Season 8 Recruiting

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bogey21, Feb 1, 2010.

1. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Season 8 Recruiting

Just checking over this class really quick, I like what I see, deeper at some of the skill positions it seems than seasons past. Except for QB, don't see any solid players there yet.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think CB is deep again this year. HB is okay with a couple of great, but not elite backs.

I was scrolling through and I don't think this class is as deep as I first thought. Some pretty significant drop offs at a few of the positions.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

there are a couple of solid QBs not program changers but solid....

some great backs could be a couple of real battles for them...

a couple of nice Wide receivers... who could step in and contribute.

i didnt get a good look at the tight ends...

the line overall was disappointing to me.. i dont really need any lineman but it was shitty not to see any studs available....

D-lineman were pretty solid, the d ends were shaky at best, but there always seem to be solid d tackles available....

i didnt look at linebackers, i am loaded at LB for the next two years....

Corners, another solid corner class... not quite as stacked as last year but still good if you need a guy....

i didnt look at safety at all...

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I found a decent QB that I like and is actually interested in me. I've managed to bring Georgia Tech all the way down to a :1stars: program so there isn't a lot of love from the recruits.

5. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Missouri's got an instant commits from........

CB Mike Nolen/:4stars:/PS#11

With 3 JRs that might leave after this season, Mike can step in & battle for the starting position.

DE Drew Chandler/:3stars:/PS #13

Marcus Morgan is in his SR year & 3 other SR will follow him, Drew is need for depth as I have only 2 DE on the roster after this season(1 if the JR decides to leave).

6. JrRawlins

Grabbed the #2 WR :5stars: Richard Morrison..... instant commit......

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

This is what I'm talking about recruiting having no rhyme or reason, go F$%^ yourself Buck Thomas! Insta commits to A&M and the have 7 FRESHMAN CB's?!? have fun being 9th on the depth chart. OK, had to get that out of my system, nice signing Drifter.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    He doesn't care about playing time. He wanted to come play in the most talented defensive backfield in the country.

I think he also might be the fastest player we have seen with a 4.30 forty time.

UCLA took a guy off my board with an instant signing of a very fast LB.

9. JrRawlins

Drifter has the sickest secondary in the league by far....

10. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I can't remember the name of the OLB, but he looks solid and will more than likely be moved to MLB.

He has 4.48 speed which is the second fastest LB I have signed at UCLA.

Also, anyone that spends any time on a highly ranked player that has Texas A&M ranked first, is just fooling themself. He has auto committed Kris Hughes, Adam Harris, and now Buck Thomas. All elite prospects and all having A&M #1 on their lists.

I have about 5 guys on my list that I like, I have no idea if I will get any of these guys.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It's really just blind luck for the instant commits. There was some other guys that I wish I could have gotten to give a verbal.

It might be rough recruiting for us this year, especially if we continue to play like we did last week. We have Georgia next and I just don't see how we are going to pull that one out.

12. JrRawlins

Just like anyone who spends anytime that has UCLA as #1 on their list is fooling themselves or slightly delusional, or just likes wasting their fucking recruiting time on lost causes.... how many 5 stars did you sign last year? 6 or 7? i forgot? (y)

13. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

didnt you just instant commit the #1 corner and quite possible the fastest player in the Deuce?

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I was obviously speaking in relative terms. Thomas was an extremely nice get, but he isn't going to make the class by himself. I meant moving forward it might be hard to land top talent after looking at some of the user battles I might be tangled up in.

15. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

that's what she said ...

16. theSANDMAN215

Signed a 4-star OLB.

17. OMlawdog

I signed 7 (y)

I at least give people a chance to steal recruits from me. I know Im going after a HB, WR and CB pretty hard this year. Also looking at maybe going after an OL, maybe OG, but Im pretty set on the OL.

18. theSANDMAN215

I think we are going head-to-head on a recruit, no?

19. OMlawdog

I sure hope not, I hate user battles, I try to avoid them unless completely necessary.

I haven't looked at the recruiting for week 2 so I don't know.

If so, please heed JR's advice. Just back away. name someone else on your board, and I will promise not to recruit him.

20. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

anyways i am bringing a couple of guys in for my game against North Carolina this week.... hoping to get some early commits so i can dump time into the few user battles i am in....(y)

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    A&M will be hosting a number of top prospects in week 3.

22. JrRawlins

LET THE RECRUITING BATTLES BEGIN...... THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS RECRUITING WISE SHOULD BE FUN....

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Texas A&M had a good recruiting visit and received two commitments, making a total of three already.

pos ps# name ht wt notes
    FS 1 Jacob Holley 6'4'' 207 Good size, will get a look at OLB in the spring
    OLB 1 Jerome Smith 6'2'' 214 Good size and mobility, good tackler. Will need work on pass protection.
    CB 1 Buck Thomas 6'3'' 199 Good size for a CB, elite speed. Needs work to utilize his size and properly jam WRs off the line.

24. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Hate my recruiting class so far, I have dipped down into the lower level 3 stars much earlier than past season.

On a side note, apparently Virginia is trying to recruit EVER SINGLE WR in the country!!! So I'm just waiting till hes done with them and then go get one...

25. JrRawlins

bogey.... everyone wants to play with Keller... unfortunately for this class he might be gone after this year.....