Season 8 REcruiting Thread

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Rutgers nabs 3 guys off the bat!

***** (#3) RB Buck Scott, 6'5", 231lbs, Nutley, NJ
    ---Scott is a HUGE man at 6'5", 231lbs and he's a power back in every sorts. In the mold of John Clay, he's blazing quick off the handoff (A) accel, and B+ trucking. He also has (B+) stiff arm. Scott is a different animal than what Rutgers is use to getting in the program. But nabbing the top RB in the state is huge and Scott will definitely be a starter once he steps onto campus.

***** (#1) FS Will Johnson, 6'1", 212lbs, Ferguson, MO
    ---Signing two 5-star recruits off the bat is showing that Rutgers may have arrived on the scene as an elite program. Johnson isn't an elite talent right now but he can progress into a big time FS. He has (B+) speed and accel, which is a plus and an upgrade from what we've been putting out there. He's a sure tackler (B) and hits hard (B). We like that he can make plays with INT's with (C) catch. A very intriguing prospect.

**** (#13) DE Eric McCauley, 6'5", 240lbs, Bel Air South, MD
    ---McCauley continues the tradition of Rutgers bringing in and developing strong DE's. He's in the similar mold of the Franklin's that he's a strong end (B) and can pursuit the ball (B+)...has a big time motor and shed's blocks very well (B). He's our prototypical DE and glad he's on board with us.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Thank you because I might have wasted time on him.

I think you will like this guy... I had a carbon copy of this guy with San Diego State (my solo online dynasty) and really, really liked him. Only problem was he went pro really quick. But with that ACCEL he seems like an 88-90 speed guy and obviously he just runs right over people.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Got a :3stars: OLB to sign in week 1:

The #26th ranked OLB Dane Barron
    6'2 223
    B- Speed, A Acceleration, B- Tackle, C- Pusuit, C Play Rec
    Decent guy, especially for a 3 star

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    he'd be the 1st true power back I'll use...he's going to come in with 80-83 speed so it's interesting how I will like him. His A accel is excellent and I surely wouldn't have looked at him if he wasn't at least decent in that regard.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Wisconsin Week 1 Insta-Commits

:5stars:
    #3 T Marcus Hodges - 6'7, 313 North Carolina - Just the Beast we were looking for over at Wisconsin. He will start day 1 at RT. Great Footwork and strength this is the ideal offensive linemen.

:4stars:
    #25 CB Jon Kelly - 6'2, 184 Ohio - We werent sure on this guy but he had us #1 so we threw him a scholly. he signed right there. Sorry Stanford! B+ Speed and ACC along with very nice pass coverage skills. Perfect Slot guy...one day.

Our board is small and precise. Alot will depend on were we fall after week1. We are looking to rebuild that Oline and grab an Elite QB.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Jeez that's a great haul....I would have done triple tiger fist pump!

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Pitt lands its first recruit
    Capture.PNG

@Blaza can't you just leave that CB and RB alone! Pitt is already hurting as is here for recruits.

8. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

DJ Frederick needs to come play for DJ Rhude

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

it will be a battle......he is a speedster!

10. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Trey Randall
    HB (#11) :4stars:
    5'11" 207 LBs
    Owensboro, KY

A- SPD, B- ACC, B- BTK, B- ELU
    Not great but pretty athletic, we need more of that at Purdue especially in the backfield.

Michael Everett
    FS (#7) :4stars:
    6'2" 191 Lbs
    Kennesaw, GA

B+ SPD, B+ ACC, C+ STR, B TAK, B MCV, B POW, B PUR
    We really like Everett, he's capable of being a FS or a SS. Very good all around skills.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Goose egg for UCLA week one. We must have lost our recruiting touch guy..cause we suck. I like Trey Randall HR, reminds me of the Senior RB I have this year Cory "bent" Dickens..

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

UW signs tackle Joe Purcell out of North Carolina. The #3 tackle in the class, is also about where we'd rate him. He will probably start next season as we have two seniors at tackle, and nobody that's any good backing them up.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was looking through the rosters...UCLA has the best talent BY FAR and only Cal can come close. It will be a traveshamockery if UCLA doesn't make the title game

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah I looked at them last night..........there are more 99 ratings out there (speed, OVR, ACC, ect) then @HotRod cpu losses. I better have good offensive game plan soon!

15. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. BRUCE80

We have a nice team but I would say we were better the last two years, we have lost top talent to the draft two str8 seasons. I would love to make the title game...numerous things have killed our chances so far....this year we hope it will be different.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

3 weeks into this season and I've already have a better recruiting class than I had last season! FML

18. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I like that DE brotha. Looks like a slick passrusher.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If we can advance today, I will do a little overview of the players that have signed so far and how good they are.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Friggin brutal when you need four wide receivers

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

WR's are sparse. Yeah gotta hope for 1 stud and then a bunch of regular guys. Maybe one will emerge as a real #2. Slot guys are important but the whole league kinda knows that and that is usually the guy they manually cover. Thats were a nice receiving TE can come in handy. Of course being able to run can really help your lack of wide receivers and sub par passing game.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    You need to know your WR's and what they do best to get the most out of them. It'd how I been living. That and finding JUCO guys

23. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Yeah I'm going after a JUCO who's 6'7, good hands.......coming in as a soph

24. BRUCE80

UCLA finally lands some players.

3 star TE George Dixon a Juco with great rec skills will start next year cause we cant get a real TE to save our lives.

4 Star OLB Andrew Whitehead talented and may start as a Freshman at ROLB / we are #1 on two other 4 star OLB the best of them will start next season if we get all of them.

4 Star DT Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson Jr son of the former drug happy Cowboy, is a beast at 6'6 270 pounds and has serious skills to match, he may start next season as all we have there are RS Frosh anyway

4 Star CB DJ Fredrick the gem of our class to date, A speed and A acc along with very solid cover #s lead us to believe this will be the next great shut down CB at UCLA in a season or two

We moved into position on several other recruits that are needed, but the five star studs are eluding us this season.

25. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Better use him ASAP as there is really only a season or 2 left....