bryan has great athleticism (94 SPD/93 ACC) and coverage skills (84 MCv/ZCv) to match it. Though he may red shirt his first year on campus, look for him to get on the field sooner rather than later as Miami is replacing four Seniors this year.

C (#6) :4stars:
    Cole Williams - 6'1", 287 lbs; Deltona, FL
    Miami overtook Florida for Cole's services in another heat recruiting battle in the Sunshine State. While Cole's strength is not up to par (79 STR), he has solid technique (81 PB/RB). Cole will red shirt once on campus, and will be a backup for a few years.

3. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

After losing out somehow on Nate (Something) to TAMU Florida scoops up a comparable DB in Eugene Hopkins 84/86 coverage skills with 90 spd.

Florida follows that up with another player we're really excited about, Derek Day 88/87 coverage, high press, 95/94 spd/acc. This kid will be a dandy. He may have to sit out and hopefully not transfer as we still have a log jam in the secondary.

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Very nice. I've yet to get a CB as well rated as Day.

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Tigers land the #1 player in the land, HB Hall from Michigan. He has 82 BKT, 80 ELU and can catch with 70 CTH. Also signed was SS Smith, who has great speed and 81 TCK.

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Aggies have a good start to their 14 available, with 5 that are at least verbal commits (all 5 will be here next fall with no challenging teams on the "soft" commits).

:5stars: #8 ATH Josh Burnett - 6'0" 181 - Richmond, CA - 77 (-1 @ 93%) - Josh was a HS qb with 79 thp and 85 tha and has the ability to be a receiver as well. But he's probably best suited at CB with 92 spd, 89 mcv, 85 zcv and 85 jmp. A little slow laterally but after a couple years should be ready to play a significant role. Nebraska really wanted this kid but couldn't close the door. They did get #4 ATH Terrance Johnson as a consolation prize however, so can't feel too bad for them.

:4stars: #10 ATH Nate Hart - 6'1" 171 - Highland Park, MI - 79 (+2 @ 66%) - TAMU won out over the SatansAngel1104 Florida Gators for Hart, who brings 92 spd, 89 jmp, 91 mcv, 80 press and "A" zcv. He's rising in his ratings as we continue to scout his talents.

:5stars: #2 WR Mark Collier - 6'4" 217 - San Angelo, TX - 77 (-1) - Collier brings big back to the WR corps, but unfortunately is slower than advertised, in the 4.7 range for 40 yard dash (83). Good route runner (88) spec catch (87) and release (85). Might be a bit before he sees the field though.

:3stars: #11 SS Carlos Moses - 6'1" 190 - Jollyville, TX - 78 (+7) - Moses is a hidden gem of a player, but lacks top speed (77) and agility (79). We have some good young talent at S, so Moses may have to wait awhile.

:4stars: #18 T Thurman Powell - 6'6" 299 - University Park, NM - 79 (+6) - Powell is big and he is a good pass blocker (85) which is something the Aggies have struggled with on their lines. He will come in as a redshirt candidate and could very well be starting in his second year.

7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Guess I'll drop in with my signings here too....... I only have 10 seniors.... so I can only sign four more players! I have no other offers out, I'm gonna wait and see a bit, get a little deeper scouting before I snipe for my last couple guys. I'd love to get another TE because I like my new offense, I feel like it has a pretty consistent scheme and feel, but in order to keep running it I really need at least 3 if not 4 active TEs on the roster. Another QB (preferrably an ATH) would be welcome as well.

:4stars: SS (#3) Spencer Arnold - 80 OVR - This guy looks like the real deal, especially in the 3-3-5 where he will get to be up close to the line of scrimmage a lot. 88 speed, 88 acceleration, 88 tackling.

:3stars: G (#30) Kellen Mitchell - 73 OVR - Not a star in the making, but he should develop into a nice player on the line

:4stars: DT (#10) Jason Dennis - 76 OVR - Not a need position for the Tigers, but this kid should eventually develop into a starter

:3stars: P (#14) Bruce Brown - 76 OVR - We needed another special teams player, we got one. He isn't great, but he has okay leg strength

:4stars: SS (#6) Anthony Meadows - 76 OVR - A nice player with excellent size for the position.

:4stars: ATH (#11) Charles Booth - 76 OVR - At first you see the middling OVR and the sub 90 speed and you worry he won't really be great at WR.... then you realize he is 6'6" and has a 94 jump rating and you just smile.... unless you are lined up across from him.

8. Jayrah

3 more headed to College Station:

:4stars: #8 CB Kelvin Williams - 6'0" 198 - San Ramon, CA - 78 (+5) - Kelvin comes in with 95 spd and 90 accel. Solid mid 80's in coverage and probably gets to redshirt. He will add terrific depth and eventual starting talent to our secondary.

:4stars: #2 DE Cornelius Rivera - 6'6" 247 - MdKinney, TX - 79 - Very solid across the board and a proverbial future star, is going to bump a former DE to DT next year because of lack of interior linemen and excess DE's.

:4stars: #13 T Justin Grier - 6'5" 315 - Balch Springs, TX - 78 (+5) - Only thing adorable about Grier is his size. 83 PBL, 82 RBL, 80 IBL, 87 STR, 89 Accel. He'll be a dandy.

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I don't know if I'd call that adorable. Puppies are adorable.

10. MexiRican35

Two more guys sign up with the Tigers for next year.

