Season 8 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bondzai, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Season 8 Scores

Georgia Tech: 32
    Colorado St: 22

CSU gets the ball to start the game and drives right down to field and gets a touchdown. Then on my first offensive drive both my starting QB Sam Edwards and HB Courtney Simpson get hurt. They are both out for 2 quarters. I figured I was doomed at this point. Backup QB Brent Shroeder and HB Charles McCauley held their own and the Yellow Jackets were up 19-7 at the half. I actually was up 26-7 going into the 4th quarter and then the CSU QB turned into the 2nd coming of Bradlee Van Pelt. It was too little too late though as Georgia Tech held on for the win.

Next week Georgia Tech welcomes ECU to Atlanta.

Passing:
    S. Edwards - 12/16, 178 yds
    B. Schroeder - 6/12, 113 yds, 2 td, 1 int

Rushing:
    C. Simpson - 12 att, 54 yds, 1 td
    C. McCauley - 13 att, 42 yds

Receiving:
    J. Griffin - 3 rec, 73 yds, 1 td
    A. Stevenson - 2 rec, 58 yds, 1 td

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    #3 Texas A&M 33, Mississippi State 36

Yeah, you read that right.

I couldn't do ANYTHING. HB Marvin Patterson fumbled twice on our own side of the field that gave them an easy 14 points. They probably broke more tackles than I recorded. Mainly because there was some sort of odd delay with the hitstick. I would time it perfectly, only to watch my guy do the 'miss' animation and head butt the ball carrier in the hip, allowing him to trot down the field.

Extremely frustrating.

3. Bondzai

So what you are saying is that after week 1 Georgia Tech has a better record than TAMU?

[​IMG]

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    #6 Florida State - 44
    Connecticut - 7

True freshman quarterback T.J. Brooks lights up the Huskies, going 21-31 for 443 yards 5 TD / 2 INT. Senior running back Noble ran for 100 yards as FSU debuted a new offensive look.

On the defensive side of the ball, the defense was paced by RS SO MLB Brent Jordan who had 13 tackles, followed by FR MLB Murphy who had 10 tackles in his first game. This game was a bit of a tune up by the offense really exploded. Much heralded WR Marko Mitchell had 3 catches for 50+ yards in the slot.

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

just got smoked by Bogey. 40-13 i think?

i had about 10 or so dropped passes i think. they killed my drives. oregon's defense was good though, don't want to take anything away from them.

plus i could not stop oregon's run, so i was doomed.

good game

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Georgia 41
    Byu 14

Defense played awesome led by Haynes 14tkls(5FL) and a sack. Offense went through SO TE Chris Hunter who had 12 catches 190 yrds and a TD. My Wr had a problem holding on to the ball and my HB felt the need to fumble it on both of their 1st carries... Nothing better than Benching a HB for coughing it up and then proceed to watch his replacement do the same...

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

#8 Oregon 40
    #5 Va Tech 13

The Ducks go into the toughest stadium for a visiting team in the country and come away with a big W. Tech was dominating the play early and really caught Oregon by surprise running the ball effectively out of the shotgun. Oregon hit on a huge 64 yard pass play by QB Jason Martin and layed some big licks on the Virgina Tech WR's to force a number of punts towards the end of the first half, we tacked on 2 FG to go into the locker room up 20-10. Va Tech recieved the ball and that is when first year starter 6'1" 245 lbs MLB Rashad Lake made an incredible individual effort to pick Tech's freshman QB and take it to the house.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-QRRIvBkZ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-QRRIvBkZ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

From that point Tech's QB was rattled, and we had him running for his life the entire second half.

Good game Sanders, like I said I have been there with the inexperienced QB and there is not many things more frustrating, I'm sure you will bounce back nicely.

8. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

You run Defense has gotten 100% better since the last time I played you. If you take out that 80 yarder you shut me down pretty good, I'm sure that QB is a big change from Moore, just luck I got you early.

9. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 1

USC 21 - Cinn 14

Stats:
    Passing: Williams- 8/23/88, 3 Ints
    Rushing: Burns- 27/130, 3 TDs
    Receiving: Sparks- 3rec/30
    Defense: CB Wilson, 5 Tackles, INt.

10. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

11. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

FYI, I will get my game in tonight.

Things have been crazy with work, sick family, and Im still sick.

Sorry for the lack of posts right now, its been a mess in my world.

12. JrRawlins

#9 UVA 31
    #10 Nebraska 21

Game was tight pretty much the whole way through...... Patrick is a damn beast....... seemed like he was everywhere making plays...... Keller 21-25 209 yards 3 tds 0 ints....

13. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

GG JR. As i told you last night, I dont know if my defense could play any better, and yet we gave up 31. My offense is horribad, but defense was stellar on all downs except 3rd downs. I had 8 sacks forcing a lot of 3rd and longs, but then the defense would give up the big play.

Smiley got the start, but threw a pick on the 1st play and was immediately pulled he will never see the light of day again.

14. theSANDMAN215

vt: 46
    ohio state: 36

wow. my qb, Jeff Andrews (r-FR), came up HUGE. I ran all over ohio state. I could not stop their offense in the first half. I changed it up a little in the second half, and only allowed 8 points.

Jeff Andrews (r-FR): 20/28/231, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    Andrew Stokes (r-SR): 33/140, 2 TDs
    Jeff Andrews (r-FR): 22/203, 1 TD

15. Bondzai

ECU: 7
    Georgia Tech: 45

Oh it feels good to crush the CPU for once. The switch to the Oklahoma offense has been good as I now have a good balance of running and passing. QB Sam Edwards so far has been the perfect QB for this system. The defense played outstanding only giving up 7 points and scoring 2 touchdowns, one off of an interception and the other off of a fumble recovery.

Georgia Tech is now 2-0 and hosts Ball State next week in Atlanta before a big road game at Clemson.

Passing:
    S. Edwards - 12/26, 144 yds, 3 td, 1 lame duck int

Rushing:
    C. Simpson - 23 att, 101 yds
    C. McCauley - 9 att, 23 yds
    S. Edwards - 5 att, 28 yds, 1 td

Receiving:
    A. Stevenson - 3 rec, 66 yds
    C. Greene - 3 rec, 46 yds
    C. Coe - 1 rec, 8 yds, 1 td
    K. Gardner - 1 rec, 4 yds, 1 td
    F. Williamson - 1 rec, 1 yd, 1 td

Defensive:
    M. Gardner - 8 tack, 2 tfl, 1 sack
    D. Moore - 4 tack, 2 tfl, 2 sacks
    B. Peoples - 8 tack, 1 ff, 1 int
    M. Snyder - 1 tack, 1 int, 1 td
    R. Jones - 7 tack, 1 fr, 1 td

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    #19 Texas A&M 34, #2 Georgia 31

I shouldn't have won this game and BBJ will probably agree. The Aggies held the Bulldogs scoreless in the 4th quarter while adding 14 points of their own to snag the victory in College Station.

Georgia missed a FG early in the game and it came back to haunt them. Kris Hughes went 16 for 20 for 224 yards 2TD 1INT and HB Marvin Patterson ran for 133 to lead the offensive against a stingy Georgia Defensive unit. CB Shawn Cunningham picked off Georgia QB Collins with :25 seconds left to halt the bulldogs final drive and secure the win.

GG BBJ. I guess we traded wins. At least no one was hurt this time.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    #19 Texas A&M 34, #2 Georgia 31

I shouldn't have won this game and BBJ will probably agree. The Aggies held the Bulldogs scoreless in the 4th quarter while adding 14 points of their own to snag the victory in College Station.

Georgia missed a FG early in the game and it came back to haunt them. Kris Hughes went 16 for 20 for 224 yards 2TD 1INT and HB Marvin Patterson ran for 133 to lead the offensive against a stingy Georgia Defensive unit. CB Shawn Cunningham picked off Georgia QB Collins with :25 seconds left to halt the bulldogs final drive and secure the win.

GG BBJ. I guess we traded wins. At least no one was hurt this time.

18. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 2 vs West Virginia

West Vir. 14 - USC 17

Stats:
    Passing: Williams- 12/24/133, Int
    Rushing: Burn- 30/100, TD
    Receiving: Sparks- 6/74
    Defense: ROLB Walker- 6 Tackles

All I can say is here we go again with no QB.. Damn it sucks.

We got out gained on offense, 313 to 232 total yards. WoW!!!!!

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

No no no Drifter you deserved that win more than me...You made the plays when they mattered and i didn't...

a fyi that pass at the goaline i wasn't throwing it. I thought i passed the LOS and was trying to truck your LB and it went into the pump fake causing the incompletion.. don't want you think i was drawing your LB in to toss cheese like...

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    If so, that would have been a legit play IMO. You were pressured and rolled out and my LB has to make a choice to leave his man and try to make the tackle or force you to throw it. The only thing I wish this game did a better job of was rotating coverage when the QB scrambles.

21. theSANDMAN215

is the website going extremely slow, or even loading for everyone? just wondering if it was my Internet.

22. JrRawlins

i can barely get on the site....

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Should be fixed now. We were having server problems.

We had to kick, scream, beg and then threaten to get them to take care of it.

Hopefully it continues to run and gets faster as they figure out what is going on with the server.

24. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    FSU - 30
    Nebraska - 17

Man, Mutt would have kicked my ass I think. The Nebraska defense sacked me 9 times...I ended up moving around my OL, because my LT thinks he doesn't need to block.

I held their offense in check, mainly because I injured Rowe for the game early. My offense was OK, T.J. Brooks had another good game throwing for 300+ 3TD 1INT. Wish I could have played Mutt, I don't like to beat user teams without playing them.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    #14 Texas A&M 45
    #24 Arkansas 10

A&M got the ball rolling and never looked back. Arkansas tried everything in their power, but it was not enough. Kris Hughes was 8 for 10 for 180 yards and 3 TDs while Marvin Patterson added 105 yards on the ground.

The Aggies are pleased with their performance this week with a bunch of high profile recruits in for their official visits. The coaching staff felt that everyone enjoyed their experience at Kyle Field.