P. Williamson - :4stars:MLB - 77 OVR - After missing out on :5stars: Hanson to SatansAngel1104, Williamson was the next guy in line to sign. He has 90 ACC, 85 HPW and 81 BSH.

J. Smith - :4stars:DT - 81 OVR - 82 STR, 85 PMV and 84 FMV. Still could be a while until he takes the field, but he should be a good one by then.

11. Wyrmreaver

That DT looks sick Mexi! By his RS soph year he'll probably be 89-92 OVR with over 90 each in finesse and power moves......

12. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Miami adds more...

WR (#6) :4stars:
    Chris Cook - 6'1", 201 lbs; North Miami Beach, FL
    The Canes picked up instate recruit Chris Cook after Auburn seemed to close in on him. Chris has good athleticism (94 SPD, 93 ACC) and above average hands (78 Cat). Though the Miami WRs are young, expect Chris to redshirt his first year on campus.

TE (#12) :3stars:
    Charles Jones - 6'3", 259 lbs; Chillum, MD
    Charles is an above average athlete, but he was brought to Miami to be an extension of the offensive line (73 PB, 74 RB). With only two Tight Ends on the roster, Charles solidifies the depth at the position and may see the field should an injury occur (73 OVR projected).

FS (#20) :3stars:
    Drew Henderson - 6'3", 209 lbs; Oviedo, FL
    Free Safety is not a position of need for the Canes, but Drew will be a capable back-up should he need to step on the field. Drew will need to work on his coverage ability (73 MCv, 70 ZCv), but he possesses good speed and agility (75 OVR).

WR (#18) :4stars:
    Brian Thomas - 6'0", 196 lbs; Homestead, FL
    Brian is the second WR in the Canes class, and is somewhat a carbon-copy of Chris Cook. Like Cook, Brian will also get a chance to develop before seeing the field later in his career (77 OVR).

DT (#5) :4stars:
    Jeff Barber - 6'3", 310; Hanahan, SC
    Jeff continues the Miami tradition of big men plugging the middle of the Miami D-line. He has good strength (84 STR), but will need to work on his ability to shred blocks (75 BS). Having said that, he will not be hurried onto the field which will allow him to develop into solid run stopper (projected 79 OVR)

G (#9) :4stars:
    Chris Rich - 6'5", 317; North Springfield, VA
    Chris has the size and strength of a tackle and will be an imposing presence on opposing D-lines. He is a great pass blocker, but will need to improve his run blocking technique. A move to LT is a possibility depending on how the line looks at the end of the year (78 OVR).

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Auburn = #1 Recruiting Class through Week 12 :eek:

14. Wyrmreaver

Something fishy going on around here...... I am reserving offers until I complete more scouting

15. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

You've taken two guys from me, though I should have started recruiting that HB much earlier.

Oh yeah, and you better not beat me to that gem of a TE or I will be forced to take Alabama for one year just so I can beat you in the Iron Bowl.

16. Jayrah

Good luck! You'll have ALL walk-ons playing because Cougs never changed his recruiting options to cpu lol

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I would love for you to take Bama since gowazzucougs seems to be out indefinately

18. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Too bad. I have an 800 point lead on the guy, so I don't think you'll take him from me :p

19. MexiRican35

3 more guys inked.

T. Lindsey - :4stars:OLB - 77 OVR, 90 ACC, 81 TCK. Should progress well.

T. Crosby - :3stars:DE - 72 OVR, 81 PMV, 81 TCK. Hasn't fully been scouted yet, so he might come in even better.

B. Rodgers - :4stars:QB - 81 OVR, 89 THP, 87 THA. Easily has the best name, Broderick. Do you even lift, bro?

20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Arggh! It kills me you haven't completely scouted him. He ends up a 79 I think.

21. MexiRican35

Once I saw him jump up +5 with those numbers, I didnt need much more convincing.

22. MexiRican35

Offseason has gotten us a couple more guys, since we lost 3 to the draft.

ATH V. Barr - :4stars:- He has decent throwing attributes, but with Bro already signed and another QB in the process of being signed, he would be a nice addition to the WR corps. 89 SPD and 80 CTH makes him a favorable wideout.

ATH R. Matthews - :3stars:- With the departure of players to the draft, this opened up a spot to pick up a project. He can either play HB or LB, and will most likely play OLB with 91 PUR and 81 HPW.

OLB J. Evans - :3stars:- This in state kid only had 3 teams he was considering. But he jumped up a whole 10 points, giving him a 77 OVR. 87 TCK and 80 PRC makes him a great diamond in the rough.

HB R. Burch - :4stars:- With Dahl being a senior, the backfield needed more speed. Having 96 SPD aint to bad. 90 ACC and 88 AGI is a good thing too.

23. Jayrah

Second half of Tamu board is up. Very solid group of recruits but we missed out on 3 more 5 star studs mid year and that was very disappointing. Very, very disappointing. 2 were DTs and we needed 2 DTs. In the end we only got one DT but will be moving at least one DE inside at the position changes stage

24. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Offseason recruits. Could be great or could be bench warmers.

How good can an 83 speed WR be, or an 85 speed with 64 catching.... They 6-2ish 75ish overall, and good at most other things like route running, CIT, SPC. But can they be effective when they are so slow and one has hands made of stone.

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sounds like Auburn material to me!